#1 Posted by stoodspoon (538 posts) -

Although It has the Spiderman 3 problem of to many villains we have Emma Stone and no emo Peter

#2 Edited by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

I did not really care for the first movie, especially compared to the original 2. But, this one seems to look a bit better. Having too many villans can cause issues for sure, but if they are balanced accordingly it could be fun

#3 Edited by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

I was expecting a trailer for the new game...

for a few seconds I was thinking, wow so this is next gen.

#4 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

Not sure what it is but the CGI looks really cartoony, especially spiderman himself.

#5 Posted by cgeare (29 posts) -

I'm a crotchety old man about these new movies. Spiderman 3 was a trainwreck and all that, but they really didn't wait long enough to reboot. I like my Spiderman with a heavy dusting of Tobey and Raimi. Peter Parker shouldn't be a cool, skateboarding, fohawked, skinny jeans wearing "nerd". He should be a normal nerdy dude.

#6 Posted by stryker1121 (1237 posts) -

@cgeare: I loved the first two Raimi Spidey movies. They've gotten retroactive backlash because of SM3...however (and I'm not an expert on this) from what I gather the Garfield Spidey is closer to the comics...in the books he's portrayed not so much as a 'normal nerdy dude' but a wisecracking 'geek chic' kind of kid.

#7 Edited by Flappy (2034 posts) -

No Tobey? No buy!

#8 Posted by GunstarRed (4733 posts) -

I Still think Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies ever made and I expected the first one of these films to be pretty bad. People seemed to be pretty indifferent about it when it came out and I was surprised to find myself really enjoying it when it was on TV despite some pretty ropey CGI.

I think the shot of Spidey jumping on the pylon things at the end of the trailer looks fantastic.

#9 Posted by Humanity (7961 posts) -

No wet Kirsten Dunst nipples? No buy!

#10 Edited by TheHT (10286 posts) -

This... looks completely terrible. I dunno if they've cut together random lines of dialogue and that's what's making every character sound like they've never had a real conversation before, because what the hell. Even the CG, which I'd still at least be able to enjoy if everything else sucked, looks really bad.

I didn't much care for the first one, but this actually seems worse.

#11 Edited by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

#12 Posted by MEATBALL (2786 posts) -

I still haven't seen the last film. This trailer left me fairly cold though I don't think the movie looks bad (though Jamie Foxx's Electro looks pretty ridiculous).

#13 Posted by Encephalon (1176 posts) -

Watching Spidey jump around like a lunatic is always fun, but he doesn't do that for the whole movie, so no thank you.

#14 Edited by joshwent (1778 posts) -

And here is an amazing, Spider-Man 2 trailer

...okay, not that amazing, but this movie is still pretty damn good.

It completely captured the allure of Spider-Man. He's a normal kid, who's personal problems always trump the "more important" beating the bad guy problems. It's the perfectly relatable power fantasy in which the hero performs incredible feats, but is still an awkward nerd when the mask comes off. And as much as he cares about saving the city over and over again, what's most important are his friends and family.

I get none of that from the new movies.

(it could still make a good game, though?)

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5174 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

@cgeare: I loved the first two Raimi Spidey movies. They've gotten retroactive backlash because of SM3...however (and I'm not an expert on this) from what I gather the Garfield Spidey is closer to the comics...in the books he's portrayed not so much as a 'normal nerdy dude' but a wisecracking 'geek chic' kind of kid.

Peter is way more nerdy in the comics than he is in the new movie (at least the ones I've read). Though in the comics, Spiderman is cracking wise way more often than he did in the original trilogy. So its more faithful in one way, less faithful in another.

#16 Posted by JayEH (512 posts) -

So it looks like they didn't learn their lesson from Spiderman 3

#17 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (245 posts) -

This looks great. Looks much better than any of the Raimi films (including Spider-Man 2).

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (808 posts) -

The Raimi film's are steaming piles of shot, Amazing ha been far better so far

#19 Posted by Dimi3je (225 posts) -

Meh...

#20 Posted by zoozilla (974 posts) -

I saw this in the theater in 3D before Desolation of Smaug, and it looked pretty bad. With the 3D, it was pretty much impossible to tell what was going on in the fast-paced action scenes, and whenever I could get a good look the CG just looked kinda bad. The trailer did not get me excited for the movie at all.

#21 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

This looks like it'll probably not have much direction.

@jayeh said:

So it looks like they didn't learn their lesson from Spiderman 3

Exactly.

#22 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3031 posts) -

Spider-Man 3 had three villains, this one only has two.

The Dark Knight had two villains too, so they can take time to develop the characters.

#23 Edited by Sevith (12 posts) -

The villains in this one are Green Goblin, Electro, and Rhino. Three villains. Setting up for the confirmed Sinister Six movie, no doubt. Check out the Vulture wings and Doc Ock tentacles in that one shot.

#24 Edited by TooWalrus (12977 posts) -

I actually like this incarnation of Spider-man, though I'd rather he co-exist in Disney's Marvel universe.