• 59 results
Posted by Rorie (2986 posts) -

This Saturday and Sunday Giant Bomb and GameSpot will be taking part in an (almost) 24-hour marathon to benefit Operation Supply Drop. You can find more information on the charity here and our team page is here if you want to donate early. Big thanks to Kurt Meyers, Matt Pascual, and Nathan Hawkins for giving so far, and a big big thanks for the $200 coming from an anonymous donor!

lazy saturday well join me and play some games

We’ll be streaming starting Saturday morning at 9 AM PST and continuing through Sunday morning at 9 AM. I’ll be anchoring the morning shift from 9 AM to 8 PM Saturday, so come by and sit a spell; we’ll be broadcasting through my personal twitch channel into giantbomb.com/chat. I’m still trying to work though what we’ll be doing, but I’ve been installing some games on the streaming machine here at the office. One of my bright ideas is to try and do a bit of a choose-our-own-adventure in NWN2: Mask Of The Betrayer and let people in chat vote on major plot moments. Team up with everyone we meet, or eat their souls? I have a feeling we all know what the answer will be.

Other options include lookin’ at some pup videos, scouring my Steam library for games I’m close to the end of, hopping into some free-to-play randomness, buying a bunch of Hearthstone card packs and seeing what we get before playing some games, and anything else we feel like doing for 11 straight hours. It’ll be a glorifying hour of witness.

Also, I’ll be giving some stuff away! Some of it will be pretty random: old games that I no longer want or know that I’ll never finish, premium membership extensions, and so on. But one thing to note is that I’m pretty sure we have some of those signed Nighthawks posters around, so I’ll definitely try to give away a few of those during the stream. And maybe if I feel stupid I’ll give away my old HDTV! It’s been sitting in the corner of my room for like a year now without any clear purpose to it.

i approve of this stream from my prison of wood

I’ll sign off around 8 PM, but Danny O’Dwyer will start everything back up at 9 PM. I hear that he’ll have a few friends joining him (Alexis for sure and I forget who else!), and they’ll keep the insanity going all night long in the chatroom. So tune in for him and give him a bunch of your money! Or give it to me! Or give it to our charity page! I mean heck, these guys even give stuff to pups!

#1 Edited by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
#2 Edited by fisk0 (4463 posts) -

That NWN 2 stuff could get really interesting. Looking forward to this, even though I don't think I'll be able to follow the entire duration of the stream.

#3 Posted by PimblyCharles (1632 posts) -

Like some duder on Twitter asked, I'd love to see you play some Alpha Protocol. Freaking love that game (seriously).

Looking forward to this and it's for the pups.

#4 Posted by ShaggE (6690 posts) -

Ooh, fun! hashtagforthepups

#5 Posted by Zornack (200 posts) -

Will tune in for them pups.

#6 Posted by coribald (314 posts) -

These are always the best. I demand some Drew + Alexis Haloing.

#7 Posted by Nightriff (5325 posts) -

I will have to check this out if its archived, just can't watch things live anymore and it depresses me.

#8 Edited by robin_smith (99 posts) -

my donation page only managed $10 from one person so far. and I'm doing at least 24 hours. It's the cute puppies isnt it. Damn you Rorie! *wiggles fist*

#9 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1681 posts) -

Pretty psyched to see the random PC game style steam-library scouring. Definitely tuning in!

EDIT: Your team image warrants a donation alone.

#10 Posted by Hassun (1819 posts) -

I won't be able to follow the whole thing but I hope you and Danny do well.

#11 Posted by nomtank (130 posts) -

Seeing Rorie play Alpha Protocol would be pretty great, actually. Didn't someone on the Giant Bomb Staff work on that game?

#12 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

Do you have your adult diapers picked out?

#13 Edited by Jay_Ray (1127 posts) -

This gains my approval for awesomeness.

#14 Posted by Abendlaender (2887 posts) -

Well, I'm sick and I literally don't have anything better to do so I'm in!

Man I haven't played MotB in a long, long time and I always played as a pure Paladin. This could be fun.

#15 Edited by Superfriend (1584 posts) -

NWN is a great idea! Didn´t you work on that one?

Anyway, I think GB needs more hardcore PC-roleplaying streams with community interaction.

#16 Posted by Ford_Dent (346 posts) -

I definitely vote for NWN 2 action. That game is absolutely gorgeous.

#17 Posted by Abendlaender (2887 posts) -

@rorie any plans for doing something with multiplayer? Just so I could potentially download a game in advance :D

#18 Edited by Rorie (2986 posts) -

@abendlaender: Possibly, but I haven't really played much multiplayer recently. Maybe dip into some Diablo III or something.

#19 Posted by flameboy84 (236 posts) -

I'll defo be tuning in on and off through out the weekend. Will try to donate something will look how funds look come the weekend.

#20 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12102 posts) -

Not Storm of Zehir, the game you actually helped work on? Ok, actually that probably wouldn't make for great viewing, being combat focused and all.

I played Mask of the Betrayer for the first time last year and it was pretty awesome, a lot smarter and better written than the vanilla NWN2 campaign. Also you can eat the soul of a bear god and then use its body as a housing for a bunch of insane evil spirits!

#21 Edited by James_Hayward (477 posts) -

I'm in and will be donating !

#22 Posted by csl316 (9413 posts) -

I'm down for charity AND streaming!

#23 Posted by Yummylee (22506 posts) -

So... Random PC Games you say? With Rorie to boot? Sure, that sounds alright.

#24 Posted by me3639 (1849 posts) -

More Rorie has never been a bad thing + PC PC PC.

Fattony12000: What the hell, i have NEVER seen, nor heard of Half Life Generations? Where did that come from?

#25 Posted by Solh0und (1846 posts) -

Man, why do these things happen on days I actually work? -_-

Hope you guys put up a archived version of it!

#26 Posted by development (2613 posts) -

Is it already that time again? The NWN thing sounds cool. I'm down.

#27 Posted by DeadpanCakes (1065 posts) -

Hope there's an archive for this. My grandma's birthday is on that day, and I'll be spending time with the family.

#28 Posted by Corevi (4777 posts) -

I fully support Team Gamebomb.ru.

#29 Posted by behardy (59 posts) -

Made the announcement on the GS forums so more people can know! Link

#30 Posted by hollitz (1609 posts) -

Sounds like a fun time and a cool charity. Would love to see an archive as I probably won't be able to catch all of it.

#31 Posted by Capum15 (4987 posts) -
@coribald said:

These are always the best. I demand some Drew + Alexis Haloing.

They didn't do ODST or 4, right? Because I would watch yet another Halothon.

Looking forward to Saturday, in any case.

#32 Edited by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -

@rorie any plans for doing something with multiplayer? Just so I could potentially download a game in advance :D

Neverwinter Nights is a multiplayer video game (just as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are also). At least, until next month.

@me3639 said:

Fattony12000: What the hell, i have NEVER seen, nor heard of Half Life Generations? Where did that come from?

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Half-Life:_Generation

#33 Posted by Abendlaender (2887 posts) -

@abendlaender said:

Neverwinter Nights is a multiplayer video game (just as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale are also). At least, until next month.

I know but I doubt Rorie will play it as a mp game :P

@me3639 said:

This somehow reminds me of the "Batman Arkham City Goty Edition" Cover.

#34 Posted by Tajasaurus (970 posts) -

@fattony12000: I scrolled by fast and thought that one of those CD's said Shadow Man and got really excited.

#35 Edited by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
@abendlaender said:

@fattony12000 said:
@abendlaender said:

I know but I doubt Rorie will play it as a mp game :P

@me3639 said:

This somehow reminds me of the "Batman Arkham City Goty Edition" Cover.

(I've been pestering @rorie to play a multiplayer game of BG/IWD/NWN with me for about three years now. I will never give up, never surrender.)

And, even more stupidly, if you'd cared to take a look at the staggering amount of questions asked on my website, you would learnt about Generation like a year ago. YOUR LOSS, DUDER.

http://www.heightofthegame.com/tagged/ama

@tajasaurus said:

@fattony12000: I scrolled by fast and thought that one of those CD's said Shadow Man and got really excited.

How do you know that Shadow Man isn't on one of those fine Packard Bell CD-ROMs? Huh? Huh!? Yeah, that's right.

#36 Edited by tbk (122 posts) -

@rorie Hmm maybe up use the console to up the party member size in MASK OF THE BETRAYER?

#37 Posted by LiquidPrince (16155 posts) -

I work all day Saturday so fooey. I'll hopefully catch some of it when it bleeds into Sunday.

#38 Posted by Matt (968 posts) -

I am a fan of gaming marathons for charity!

#39 Posted by rmanthorp (4052 posts) -

@matt: I can confirm this.

#40 Posted by Forcen (1854 posts) -

You should add this to the "Coming up on giant bomb" thing. Untill then here is the fixed time for the event and a countdown.

#41 Posted by Y2Ken (1273 posts) -

Can't wait. I love a good charity marathon.

#42 Posted by AMyggen (3626 posts) -

@rorie: Do you know if this will be archived on the site? I won't be able to watch most of it live, and the Twitch archive is such a pain in the ass. Really want to watch this madness!

#43 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

I will definitely join you!

#44 Posted by Stonyman65 (2868 posts) -

Outstanding!

#45 Posted by ripelivejam (4824 posts) -

Fine and dandy like sour candy!

#46 Posted by Jimbo7676 (722 posts) -

I'll be there for the pups.

#47 Edited by pocketpope42069 (2 posts) -

NWN2 chat your own adventure sounds dope as heck

The US military is probably the single entity on the entire planet least in need of charity, though. Why a SUPPORT OUR TROOPS charity?

#48 Posted by Rorie (2986 posts) -

@amyggen: I don't know! We'll be streaming it through my twitch channel, and I don't know how to archive from there. So unless Twitch does it automatically there may not be an archive.

#49 Posted by Rorie (2986 posts) -

@tbk: I doubt I'd up the party size but I do intend to max out the spirit meter at all times. I hated dealing with that thing.