• 51 results
#1 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I am currently choosing between this nice grey coat and this black coat. Which one would you buy if you were a stylish man/woman wanting to look even better?

I am currently leaning towards the grey one, as i think black is a little boring, but I would like to hear your input as well.

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
#3 Posted by Voxus (333 posts) -
#4 Edited by VictorK (73 posts) -

Thank you, but i think that one will be too cold. And i have already had a similar one with that kind of dual buttons. So the choice is still between the original two i posted.

#5 Posted by EdgeKasey (130 posts) -

I like the cut of the black one, If I had to choose.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14672 posts) -

The grey one IMO

#7 Posted by pweidman (2324 posts) -

There's some cyberpunk in that black one. :P

#8 Posted by wjb (1655 posts) -

Grey.

#9 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

Why don't you get a real Jacket?

#10 Posted by egg (1455 posts) -

coats are too mainstream

#11 Edited by Humanity (9053 posts) -

@victork: Black coat seems "nicer" if you wear suits or such clothing. Also not sure if the grey one has side access to those pockets but there's nothing worse than pockets you need to put your hands into from the top.

#12 Posted by Dimi3je (311 posts) -

grey

#13 Edited by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

The not black one.

#14 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

Why don't you get a real Jacket?

I already have a jacket. I would also like a coat.

#15 Posted by Aegon (5488 posts) -

I'm more of a patterned hooded trench coat type of guy.

Also, lol your mom is a currency.

#16 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

@aegon said:

I'm more of a patterned hooded trench coat type of guy.

Also, lol your mom is a currency.

Moms is tax in swedish, hehe. It means that the price includes tax.

#17 Edited by TheHT (11132 posts) -

Black one looks sleeker but at a glance just looks like another black coat. Grey one looks nice and also looks like it'll keep you warm. But it ain't black, so if you're cool with walkin around in a grey coat and it'll work with the clothes you have, go for it.

The black one looks sort of military when it's all buttoned up, which is cool, but the neck button looks like it'd be uncomfortable if you ever had to button it all the way up. I like the hidden buttons on the grey, as well as the neck button being to the side. Still those giant pockets look a bit off, not sure what I think about them. At the very least you'll have two giant pockets to hold all your shit. You could walk around with a Vita, 3DS, and a fuckin tablet.

#18 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

@victork: To each his own, I'm biased against "coats".

I bought a coat a few years ago and I never wore the fucking thing because I'd just wear my nice heavy jacket instead.

#19 Posted by Vuud (1954 posts) -

Who the hell spends over 1,000,000 kr lnkl. moms on a coat?
Is that supposed to be money?

#20 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -
@theht said:

Black one looks sleeker but at a glance just looks like another black coat. Grey one looks nice and also looks like it'll keep you warm. But it ain't black, so if you're cool with walkin around in a grey coat and it'll work with the clothes you have, go for it.

The black one looks sort of military when it's all buttoned up, which is cool, but the neck button looks like it'd be uncomfortable if you ever had to button it all the way up. I like the hidden buttons on the grey, as well as the neck button being to the side. Still those giant pockets look a bit off, not sure what I think about them. At the very least you'll have two giant pockets to hold all your shit. You could walk around with a Vita, 3DS, and a fuckin tablet.

Yeah, the big pockets on the grey one are somewhat odd. But i just think black is a little played out. If you see somebody wearing a coat, it will surely be black. Very rarely do you see somebody wearing a coat and it not being black.

If you were to buy one of them, which one would you personally wear? Imagine yourself being me, a swede looking for shelter from a mild winter and trying to do it with style.

#21 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

They will both make you look like a guy who thinks "HEY I LOOK FUCKING GOOD RIGHT?" so if you're ok with that then go for the... I dunno which actually, I think they both look kinda bad. Also neither are waterproof, so what's the point?

Also you're thinking about spending close to £200 (that's over $300 yo) on a coat that barely serves a purpose as a coat so I'm not sure my words will really get through to you.

#22 Posted by ProfessorK (822 posts) -

That black one is sexy. I like the way it's cut so that it doesn't bloom outward at the bottom making you look like you're wearing something that's too big.

#23 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

@vuud said:

Who the hell spends over 1,000,000 kr lnkl. moms on a coat?

Is that supposed to be money?

1700 swedish kronor would be equivalent of around 250 american dollars. Expensive you might think, but minimum salaries here are a lot higher than in the US. Move here, have a good time and life.

#24 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I guess its leaning towards the black one all of a sudden. The cut of it is better. I wish they had it in a greyer tone however.

And I already have great winter jacket, I just would like a coat as well. You do not only own and wear one pair of pants, do you?

#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -
#26 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I just want help choosing a coat, not discuss world salaries. I can afford and treat myself to a coat, thus I´d like one. That is all.

#27 Posted by Danteveli (1175 posts) -

black one

#28 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -
#29 Edited by RadecAU (91 posts) -

@victork: Go with the black one because buttons.

#30 Posted by EVO (3890 posts) -

The one with pockets looks nicer, but I'm not really a fan of either. Don't like the collar.

#31 Posted by Popogeejo (614 posts) -

Gratt look nicest to me.

#32 Posted by TheHT (11132 posts) -

@victork: Like you said, a black coat like this is common. But it's still a nice jacket when you take a good look at it. I'd personally go with the grey. It looks like it'd keep you warmer, and the collar, colour, and bottom pockets set it apart from ordinary black pea coats and such. Also looks like you could layer it nicely.

#33 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I have made my mind up; the black one it is. Or maybe both? No, probably only the black one. Or maybe the grey one. The black one it is.

Thank you for your input and nice feedback!

But the thread need not die due to my mind being set. What kind of jacket/coat do you like to wear? Show and tell! Or are you perhaps in the situation i was currently; not being able to decide between a couple of different coats?

#34 Posted by 49th (2727 posts) -

Gray, large buttons are lame.

#35 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

@49th said:

Gray, large buttons are lame.

Shit pommes, so I guess i will order the grey one. Why is it so hard, life?

#36 Edited by RonGalaxy (3101 posts) -

I was going to say I don't like either, but you're swedish and that's some swedish ass clothing if I've ever seen it (Ive watched girl with the dragon tattoo, so Im an expert).

With that aside, I guess I'd say the gray one.

Also, the gray one is kinda like Alan Wakes coat, which I approve of

#37 Edited by Zelyre (1173 posts) -

I like the cut of the black one. But, it looks very military because of the shoulder things for epaulettes. Otherwise, it looks a lot like the coat I wear. I get a -lot- of compliments from girls wearing that coat. I do wear dress slacks more often than not; this style of coat does work well if you dress down, but I don't think it works very well if you wear say T-Shirts and torn jeans. If you've got the slim frame, I think this is the coat you want.

The charcoal one has derpy outer pockets and doesn't look as good, though it could just be the model. It looks a bit baggy, where the black one is very sleek. I might like this charcoal coat more if the model wasn't in a "hater gonna hate" stance. Since it looks a bit less form fitting, if you're a little rounder, this is probably a better coat.

#38 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6151 posts) -

Gray goes with everything.

#39 Posted by VictorK (73 posts) -

I was going to say I don't like either, but you're swedish and that's some swedish ass clothing if I've ever seen it (Ive watched girl with the dragon tattoo, so Im an expert).

With that aside, I guess I'd say the gray one.

Also, the gray one is kinda like Alan Wakes coat, which I approve of

What kind of jackets/coats do common people wear in your country? I do not find either coat to be very special looking or typical for my country. Would you personally not consider wearing either of them?

#40 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

I definitely like the black one.

#41 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1056 posts) -

I like the black one. Having no pockets visible makes it look real nice.

#42 Edited by Brendan (7753 posts) -

I'm with team grey.

#43 Edited by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

Black coat looks much more classy. Also, the gray one has cargo pants pockets, that's lame!

#44 Edited by Snail (8594 posts) -

I guess it depends on your physical appearance, but by default I'd say the black one with the big buttons.

#45 Posted by avantegardener (1117 posts) -

Grey one is sleeker with less fussy buttons in my opinion.

#46 Edited by avantegardener (1117 posts) -

@xeiphyer said:

Black coat looks much more classy. Also, the gray one has cargo pants pockets, that's lame!

Hmm, your not wrong about the pockets, if only there were some way to cross breed these coats.

#47 Posted by dudeglove (7747 posts) -
#48 Posted by TheHBK (5472 posts) -

Grey, it is not as bold as a black jacket, that is to say it is subtle. While both black and grey go with anything, the grey will look better, more stylish. Also, you won't have people asking you what you are doing in the Matrix.

#49 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Neither, both look too European for me.

#50 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4192 posts) -

Grey Zone.