Help with depression?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SneeryWall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, I've never posted to any message board/forum before, but I feel like the Giant Bomb community is the best, so I decided to give this a shot.

I've had very serious depression for a while now, am taking medicine and seeing a therapist. Do you of anything that can help with the depression?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

The best advice I can give is to treat the root cause of the depression (whatever that is). It comes and goes for me, which tells me I haven't done anything to get rid of it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What causes your depression?

Envisioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember you're not alone. I know how hard it is to reach out and make a post like you did, high-five man. It's fantastic you've already taken the step to see a therapist. If you don't mind asking, what medication are you on? It's very important to remember that some can take up to six weeks to take effect. Even then, not everything works for everyone. Keep an open dialogue going with your therapist, and if you feel like there hasn't been a positive change on one kind of medication, it's okay to try another.

I'm really glad you feel like the GB community can be a big help to you. The videos and content this site puts out helped me in a similar way, and I always know I can find entertainment here even when everything else just sucks and I don't want to think about getting out of bed.

Overcoming depression isn't easy, and is always a work in progress. You're taking tremendous strides in opening up, I'm rooting for you. Anything more specific you'd like to know, I'll always answer for you.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By baka_shinji17

I cannot offer any advice but I will say that you are not alone in having to deal with depression. I can definitely relate. It really does suck, being constantly overwhelmed with feelings of hopelessness and dread. Plus being exhausted and apathetic all the time is pretty horrible too. The worst for me is thinking that all the things you once enjoyed are now just useless wastes of time. Again this is what depression does to me, not sure what your situation is but like I said, you are not alone

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eskimo

Lots of exercise and eat good healthy food. Improving the way you feel physically can help your mental state.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

While we certainly wish you the best with your health issues, Giant Bomb is definitely not the place to seek out help for these things. Please consider consulting with a doctor. Locking this down.