• 100 results
#1 Edited by HAL9000 (73 posts) -

EDIT:

Users have stepped up and are starting to upload videos to the Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/giantbombunarchived

Twitch in the next few weeks will begin to delete old video archives from their history, I know there are a few videos still on Twitch that we'd hate to lose forever.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/

As for existing past broadcasts, beginning three weeks from today, we will begin removing them from Twitch servers. If you would like to keep your past broadcasts, we encourage you to begin exporting or making highlights of your best moments so that they’re saved for posterity.

I sent an email to Rorie to see if they could possibly export a few of the videos still on Twitch, like the NTFS: SD: SUV Event where they began the "Flight Club"

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/290741426

It starts at about 1:13:05.

-------------------------

But. are there any other videos you guys can think of that we'd like to see if we can save to the site or Youtube?

#2 Edited by HAL9000 (73 posts) -
#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11379 posts) -
#4 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2104 posts) -

This might actually be a good thing, it'll force us to do some curation to highlight the best twitch content out there. I haven't been keeping up with the content so I don't have any suggestions though.

#5 Posted by marcusofadown (71 posts) -

I seem to remember the old E3 stuff being only on Twitch? For instance, the video version of the late night stuff where Justin McElroy did his first Sherlock Holmes bit was twitch only, wasn't it?

#6 Posted by Lukeweizer (2763 posts) -
#7 Edited by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

This actually reminds me of the time the site went down for a whole day and they basically broadcasted on twitch the entrie time. It was amazing. They started riffing on their own quick looks, and other such insanity. I would really like to keep that. I don't know how to download videos from Twitch though.

There was a lot of stuff 2008, 2009, and 2010 where they didn't archive stuff at all. They used Ustream for a little while too in 2008 through early 2010 or something. Good luck finding a lot of that stuff, though. I'll edit this post if I find stuff.

Dave Sites Down

Heres part of the XBOXalypse (when the original XBOX Live was shutting down). It's only like 3 quarters of it, though (in total it was around 6 hours). No ideas where the other hour and a half is. It's also UStream so... This indicates they only were able to save that much of it. So I'm guessing the rest of it is lost to time now. Unless someone else archived it on youtube or something. (It sucks the part where Vinny plays guitar I don't think is in this =( )

Heres the original Big Live Live Show Live including the after party which isn't archived (they only archived the second and third ones). If you never saw giantbomb back then this was a trip (it's 11 hours though, buckle up).

TNT in no particular order that are not archived that I could find: 9/23/2010 11/04/2010 08/26/2010 08/05/2010 07/15/2010 11/11/2010 (I don't know if anyone cares about these or not- there's a bunch more but I'm not listing all of the TNTs that aren't archived. They did them every week for a year before they even started archiving.) Update: There is an in-depth listing of where to find all TNTs (and a couple other live shows) here (Credit goes to prestige for this)

An entire day of Kinect (this is from the launch of Kinect) Part 1 Part 2 : they did archive these as quick looks but this is the full day uncut which is not archived.

But wait, there's more- An entire day of Kinect: Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6?

Late Night Giantbomb (may be on youtube)

Big Live Live Show Live Screen Tests? (I dont remember this)

Operation Supply Drop Charity Stream 2014 (credit to sergeantz for remembering/finding it): Part 1 Part 2

That's all I can find right now. I may look more later but Twitch's search is garbage. How it decides what to list is incomprehensible- you'll get one month old stuff mixed in with 4 year old stuff at no reasonable interval.

#8 Posted by HAL9000 (73 posts) -

Drew says they are looking into this!

#9 Posted by FLStyle (4914 posts) -

Heres the original Big Live Live Show Live including the after party which isn't archived (they only archived the second and third ones). If you never saw giantbomb back then this was a trip (it's 11 hours though, buckle up).

The number 1, best, most "This is Whiskey Media!" ass video they ever made, that after party was something else.

R.I.P. Whiskey Media - You were and still are the measuring stick of new media.

#10 Edited by Lego_My_Eggo (1066 posts) -

@cornbredx: I think the XBOXalypse was one of the big reasons they moved to Justin.tv/Twitch, because it ate part of the archive and Ustream where being dicks or something when Vinny was asking for help. Also Vinny playing guitar should be in there, because i remember going back and looking for them whistling the Deadly Premonition song and part of that was in there.

#11 Edited by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

@lego_my_eggo: Ya I recall something like that. It was a long time ago so it's hard to remember. I do remember being up all night because of it and having to work the next day totally wrecked. That happened a lot with Giantbomb streams back then, though.

Totally worth it, though.

#12 Posted by Prestige (109 posts) -

A while back I made a TNT episode guide, which can be found here. You can find all TNTs not archived on GB by looking at the "video links" column. Everything before Feb. 2011 is unarchived, as well as April 21, 2011 and March 10, 2011.

#13 Posted by AMyggen (3627 posts) -
#14 Edited by BaconGames (3570 posts) -

@amyggen said:

Me and some other guys over at the GB NeoGAF thread are gonna work with uploading all the unarchived GB videos we can find to this account: https://www.youtube.com/user/giantbombunarchived (the original post about it can be found here). So keep 'em coming.

For stuff that is already on YouTube, it might not be a bad idea to favorite or otherwise build a public playlist of unarchived stuff alongside the channel uploads. I remember someone uploading an unarchived retro stream that's been on YouTube for a while now, which I say as an example. It's not as urgent as this stuff but when this gets sorted it can be a valuable place to have any errant uploads of unarchived GB stuff.

#15 Posted by AMyggen (3627 posts) -

@bacongames: Yeah, I agree. Will work on this next week.

#16 Posted by GaspoweR (3480 posts) -
#17 Posted by sergeantz (143 posts) -

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/529831786 Even though it doesn't have the normal guys, this 12-hour operation supply drop stream should be saved.

#18 Posted by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

@sergeantz: Good point, but that's only half of it. I'll add both halves to my list above. Thanks duder for bringing that up! I totally forgot about that.

#19 Posted by Darek006 (211 posts) -

Should/could this stuff go on Archive.org?

#20 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5979 posts) -

I remember coming across the first poster signing stream on twitch around the time the bombhawks posters were signed. I'll try and find the link, but if anyone else is able to find it before me, be my guest to link it.

Edit: Found it!

The first poster signing stream from 2011

#21 Edited by spraynardtatum (3655 posts) -

Sorry, I don't think I'm going to give that site anymore traffic. Glad you guys are here to do it though.

#22 Posted by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

@spraynardtatum: heh, it's not for traffic really. It's so they can be found for archival purposes.

#23 Posted by Skyfire543 (761 posts) -
#24 Posted by flatluigi (48 posts) -

There was a stream Jeff did where he played Trackmania and had Usher saying 'happy easter xbox' on loop and I would hate for that video to be lost forever. It already might be, but if anyone can dig it up I'd love for that to be archived too.

#25 Posted by locovoco (37 posts) -

@flatluigi:I'm pretty sure that's on Jeff's personal account: http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann/profile/past_broadcasts along with some other good stuff, such as his "hang sessions" and a whole ton of riding in the car with Ryan.

I'm pretty bummed out because the "Labor Day Hang Sesh!" where he played a whole bunch of Flashback and prototype games seems to be broken.

#26 Posted by Tonch (91 posts) -

I'm sure there are TONS of people mass-archiving stuff now (Giant Bomb or otherwise), and all of you doing it are really doing everyone a favor. I'd offer some help but, besides being lazy, I know someone else will have gotten to it faster/better by the time I did anyway.

#27 Posted by Biddy (230 posts) -

You're are all doing the work of gods!

#28 Posted by RonGalaxy (3275 posts) -

The first big live live show is only on twitch, so someone should probably get a hold of that.

Link to the twitch archive (it says part 1 but I'm pretty sure it's the whole thing).

Also, it's entirely possible that GB already has archives of this stuff but have not uploaded them. There's probably a ton of stuff sitting around that we've never seen before (as shown by the "that's so ryan" video).

Also, apparently justin.tv shut down yesterday?

#29 Posted by Reisz (1527 posts) -

There is a shitload of great impromptu content on there as well, like Jeff playing those commodore games. the easiest and most complete solution in the interim is for the crew to determine whose accounts have content archived and upgrade them to premium pronto, then we can organise the curation effort and catalogue all that stuff.

I expect @rorie probably already thought of this,

#30 Edited by Dezinus (329 posts) -

There's a lot of great stuff on Jeff's channel too.

Most notably a few C64 streams, and the Labor Day Hang Sesh / Flashback stream. Sadly a bunch of these seem to be missing chunks on twitch's end. Hopefully some internet wizard can figure something out before the end of days!

#31 Posted by Cammy (99 posts) -

I know they have the quick looks on the site, but the interactions between all the guys before and after the quick looks is amazing for the entire day of Kinect twitch stream (Kinect launch version).

Links: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

#32 Edited by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

@rongalaxy: I have the first Big Live Live Show Live on my list above =)

I'm having trouble finding more miscellaneous content though. I think I've exhausted any search that is generically under Giant Bomb (as it seems like, after 150 pages, I'm just getting all short highlights at this point).

If anyone remembers any specific live shows (That aren't TNTs, listed previously, or archived on this site already) make sure to say so if you remember what it was called.

It would suck to remember it after it's gone forever.

@cammy Ya, thats on my list above =)

#34 Posted by DoctorDonkey (449 posts) -

God, this whole situation is the fuckin' worst.

#35 Edited by DrSuntry (6 posts) -

The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/341162921

The individual games are on the site as quick looks, but i don't think the entire stream is here. Meaning stuff like setup woes and Patricks slow realisation, that he can't transfer accounts would be lost.

edit: i assume the people archiving content are aware of this list of every TNT ?

#36 Posted by Calitar (94 posts) -
#37 Posted by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
  1. You need to put this info into a Google Sheet or something, links and who's ripped what and when. That sort of thing.
  2. I'm going to try my best and rip everything from the Giant Bomb Twitch channel.
#38 Posted by swam (16 posts) -

Good idea on the Google sheet. We need to keep tabs before content goes a missing.

#39 Posted by Bollard (5836 posts) -

This is nice and all, but what are you going to do about these VODs? Is someone really gunna screencap them all? Or is anyone allowed to export VODs? That's kinda crazy, I wouldn't want other people uploading my Twitch VODs to their YT account...

#40 Edited by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
#41 Posted by Damodar (1497 posts) -

@drsuntry said:

The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/341162921

The individual games are on the site as quick looks, but i don't think the entire stream is here. Meaning stuff like setup woes and Patricks slow realisation, that he can't transfer accounts would be lost.

edit: i assume the people archiving content are aware of this list of every TNT ?

I swear they did actually put the entire thing up on the site, not just the individual games, but I can't find it now.

#42 Posted by jimmyfenix (3859 posts) -
#43 Posted by Anwar (880 posts) -

I had a link to jeff streaming (on his own channel)some games on an American holiday. It was Flashback and some other old games. It was this or last year iirc. President's Day, I think. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

#44 Edited by SarcasticMudcrab (210 posts) -

I just want to say a massive and very genuine thank you to all of you guys who are archiving this stuff on youtube.

You are awesome.

#45 Posted by rand0mZer00 (311 posts) -

I just want to say a massive and very genuine thank you to all of you guys who are archiving this stuff on youtube.

You are awesome.

Same here. There's a lot of unarchived videos that I have yet to see so to have them all on Youtube is really awesome. So thanks y'all!

#46 Posted by fetchfox (1360 posts) -

So many classics... I miss Karen!

#47 Edited by TepidShark (1063 posts) -
#48 Posted by Anwar (880 posts) -

Does any mod think that this is worthy of being on the front page under the community section?

#49 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3798 posts) -

I'd like to see the Screened stuff get archived somewhere. There's a bunch of videos of just Alex, Rorie, and former whiskey media people just sitting down and watching films.

#50 Edited by CornBREDX (5965 posts) -

Whiskey Media Call In Show

This was part of when the site went down. Dave took calls for several hours. He ended up staying on the live stream all day and at some point was talking with Jeff over Videos but I still cant find that part.

@i_stay_puft : That was on Justin.tv so it may not exist anymore since that site closed down and already dumped their archives a few months ago. It's also why I think a lot of really old Giantbomb content is gone as they've been live streaming on Justin.tv since before twitch existed.