Helping out a Navy serviceman and his wife.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Attention duders. My sister and her husband have been stationed in Japan with the Navy for the last three years. During that time she has had a bunny that has kept her company while her husband was deployed for long stretches. Now that she is finally coming home in October they found out that the airline the Navy chartered for them only allows Dogs and Cats on the flight. This is a problem. Their only option now is to pay for the shipping themselves. This is going to cost a few hundred dollars and has to be done. We have already started raising money but any help would be amazing. If you are interested in helping out please send me a message and I will send the information over.

I came to Giantbomb because after years of membership this community has proven that it can be pretty amazing.

Thank you all in advance.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Hmm - just out of interest, as a person serving in the Australian military, this sounds pretty unfair.

We have the option of arranging for our own travel in circumstances like this and then getting reimbursed the amount the ADF would have spent (usually a little lower since they have deals with Quantas).

I would assume the US have a similar scheme - make sure they have checked with their Admin/ Personnel Capability Officer and see if they can find an airline which allows rabbits.

It would be rediculous if they don't at least get some help with this. All of the public services here make sure their people don't get screwed like this.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: They have been trying different ways to solve the problem. But have been hitting nothing but red tape.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo: I forgot about Nick Cages epic hair in Con Air

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Re home the rabbit locally and get a new one when home?

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5