Hey everyone, can you give me your opinion on this song?

Avatar image for worldmustlookup
worldmustlookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By worldmustlookup

I don't know if it's allowed here or not, but here, I made a song about the internet.A few things I want to know from you:

- Were beats strong enough?

- How was the melody?

- What should I add?

Thanks, GB!

SeaMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SeaMoose

Hey! 1. The beat was pretty simple.. Could really benefit from using some hi hat and claps in the different sections to differentiate from verse to bridge to chorus etc. Also add some crash and toms in places. Tom's would sound great rolling off into the second half of the chorus.

2. The melody works but it doesn't have much of a hook as it's really just following the progression of the vocals. The bass on the other hand works quite well. Perhaps if you added constant 16th hi hats or claps in the chorus you can afford to make the bass a bit more off beat, making it feel like the song is progressing more from verse to chorus. Also, the melody could do with a more synthy sound to fit the vocals.. Particularly something modelled from an 80's synth to give it a more authentic feel.

3. Adding more to the drums, hats, claps, crash to signify the introduction to different sections, and some toms would be great. Although it can be tricky adding some sort of modulation, (key or time signature) would make the whole piece a lot more interesting. Because your composing in a minor key the song would benefit from some real punch that you could get from cool 80's sounds and particularly a revised beat.

Can i ask what software your using to mix and compose this as well as where you are getting your samples from (if any) for the drum beat? I assume the rest is being done in MIDI.

Other than that great work and i will be looking forward to hearing what you do to it!

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Terry_Bogard

1. The beat is pretty good.

2. I agree with the gentleman above me. You need to add claps or something to the chorus. It needs to sound louder.

3. towards the end it needs to get crazier (Louder drums, I guess?)... It just kind of ends.

Asides from that I liked it. The way you said internet was neat too =].

Edit: I'd also like to know what program you made this in.

Avatar image for worldmustlookup
worldmustlookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By worldmustlookup

@SeaMoose: Okay, woah. I really did not expect this kind of answer, in terms of details!

I use Fruity Loops 10, for now. For beats I use beat generator software (vst plugin).

Thank you, so much, GB!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

I'm not really a musician, but I liked it. Got kind of a depeche mode feel. Could probably be a little louder and the ending could be a bit more exciting "though it's very loopable in this state". The beat sounded good though I think it might get a bit repetitious in repeats.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Xeiphyer
@TobbRobb: Good call on the Depeche Mode vibe :P