Help me with my Kid Icarus review?

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RJay_64

I'm writing one for my college paper. Does this sound right?

"After more than 20 years of being relegated to smaller appearances in other Nintendo games, the popular angel Pit returns in his own title “Kid Icarus: Uprising” for the Nintendo 3DS."

He was in Tetris in 1989, F1 Race in 1991, but then it isn't until 2001 he appears Super Smash Bros. Melee, then 2005 in Wario Ware Twisted...then 2007 in Wario Ware Smooth Moves, then 2008 in Brawl of course. So is it right for me to say that he was relegated to smaller appearances for more than 20 years?

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By ahgunsillyo

Sure, I guess that works. There was that Game Boy version of Kid Icarus, but that came out in 1991, so that's still more than 20 years. However, that wording kinda makes it seem like the relegating was on a more consistent basis than it was; according to your information, there's a ten-year gap where he didn't even make any cameos in other Nintendo games.

Maybe it should be something along the lines of "After being relegated to smaller appearances in other Nintendo games over the span of more than 20 years?" I'm no expert wordsmith, though.

donkeyscrotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By donkeyscrotes

Maybe 'relegated to the periphery' or 'pushed to the periphery'? Might allow you to be a bit more vague and not have to think about appearances specifically?