Heroes' Epic Struggle

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

The third season of the television show Heroes titled "Villains" has been very interesting so far and has taken the show in a completely different direction than the other seasons have taken us. In season one of Heroes we were introduced to several different characters with all different interests, genders, ages and nationalities who all were discovering that they had extraordinary powers. An artist who lives in New York City named Issac Mendez (played by Santiago Cabrera) has the ability to pant the future and he pants the city in which he lives destroyed with a cloud in the shape of a mushroom floating over it. A fun loving Japanese man named Hiro Nakamura (played by Masi Oka) learns he has the ability to bend time and space and teleports to New York City about a month into the future and witnesses this explosion and quickly teleports back to the present. Hiro and his friend Ando go on a quest to save New York City. The show follows many characters in the format that the movies Babel or Crash do in which their are many different storylines that come together into one and sure enough by the end of season one of Heroes every character interacts. What I loved about this season is that it portrays these characters as normal people that must deal with having these powers while living a semi-normal life or in other words they are not running around in tights, fighting bad guys and helping cats out of trees.
After season one was over and the show had many viewers and great press the writers were under a lot of pressure to make season two as good as season one was. The problem was that the purpose of the show was to portray normal people with super powers and to watch these people discover their extraordinary abilities. The characters were already fully aware of their abilities so season two had no purpose. Season two was still some what enjoyable for the Heroes fanatic but it did not live up to the quality of season one and made some crucial mistakes such as adding to many new characters with uninteresting storylines that took up to much airtime and were just not fun to watch and by leading old characters down some unusual boring paths. Also the WGA strike did not help and made the season end uncompleted and rushed. The season had a total of only 11 episodes. I'll give the show credit for David Ander's character of Adam Monroe. I like this character a lot and David Anders did an amazing job portraying him but I am very upset about how little Adam Monroe is in season three.
This current season has much action and is more like a typical show about super heroes than I would like it to be but I still am enjoying it a lot and it is a big improvement from season two. There are some episodes in the season that are a little slow paced and boring but than an exciting episode will air and remind me how good the Heroes is. The show continues to lose viewers but I think it is because Heroes has become to confusing for new viewers to start watching. The biggest problem I have with Heroes is the amount of times they make you believe a character is dead and after a commercial break you find of the character is still alive. They hold on to so many characters and they continue to add new characters to the show so the show becomes crowded and there is not enough airtime to portray all of these characters storylines plus there are a lot of characters that are so boring to watch and I wish they would get rid of them. I feel that they keep some of the characters on the show because they want to keep the actor or actress who play the character around on set and I understand why. The cast of Heroes is so awesome but in order to make the show interesting you have to kill some characters off. What really annoyed me was when Ali Larter's character Niki who I disliked so much died and than in season three you find out that Niki has a twin that was separated a birth that Ali Larter now plays and has just as much of a boring storyline. That is such a desperate thing for the writers to do to keep Ali Larter on the show. No offense to Ali Larter, she is a great actress but I just don't like any of the characters she has played on the show except for Jessica in the first season who was Niki's other personality (Niki had multiple personality disorder which she gets ride of in the second season).
Also the fact that the co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were supposedly fired really bothers me.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Wolverine

The third season of the television show Heroes titled "Villains" has been very interesting so far and has taken the show in a completely different direction than the other seasons have taken us. In season one of Heroes we were introduced to several different characters with all different interests, genders, ages and nationalities who all were discovering that they had extraordinary powers. An artist who lives in New York City named Issac Mendez (played by Santiago Cabrera) has the ability to pant the future and he pants the city in which he lives destroyed with a cloud in the shape of a mushroom floating over it. A fun loving Japanese man named Hiro Nakamura (played by Masi Oka) learns he has the ability to bend time and space and teleports to New York City about a month into the future and witnesses this explosion and quickly teleports back to the present. Hiro and his friend Ando go on a quest to save New York City. The show follows many characters in the format that the movies Babel or Crash do in which their are many different storylines that come together into one and sure enough by the end of season one of Heroes every character interacts. What I loved about this season is that it portrays these characters as normal people that must deal with having these powers while living a semi-normal life or in other words they are not running around in tights, fighting bad guys and helping cats out of trees.
After season one was over and the show had many viewers and great press the writers were under a lot of pressure to make season two as good as season one was. The problem was that the purpose of the show was to portray normal people with super powers and to watch these people discover their extraordinary abilities. The characters were already fully aware of their abilities so season two had no purpose. Season two was still some what enjoyable for the Heroes fanatic but it did not live up to the quality of season one and made some crucial mistakes such as adding to many new characters with uninteresting storylines that took up to much airtime and were just not fun to watch and by leading old characters down some unusual boring paths. Also the WGA strike did not help and made the season end uncompleted and rushed. The season had a total of only 11 episodes. I'll give the show credit for David Ander's character of Adam Monroe. I like this character a lot and David Anders did an amazing job portraying him but I am very upset about how little Adam Monroe is in season three.
This current season has much action and is more like a typical show about super heroes than I would like it to be but I still am enjoying it a lot and it is a big improvement from season two. There are some episodes in the season that are a little slow paced and boring but than an exciting episode will air and remind me how good the Heroes is. The show continues to lose viewers but I think it is because Heroes has become to confusing for new viewers to start watching. The biggest problem I have with Heroes is the amount of times they make you believe a character is dead and after a commercial break you find of the character is still alive. They hold on to so many characters and they continue to add new characters to the show so the show becomes crowded and there is not enough airtime to portray all of these characters storylines plus there are a lot of characters that are so boring to watch and I wish they would get rid of them. I feel that they keep some of the characters on the show because they want to keep the actor or actress who play the character around on set and I understand why. The cast of Heroes is so awesome but in order to make the show interesting you have to kill some characters off. What really annoyed me was when Ali Larter's character Niki who I disliked so much died and than in season three you find out that Niki has a twin that was separated a birth that Ali Larter now plays and has just as much of a boring storyline. That is such a desperate thing for the writers to do to keep Ali Larter on the show. No offense to Ali Larter, she is a great actress but I just don't like any of the characters she has played on the show except for Jessica in the first season who was Niki's other personality (Niki had multiple personality disorder which she gets ride of in the second season).
Also the fact that the co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were supposedly fired really bothers me.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By tekmojo
Dude, WTF?
Dude, WTF?