In May 2009 I was fortunate enough to travel solo from central Ohio to Huángshān and Běijīng. I had delicious food in a wonderful country. I wanted to have the community, with the help of my fading recollection, identify what I ate while overseas. I was inspired by the discussion of Drew's trip to North Korea.
1. One of the items I am most curious about. Seemed very popular.
2. Prepared and sold on the back of a bicycle each morning. I would like to know what is inside.
3. Steamed buns? I remember them being less doughy than what I've had in the states.
5. A dessert. Are those tapioca balls?
6. No idea.
7. Candied plums?
8. Given to me by a very nice woman on the train. I remember a hard pretzel like exterior.
9. Given to me by the same woman on the train. I did not open it.
Thanks for any help.