• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -
#2 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Too soon bro

#3 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

That's pretty good. The song it's a satire of however, is not.

#4 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

I find this overly sexist towards men. Do you think we just all walk around with asymmetrical faces and muscles on every inch of our bodies?

#5 Posted by Marcsman (3202 posts) -

Hey I just fucked you and this is crazy

But lose my number, and keep the baby.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Shame about the tattoos, he looks a bit clueless too.

#7 Posted by Orbitz89 (229 posts) -

The Zombie apocalypse is nigh!

#8 Posted by Bocam (3755 posts) -

I don't get the bath salts reference

#9 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

That guy is able to come and cut my lawn any day of the week.

Edit - Just to be clear I was talking about the guy in the video, not the skin eating dude..

#10 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

..........im going to kill you.........

#11 Posted by Marcsman (3202 posts) -

@Hizang said:

That guy is able to come and cut my lawn any day of the week.

Edit - Just to be clear I was talking about the guy in the video, not the skin eating dude..

Touche brother. Carly Rae can come wash my Mustang any day of the wee4k.

#12 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@Marcsman said:

Carly Rae can come wash my Mustang any day of the wee4k.

#13 Posted by gtg12 (67 posts) -

Good song and thought the ending to the video was funny too.

#14 Posted by Bane (411 posts) -

I thought you were going to post something about this song:

#15 Posted by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -

Oh Mc Chris, you so crazy.

#16 Posted by Bollard (5568 posts) -

I find it interesting that that song came out in 2013.

#17 Edited by Marcsman (3202 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

I find it interesting that that song came out in 2013.

Of course man. Don't you know she is really Justin Beiber after the sex change.

#18 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Fuck dammit I hate this song and all it represents about the music industry and life in general. I hate it so much that I can't even get into the joke.

#19 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Apparently this was a supposed to be a folk song.  Its weird because she wrote this song in a city thats right beside Vancouver.  Also, this song+the Roots=amazing 

#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

What a coincidence, me and the duders have been singing this on our GB voice server for two days! 

Hey, I just fucked you 
And this is crazy 
So erase my number 
And keep the baby. 

#21 Posted by Castiel (2618 posts) -

@Bocam said:

#22 Posted by JacDG (2126 posts) -
#23 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Good satire, but the original is one of the worst things I've ever heard (can't even call it a song in right conscience)

#24 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Not funny

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

@Castiel said:

@Bocam said:

Which is why I provided references for the joke.

#26 Posted by DBagalot (159 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Castiel said:

@Bocam said:

The man who ate the other man's face, was supposedly on bath salts.

Also,

@Tylea002 said:

Fuck dammit I hate this song and all it represents about the music industry and life in general. I hate it so much that I can't even get into the joke.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19347 posts) -

Can't have a thread about bath salts without this!

#28 Posted by cloudnineboya (822 posts) -

shiit now i cant stop singing in my heed.

Before you came into my life

I was so hungry

i ate a monkey

i was really fuckin hungry

#29 Posted by DaveC524 (86 posts) -

American music is awful.

#30 Posted by Milkman (16810 posts) -
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
Apparently this was a supposed to be a folk song.  Its weird because she wrote this song in a city thats right beside Vancouver.  Also, this song+the Roots=amazing 

I'm really not a fan of the actual song but this is amazing. 
#31 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -

I fucking love MC Chris.

This only reinforces that love.

#32 Posted by Milkman (16810 posts) -
@Tylea002 said:

Why?
#33 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

@DaveC524 said:

American music is awful.

You mean Canadian.

#34 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Tylea002 said:

Why?

Because it's so bad. It's so super bad, and unlike say, Cee Lo Green's Fuck You, which tapped into a very human and universal emotion, it taps into emotionless wish fulfilment because that's commercial. Rubs me up the wrong way, this song does.

#35 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

@Donkeycow said:

@DaveC524 said:

American music is awful.

You mean Canadian.

Indeed. Celine Dion, Nickleback need I go on? *shudder*

#36 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@habster3 said:

Good satire, but the original is one of the worst things I've ever heard (can't even call it a song in right conscience)

Why?

#37 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Is it wrong that I kind of actually enjoy the original? I mean, I know I shouldn't by my very nature (hate most pop music, hate how stuff gets dumbed down by repeats on radio) but against all odds I think it's alright. How strange it is.

Anyway, I give my props to the bath salts parody, because that made me laugh pretty damn hard.

#38 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@habster3 said:

Why?

Why not? It's your typical overplayed, extremely repetitive, lyrically idiotic pop song that gets stuck in your head and won't leave you alone, resulting in you begging for mercy in the living room corner and screaming out all sorts of unholy oaths (well, that's the way I react).

#39 Posted by NME (46 posts) -

So, this is both a song about being a zombie and becoming a zombie after doing bath salts.

Forget it. I'm not going to get into a whole deal about it. No one should care that much about zombie satire and/or Carly Rae Gypsum.

#40 Edited by Milkman (16810 posts) -
@Tylea002 said:

@Milkman said:

@Tylea002 said:

Why?

Because it's so bad. It's so super bad, and unlike say, Cee Lo Green's Fuck You, which tapped into a very human and universal emotion, it taps into emotionless wish fulfilment because that's commercial. Rubs me up the wrong way, this song does.

It's just pop music. There are thousands of songs just like this released all the time and have been for decades. Like I said, I'm not a fan of this song (though after seeing that Jimmy Fallon video I'm coming around a little) but is Call Me Maybe really all that different from I Wanna Your Hand by The Beatles? It's fine to not like it but it seems silly to get so fixated and angry about a harmless pop song. It's the same thing I feel towards people who "hate" Justin Bieber. It just seems like negativity that doesn't need to exist. 
#41 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

So this is a thing that's happening now.

#42 Edited by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

It's so fun watching nerds get mad at pop songs.

Don't worry, you'll grow out of this phase one day.

#43 Edited by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

Apparently this was a supposed to be a folk song. Its weird because she wrote this song in a city thats right beside Vancouver. Also, this song+the Roots=amazing

There's nothing about that I didn't like. Pop music has a place, it just needs to be handled by intelligent competent people.

@Meowshi said:

It's so fun watching nerds get mad at pop songs.

Don't worry, you'll grow out of this phase one day.

PFFT, no they won't. That hatred will only grow hotter and deeper within them until it one day threatens to consume them. That or...until their kids get all up in their face for being uncool.

#44 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Tylea002 said:

@Milkman said:

@Tylea002 said:

Why?

It's just pop music. There are thousands of songs just like this released all the time and have been for decades. Like I said, I'm not a fan of this song (though after seeing that Jimmy Fallon video I'm coming around a little) but is Call Me Maybe really all that different from I Wanna Your Hand by The Beatles? It's fine to not like it but it seems silly to get so fixated and angry about a harmless pop song. It's the same thing I feel towards people who "hate" Justin Bieber. It just seems like negativity that doesn't need to exist.

Oh don't worry, it's definitely silly, a big old personality flaw of mine is getting angrily fixated, and I'm more annoyed that pop music could come from emotional places but doesn't, and this is a bad song that represents that for me.

It's not my most hated song of the moment though. That's Pitbull's MIB3 one.

#45 Posted by JacDG (2126 posts) -

Because everything needs to be deep, creative and full of meaning, otherwise it is shit. It's a lighthearted, catchy song shouldn't offend anyone, grow up.

#46 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Donkeycow said:

@DaveC524 said:

American music is awful.

You mean Canadian.

Indeed. Celine Dion, Nickleback need I go on? *shudder*

Surprisingly some good music comes out of the Great White North as well, just very little of it makes it down to the States.

#47 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Castiel said:

@Bocam said:

So bath salts are LSD? Still don't get it.

#48 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

I like musical satire, but parodies of existing songs are just lazy and way too easy.

#49 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

@Funzzo: That article was the best article for the OP to cite as most news sources blamed bath salts.

Also great parody.

#50 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

I was going to joke around calling the OP an asshole for getting that song stuck in my head again for the third time since E3 but you guys ruined it by getting all serious and shit.