Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kitsune_conundrum

I just watched the season finale and man....the ending is just...PLOT TWIST!! mind is blown

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

It was certainly an interesting ending. Kind of disturbing, but interesting. Funny thing is I hadn't watched any of Heroes since the middle of volume 3, but i still kind of got the jist of what was going on. There was really only one character I was unfamiliar with. Ill have to go back and watch all the episodes i missed.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By inkeiren

Did it get better after the beginning of season 3? I gave up.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

An episode of heroes somehow blew your mind? Not sure I follow. Even the 1st season that most people said was the only good one I didn't enjoy so I somehow doubt it could of been all that great.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inkeiren
pause422 said:
"An episode of heroes somehow blew your mind? Not sure I follow."
The first season was fantastic. Edit: I see you edited your post to add about the 1st season. I think it just did not fit your taste, rather than it not being a good show.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

Yes, only the first season, this finale and the end of volume four was good, set almost everything back in motion for some characters...ended this stupid season of danko.....i hope for got that next season is better....

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Maybe I'll actually watch this one episode then.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK

Lol what the theyre still showing season 3 here in the UK

anyway why all the hate for heroes? (apart from pasue442 whom we all know hates things just to act cool and snooty)

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Lashe

I've actually given up on the series because of this finale, the show has failed countless times to reach the heights that the first season did. I'm sick of being let down by the show and this finale was the worst of the lot. They're really going down the road of some endless cycle of a show and I really don't like how contrived it's getting.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By trophyhunter

I'd say that last episode was better than all of volume four
and that ending was pretty damn twisted and a clever way of keeping both characters around

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inkeiren
pause422 said:
"Maybe I'll actually watch this one episode then."
I commend the fact that you are open to trying a show that you disliked before. However, even if the episode disappoints you, it does not necessarily mean it was "bad". I know it seems semantic, but there is a large gap between "taste" and "opinion". You seem to be fairly open minded, so I'm not criticizing you or anything, but if you did not like the first season you probably won't like it this far in.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine
kitsune_conundrum said:
"I just watched the season finale and man....the ending is just...PLOT TWIST!! mind is blown"
I'm done with Heroes and I used to be a super huge fan, Volume 3 sucked so I can't imagine volume 4 being much better.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Illmatic

I loved Season 1, HATED season 2, detested season 3, and just flat out gave up with season 4. I can see it's slowly getting better but I just can't stick around and wait for it to get anywhere near the quality of the first season. It's just gotten way too outlandish for me. I loved the first season because it was small in scope and simply focused on how these heroes affected each other. Now it's getting into the President and task forces chasing them and backstabbing and its just gotten to be too much for me.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ

I probably wont really watch the show regularly again until they bring back Micah and his cousin. They were two of my favorite characters, but they got the shaft after season 2. Peter, Parkman, and Ando have been awesome too, but I really miss those other characters.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422
crunchUK said:
"Lol what the theyre still showing season 3 here in the UKanyway why all the hate for heroes? (apart from pasue442 whom we all know hates things just to act cool and snooty)"
heh, you're just as dumb as ever. You make it sound like I'm the only one you've ever heard that generally doesn't like heroes or even think its a good show or ever was...there's probably 10+ other threads with this same subject and 90% of the comments are negative towards the show. If someone wanted to as you say "act cool" by hating on something, I'm sure they could pick something better than heroes to do so. Grow up for a change.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By swamplord666

yeah... seriously i was so glad it was over. I won't be watching anymore heroes. even the plot twist didn't rekindle my interest. felt like a : "WAIT! don't go! check this out... PLOT TWIST!" Yeeeeaaah... no.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK
pause422 said:
"crunchUK said:
"Lol what the theyre still showing season 3 here in the UKanyway why all the hate for heroes? (apart from pasue442 whom we all know hates things just to act cool and snooty)"
heh, you're just as dumb as ever. You make it sound like I'm the only one you've ever heard that generally doesn't like heroes or even think its a good show or ever was...there's probably 10+ other threads with this same subject and 90% of the comments are negative towards the show. If someone wanted to as you say "act cool" by hating on something, I'm sure they could pick something better than heroes to do so. Grow up for a change. "
yep. pause is as insecure about him/herself as ever
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

Wait wait wait...whoa....

Season 4?  What the FUCK did I miss?  I thought it was still on season 3 and that they just mixed volume 3 and 4 into the same season.

Also, if the series went downhill, I'll be sad (haven't seen anything since Peter was thrown out of the window or whatever at Pinehurst).  Nonetheless, I was thoroughly enjoying season 3 at that point...and if there is anyone to "blame", it would be the motherfuckers that fired Jeph Loeb from the show!!!
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Willy105

It was awesome!

Although the Season 5 preview was boring.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dany

Yeah, it was seaosn 3 but volume 3 and 4.....also, volume 3 was possibly even worse then season 2.......

also we did not get to see the epic battle we have been aching for....it was LITERALLY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

also why couldnt nathan have a dose of claires blood

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Willy105

I laugh out loud at those who missed an episode. They are missing a lot.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By jakob187
Willy105 said:
"I laugh out loud at those who missed an episode. They are missing a lot."
I've gotta work, man...and I work 4pm to midnight.  I'm going to be catching up on NBC.com, though, so don't worry.

I don't see why people didn't like Season 2 and Volume 3 that much.  I mean, I know that there are a lot of people that pull this "well, they are supposed to be ordinary people with extraordinary powers".  I get that...for Season 1.  However, eventually, they HAVE to become the heroes that the title of the show states they are.  It's so stupid that people were all "too many storylines, blah blah blah".  People said the same about Two Towers (both the book and the movie), and yet I still think it's one of the best books in the LOTR trilogy.

All I'm saying is I don't get it.  I was thoroughly enjoying the plot twists and everything.  The only slight issue I had was how they were handling Suresh at the time.  I'm hoping that changed a bit over the course of the season.

Either way, I've gotta pick up from episode 8 this week and move forward.  I'm sure I'll be caught up by the end of the week and ready to discuss this shit.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Illmatic
jakob187 said:
"Willy105 said:
"I laugh out loud at those who missed an episode. They are missing a lot."
I've gotta work, man...and I work 4pm to midnight.  I'm going to be catching up on NBC.com, though, so don't worry.

I don't see why people didn't like Season 2 and Volume 3 that much.  I mean, I know that there are a lot of people that pull this "well, they are supposed to be ordinary people with extraordinary powers".  I get that...for Season 1.  However, eventually, they HAVE to become the heroes that the title of the show states they are.  It's so stupid that people were all "too many storylines, blah blah blah".  People said the same about Two Towers (both the book and the movie), and yet I still think it's one of the best books in the LOTR trilogy.

All I'm saying is I don't get it.  I was thoroughly enjoying the plot twists and everything.  The only slight issue I had was how they were handling Suresh at the time.  I'm hoping that changed a bit over the course of the season.

Either way, I've gotta pick up from episode 8 this week and move forward.  I'm sure I'll be caught up by the end of the week and ready to discuss this shit.
"
I actually enjoyed the multiple storylines of Two Towers because they seemed much more fleshed out to me than that of Heroes is as of late. It seems like they added these multiple storylines in a strange attempt to make the show "bigger" thus hopefully leading to a deeper and richer story. Unfortunately, it feels more like the story is jumping from plot to plot with a flimsy base in which they are all connected. The writers just don't seem strong enough to write a story that meets their apparently high goals and it shows in the stilted dialogue and seemingly random rather than surprising twists.
Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Steve_C

I just watched it and thought it was kinda dumb. The resolution at the end of 4 pretty much gets dismissed 5 minutes later in the volume 5 preview, though there could be some potentially interesting split personality stuff. They also didn't show what potentially was an awesome looking, albeit short fight.

Like most people i think season 1 was the best. I don't really think it has improved much, but i've learned to appreciate how silly and convoluted it gets. It's always entertaining.

wait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wait

ok so i got a quick question about peter's powers, i understand why they needed to depower the guy, so now does he have sylers power or "understanding" and reproducing other powers or is it just like his old powers except he needs to touch them, but still retain them like he used to??

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Under_Influenz

I enjoyed the episode overall. The twist was well, twisted. However, I was disappointed in the fight between sylar, nathan, and peter. C'mon all we got was a flash of lightning. Also, the preview into vol.5 did not get me excited. 

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dany

Im pissed, when ws the last time we actually saw a battle between peter and syler....NEVER!

they always cheat their way out of it!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AgentJ
Dany said:
"Im pissed, when ws the last time we actually saw a battle between peter and syler....NEVER!they always cheat their way out of it!"
The reasoning is obvious. Someday the show will have to end, and they want the final battle between the two to be extremely epic. They must feel that showing us ANYTHING would cheapen that inevitable ending. 
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By Systech

I actually gave up on watching it a few weeks ago. Has anything actually good happened?

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, I agree that season 3 really was garbage. It's not even in my mind anymore.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#31  Edited By tearhead

*SPOILERS*

Yea...the ending was messed up... when they finally had Sylar I was like "CHOP OFF HIS FUCKING HEAD YOU IDIOTS!!" Seriously though... Nathan is dead, and what his mother wanted to do with Sylar is just creepy. Thai is not Nathan, that is still Sylar, just brainwashed. But again, they should have just chopped off his head, burn the remains, break the ash pile into five piles, and spread them out into the five corners of the Earth. DONE. Nathan sucked anyway... in fact any superhero that can only fly automatically sucks.

EDIT: One other thing... why the fuck did Nathan and Peter just rush in there to fight Sylar?! I mean, they had the jump on him. They could have just waited til he came out and Peter could have jumped him, touched him, and take his powers. Then they could've fought. Rushing in there was suicide, you didn't even see the fight, and Nathan died like a pussy. But again... Nathan sucked anyway.

*SPOILERS*

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they had to jump on him if not for Claire getting thrown out the door.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Omega
Dany said:
also why couldnt nathan have a dose of claires blood"
I agree.

I think the problem is that the characters were given such godly powers that in order to create any further conflict they needed to find ways to take away powers in order to make them more susceptable to the dangers they have to face in the show.

That's why the show is failing to live up to the expectations that people have based on the first season. That and the ways the writers are finding to handicap the characters are really stupid. And then there are the walking deus ex machina known as Hiro and Clair.

I still enjoy it. I dunno why. I just do, I guess it reminds me of the old days of watching Spider-man and Batman cartoons when I was little.
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega said:
"Dany said:
I agree.I think the problem is that the characters were given such godly powers that in order to create any further conflict they needed to find ways to take away powers in order to make them more susceptable to the dangers they have to face in the show.That's why the show is failing to live up to the expectations that people have based on the first season. That and the ways the writers are finding to handicap the characters are really stupid. And then there are the walking deus ex machina known as Hiro and Clair.I still enjoy it. I dunno why. I just do, I guess it reminds me of the old days of watching Spider-man and Batman cartoons when I was little."
I'm not sure, Claire and even Adam's blood have shown to have incredible healing properties but they never said that it would bring back the dead. So far, that only applies to the regenerative characters like Claire, Adam, Sylar or when Peter was awesome.
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Omega
kitsune_conundrum said:
"Omega said:
"Dany said:
I agree.I think the problem is that the characters were given such godly powers that in order to create any further conflict they needed to find ways to take away powers in order to make them more susceptable to the dangers they have to face in the show.That's why the show is failing to live up to the expectations that people have based on the first season. That and the ways the writers are finding to handicap the characters are really stupid. And then there are the walking deus ex machina known as Hiro and Clair.I still enjoy it. I dunno why. I just do, I guess it reminds me of the old days of watching Spider-man and Batman cartoons when I was little."
I'm not sure, Claire and even Adam's blood have shown to have incredible healing properties but they never said that it would bring back the dead. So far, that only applies to the regenerative characters like Claire, Adam, Sylar or when Peter was awesome."
Yeah but didn't Noah get shot in the head and was brought back to life in season 2? Or was he alive and I just cant remember?
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega said:
"kitsune_conundrum said:
"Omega said:
"Dany said:
I'm not sure, Claire and even Adam's blood have shown to have incredible healing properties but they never said that it would bring back the dead. So far, that only applies to the regenerative characters like Claire, Adam, Sylar or when Peter was awesome."
Yeah but didn't Noah get shot in the head and was brought back to life in season 2? Or was he alive and I just cant remember?"
I totally forgot about that scene, Noah was like dressed in hospital gowns and hooked up to machines and stuff so I'm guessing his was still alive? just in a coma, brain damage or some slow fatal wound or something. They never really said he whether or not he was dead or alive.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dany
AgentJ said:
"Dany said:
"Im pissed, when ws the last time we actually saw a battle between peter and syler....NEVER!they always cheat their way out of it!"
The reasoning is obvious. Someday the show will have to end, and they want the final battle between the two to be extremely epic. They must feel that showing us ANYTHING would cheapen that inevitable ending. 
"
I disagree, with the rate this show is falling with fans and quality over time , having the climatic moment be behind closed doors was pathetic
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By teh_destroyer

I kinda stopped watching after season 2,I need to see if Netflix has season 3 up for streaming >_>

kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teh_destroyer said:
"I kinda stopped watching after season 2,I need to see if Netflix has season 3 up for streaming >_>"
Season 3 will just make you angry
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AgentJ
Dany said:
"AgentJ said:
"Dany said:
"
I disagree, with the rate this show is falling with fans and quality over time , having the climatic moment be behind closed doors was pathetic"
Im not saying its not pathetic, because it is, but that is really the only reasoning they could have beyond falling behind on the budget
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By maxszy
inkeiren said:
"Did it get better after the beginning of season 3? I gave up."
This. I loved Season 1, one of the best seasons on television. Two was great about half way and then the writers strike took its toll on the second half. Never got into three from that and the fact I kept hearing it go down hill in S3 from the beginning.

So did it improve at all after that? All I remember is preview for it with Peter running around with an AK-47 or something. Seemed rather ridiculous!
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Willy105
Maxszy said:
"inkeiren said:
"Did it get better after the beginning of season 3? I gave up."
This. I loved Season 1, one of the best seasons on television. Two was great about half way and then the writers strike took its toll on the second half. Never got into three from that and the fact I kept hearing it go down hill in S3 from the beginning.So did it improve at all after that? All I remember is preview for it with Peter running around with an AK-47 or something. Seemed rather ridiculous!"
The story moved on considerably. The writers tried to listen to the fans that wanted more action, and Season 3 became such a superhero spectacular that nobody from past seasons related to it. Season 4 however, went going back to being less powers, more story, and it is now very similar to Season 1 in terms of pace and message.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Willy105
kitsune_conundrum said:
"Yea, I agree that season 3 really was garbage. It's not even in my mind anymore."
Yeah, so much stuff was going on at once that I barely remember what happened. Too much stuff, and nothing became iconic.