#1 Edited by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

I looked up the trailer brad was talking about in the Black ops quick look . I watched it ...and I have no idea who any of these people are ..  

here is the trailer  

So maybe its because I'm not America or Whatever but who?...what..?..where ?...how ?
#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I hear people calling one of them Kobe but I don't know either.

#3 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1141 posts) -

Kobe Bryant (basketball player) and Jimmy Kimmel (TV personality) are the two big ones. I would guess they're not very well-known outside the US.

#4 Edited by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Brad gets annoyingly excited and starts saying 'It's crazy!!' about anything these days, it's become his 'thing'. It's a trailer with C-List celebs shooting at each other ffs, it's one of the first ideas I woulda come up with if someone asked me to design an advert for a CoD game to demonstrate its popularity, I don't see the 'craziness' but whatever...

#5 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Kobe Bryant- The black guy holding the M-4 with the 203 

Jimmy Kimmel- The white guy with the Rocket Launcher 

#6 Posted by Tsoglani (585 posts) -

You gotta be kidding?! I'm in Australia, and everyone knows who Kobe is! I guess if you been locked in an underground dungeon then you probably don't know who they are. Kobe is only probably in the top 10 of NBA basketballers... EVER!

#7 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -
@turbomonkey138: i get you dont live in the US (neither do i) but how do you not know why Kobe Bryant is? seriously, he is probs the best NBA player out there. i dnt live in the US, dnt have any interest in NBA but i know who he is. Kimmel i can understand not knowing. If you want to know who he is go onto youtube and look up "im fucking matt damon". Believe me, youll lol.  
#8 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Tsoglani said:

" You gotta be kidding?! I'm in Australia, and everyone knows who Kobe is! I guess if you been locked in an underground dungeon then you probably don't know who they are. Kobe is only probably in the top 10 of NBA basketballers... EVER! "

Have you ever considered the notion that some people don't give a shit about basketball? The only thing I know about Kobe is that Ali G once interviewed him.

I really don't know anything about these two guys.
#9 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -
@Tsoglani said:
" You gotta be kidding?! I'm in Australia, and everyone knows who Kobe is! I guess if you been locked in an underground dungeon then you probably don't know who they are. Kobe is only probably in the top 10 of NBA basketballers... EVER! "
I thought that nobody outside USA cared about basketball. I sure as hell don't know who Kobe is. The only basketball player I know is the dude in that film with cartoon animals, Michael Jordan.
#10 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -
@Tsoglani said:
Then call me an Australian who was also locked in an underground dungeon, since I don't know who Kobe is either.  Then again, I have no interest for basketball or any sportsperson in general.  Go figure.
#11 Posted by Grillbar (1806 posts) -

kobe was the basketball player who got arrested for  sexual assult in 2003 incase that helps if you dont know that mutch about basketball 
jimmy kimmel was a co host on The man show and now host of his own show the jimmy kimmel show.
im allso not american but i know who they are but understand if you dont know who jimmy is
#12 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Sorry for my ignorance :/ 

#13 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

I only knew a couple of people in that commercial but it was pretty awesome :D

#14 Posted by soulfulsoul (145 posts) -

This is easily the best video game commercial ever! I only recognize Kobe and Jimmy Kimmel though. Who are the others? Who is the guy at the end?!
#15 Posted by Marcsman (3177 posts) -
@soulfulsoul said:
"This is easily the best video game commercial ever! I only recognize Kobe and Jimmy Kimmel though. Who are the others? Who is the guy at the end?! "

Nobody. I think they are trying to show that you can play it with celebrities. In other words you do not know if that person you just fragged or got fragged by is a celebrity.
#16 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@MysteriousBob I like how you go on to ultimately prove his point by showing how you don't have to care about basketball to know who kobe bryant is.
#17 Posted by Tebbit (4456 posts) -

Where. The. FUCK 

Is Moby? 

If I'm gonna mishear something, I'm gonna mishear it with a vengeance.

#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#19 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -
@Tsoglani said:
Yeah because if the US and Australia like something so must us Brits. 
#20 Edited by Bobby_The_Great (1003 posts) -

I live in America, and I don't know anything about Soccer, but hell even I know that Spain won the World Cup, who David Beckham is, and Manchester United is one of the biggest sports teams in the world next to the Dallas Cowboys. How can you not know who Kobe Bryant is? (This is more of just a curiosity not a flame really).

Regardless, the commercial is just simply stating everyone plays the game online; from business people, to kids, to celebrities.
#21 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4686 posts) -

I am English.

Who the fuck are these two gentlemen?

#22 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Bobby_The_Great said:
" I live in America, and I don't know anything about Soccer, but hell even I know that Spain won the World Cup, who David Beckham is, and Manchester United is one of the biggest sports teams in the world next to the Dallas Cowboys. How can you not know who Kobe Bryant is? (This is more of just a curiosity not a flame really).  Regardless, the commercial is just simply stating everyone plays the game online; from business people, to kids, to celebrities. "
I have no idea who he is or what he does . Sorry i guess basketball isn't popular over here in the UK .
#23 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@LaszloKovacs said:
" Kobe Bryant (basketball player) and Jimmy Kimmel (TV personality) are the two big ones. I would guess they're not very well-known outside the US. "
this, only knew who jimmy kimmel was. 

it is an awesome commercial. i think it is one of those memorial ones. while we're talking about commercials i think that there should be more great commercials like during the super bowl. super bowl commercials are the best ones out there. there are some great ones like black ops. 
#24 Edited by Bobby_The_Great (1003 posts) -
@turbomonkey138:   

Just interesting how different cultures are and view "celebrity". He (Kobe Byrant that is, not so much Jimmy Kimmel) is like the Jesus of basketball at the moment, but I find it fascinating how you couldn't throw his name out here and not know who he is, but there is an unknown.