Help with Apple II GS keyboard on Windows 7?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

Hello all, 

I have recently acquired an Apple II GS keyboard, model A9M0330 and also a Griffin iMate ADB to USB converter.  The iMate is recognized without problems, but I cannot get the keyboard to work at all.  Is there a way around this?  I am running Windows 7.  My thinking is that I cannot be the only one who does this - there's way too many people out there that are into this kind of stuff!  Hence, why I decided to put my faith in the wonderful GiantBomb community.  Any feedback is appreciated and I hope I can get this sorted out!

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I'm a pure windows user, so you can go ahead and ignore my suggestion but here's what I reccomend: 
I bet there are custom drivers you can find on the internet for that keyboard which could infact make it work on windows. I think that's probably the best way to make them work other than getting a real pc keyboard.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rmills87
@No0b0rAmA: Yeah I am definitely searching everywhere I can think of for those drivers.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By No0b0rAmA

But why are you trying to use a 20 year old Apple keyboard on windows?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmills87
@No0b0rAmA: Long story...bottom line - personal preference.  I just spend a lot of money getting the proper equipment to get this thing to work and now it's not working.  Hopefully you can imagine the frustration.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By meteora

Is it really 20 years old? I wonder if they even have drivers for that anymore.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By thebeast

Looks like there's various mentions of the Apple Extended Keyboard II working without any additional drivers in Windows with the iMate adapter (whether it's any different for your particular model I don't know) - have you verified that the keyboard is actually functional?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87
@TheBeast: Yeah I was reading about that too - I have not personally verified functionality myself but the seller guarantees full functionality - this keyboard is claimed to have been 100% tested.  I know that can't really count for anything nowadays, but I'm going on the honor system here.
rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rmills87

Well, good news!  It may not matter to most of you but I was using the incorrect ADB port.  Everything is working now with the Apple A9M0330 keyboard!  Friggin love this thing!