Hi, My Name is Drew, and I'm Eating Taco Bell Every Day. UPDATED Nov 4

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By FranticRain

As you may or may not know, Taco Bell is currently running a campaign where if you buy a "Big Box" you can win a Destiny Branded PS4 and other goodies.

PS4(TM) Stand Sold Separately
PS4(TM) Stand Sold Separately

I only heard about it over the weekend, so starting on Monday October 13th, I decided to buy a Big Box every day until I won, or until the contest was over.

So let's start by saying that eating Taco Bell every day is not something I recommend. It hasn't done anything to my bowels yet, but my stomach sure lets me know that it isn't a great idea.

I would say the boxes are of a middling size.
I would say the boxes are of a middling size.

As you might notice in the image, one of those boxes isn't Destiny branded! Thats because my local Taco Bell ran out of boxes and had to give me an IOU on a box. So I missed out on today's chance. Needless to say, I haven't won yet. But my hopes are still high!

So here is my review of the items included in these "Big" "Boxes."

• Crunchy Taco - The old standby. Still tastes like it always does.
  • Doritos Locos Tacos - I don't love Doritos, but its okay if you like salty chips.
  • Quesarito - Its not great. Rice in a burrito? Who are you kidding.
  • Cheesy Gordita Crunch - Oh man, this thing is pretty great. I highly recommend it.
  • Burrito Supreme - Not even the promotional images for this thing look good.

Now note that there are multiple Big Boxes. A Big Box only contains three of those items, and unfortunately you don't get to pick and choose.

I'll update you all again tomorrow! Hopefully I can win a PS4!

UPDATE: Thursday October 16th

Still going strong. Got my two box haul, thanks to yesterday. No win today. I'm going to start trying to enter at more uncommon times to get a better chance at a prize. Since I wanted to use one of them today, I did it at about 4:26 PM Central. I'm looking to do my Friday entry at about 2 or 3 Central. See you guys tomorrow!

No Caption Provided

UPDATE: Friday October 17th

I entered at about 1AM this morning. Nothing yet. I think more of a 5AM would be a better chance, so I'm going to do that tomorrow. On a housekeeping note, I think I'm going to avoid Taco Bell on Saturday and Sunday, for multiple reasons, but mostly for my own sanity. I'll pick it back up on Monday. Every weekday, here we go. Enclosed is a picture of all of the boxes from this week.

No Caption Provided

Links to updates go here:

October 20th

October 21st

October 22nd

October 23rd

October 24th

October 27th

October 28th

October 29th

October 30th

November 1st

November 3rd

November 4th

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I would love to know if these campaigns are real or scams. I always hear about giveaways, I never hear about people actually winning. Good luck to you man!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

Godspeed Drew. Thats a heavy sacrifice for Destiny, but at least the PS4 will be worth it. As a fellow white PS4 owner I salute you and hope you will join our ranks before an abrupt Taco Bell related death.

EDIT: OF course you could also simply set aside the dollar amount of what a Big Box costs every day and put that towards a PS4 fund.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This doesn't seem like the most sound of strategems.

Can I ask how much these things cost so i can work out how many of these equate to just buying a ps4?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I wish I could do the same and get away with it, but my body would kill itself! I love Quesaritos and how Taco Bell can make 20 different, but same tasting, menu items out of the same three ingredients. Good luck!

...I think I will go to Taco Bell tonight...

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DannyHibiki

I have hope for the future that you can finish the fight and become legend, Drew.

Also, the MSRP is $5 US.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS4 is a lot cheaper than your future doctor's bill. Just my 2 cents.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have hope for the future that you can finish the fight and become legend, Drew.

Also, the MSRP is $5 US.

Well then if he can get a PS4 before 2 months are up he's still ahead of the game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i won't lie, i saw the name Drew and hoped it had come from @drewbert. i already miss the guy and it's only three weeks. :(

also RIP to your everything :( :(

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It might just be perverted ol' me, but that "big box" box logo really looks like 4 different sized muti-ethnic breasts.

That is all.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Rice belongs in burritos.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had Taco Bell before, but it does not sound pleasant based on what I've heard from pretty much anyone who eats it. Good luck. I hope you don't wind up in the hospital on your quest to get your PS4.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Since the price bundle includes a PS4 Destiny bundle and 2 digital copies of the game on top of that, the MSRP is about 560 USD. Thankfully, I can enter digitally without purchase starting November 6th, so I just have to make it from now until then.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Since the price bundle includes a PS4 Destiny bundle and 2 digital copies of the game on top of that, the MSRP is about 560 USD. Thankfully, I can enter digitally without purchase starting November 6th, so I just have to make it from now until then.

Make it? You'll be dining on Taco Bell, the finest fast food on Earth and Dan Ryckerts personal choice of sustenance. You will be living the life!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I would do this too just so I have an excuse to eat crap everyday.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I wouldn't recommend anyone eat only Taco Bell, ever, unless you have a doctor around to monitor the harmful affects you are putting on your body.

There was a really good documentary that Morgan Spurlock did about McDonalds (Supersize me) which I recommend people watch. It can be enlightening, but the important thing about this documentary in the case of this thread is how dangerous it was on his health.

While McDonalds did change a lot about how they make food since then, I still wouldn't recommend anyone eat fast food only on a regular basis- especially Taco Bell. There's little to no nutritional value in doing so and again if you intend to do this for a overly long period of time I would recommend seeing a doctor. It could have serious long term effects you'll never recover from (which are explained in that documentary I mentioned earlier).

I'm no saint. I eat out from time to time myself, and I love fast food (my personal favorite is Arby's which is probably worse for you than Taco Bell, but not by much). I won't get into the controversial things they've done or the problems they had with the FDA (on multiple occasions). I just advocate moderation. You may not realize it, but fast food can actually kill you.

Good luck on getting your prize.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: I absolutely understand what you are saying. But otherwise I would probably be eating Soylent. Its only for about 3 weeks, and then fully intend to take a break. Its not my sole source of sustenance since you can only enter once a day. Don't worry. I've been exercising and taking care of myself in all other aspects. This post is not intended to be medical in any way. My hope is that people will enjoy my young stupidity at eating WAY too much Taco Bell for a slim chance at a PS4 for comedic purposes.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hook, line, and sinker.

If I had to eat Taco Bell everyday, I'd go outside and eat dirt instead. Your tolerance for Taco Bell must be at a legendary level.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelp, I'm sure there's absolutely no way this could go awry.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@franticrain: I understand. I just felt it was important to express why it's bad. Other commenters here didn't really explain that when expressing their distaste for the concept and it's important to know in case someone doesn't (you never know who is reading).

So, I was just hoping more than anything to be a word of caution- to anyone reading.

Seriously, good luck on getting your prize. =)

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had high hopes for the queserito but boy did it disappoint

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think it'd be more financially and medically beneficial to just go buy the PS4. Because you could get through 30 days, spent $150 and have nothing but diarrhea. So, maybe just go buy the PS4? Good luck!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waitaminute... if YOU'RE Drew, then who is the impostor what's been working at the Giant Bombs and playing the Metal Gears!?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@shagge said:

Waitaminute... if YOU'RE Drew, then who is the impostor what's been working at the Giant Bombs and playing the Metal Gears!?

Liquid Drew

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Liquid Drew

LIQUID!!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I don't envy you. Taco Bell has never been my restaurant of choice. Also, you should start eating a Big Box for breakfast, lunch, dinner, & fourthmeal.

reverendk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

EDIT: OF course you could also simply set aside the dollar amount of what a Big Box costs every day and put that towards a PS4 fund.

Yeah sure, and I bet you think he should jog too.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones8677: @franticrain: I won a PS2 and a TV from KFC, so at least you know you can trust them. Keep at it duder, and you too can live the dream.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Corevi

Good luck and godspeed in your quest duder. May you be showered with gifts and praise upon your success.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By koolaid

Think I'll get Taco Bell for dinner, sit alone in my car, and listen to the bombcast!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sanity

I would totally do this if the nearest Taco Bell wasn't 45 minutes away, its for the best though.... i think

Good Luck!

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh..I'm also eating Taco Bell every day...not on purpose.....

....shit....

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to know if these campaigns are real or scams. I always hear about giveaways, I never hear about people actually winning. Good luck to you man!

I won two giveaways in my life. The first time I won a GameCube, and the second time I won a bed. The trick to winning is to believe very hard.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drew scanlon's reward for doing a huge 5k obstacle course run: eat some crappy taco bell

my reward for living through another day without my arteries slamming shut: eat some crappy taco bell

i think a reevaluation is in order....

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh..I'm also eating Taco Bell every day...not on purpose.....

....shit....

Rofl!

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ProfessorEss

@shagge said:

That phony? He'd never have the sack to pull something like this off ;)

PS: @franticrain How much does a big box in your area cost?

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait, is rice in a burrito that incomprehensible!?

Also, good luck, you've a stomach stronger than my own.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@franticrain: This is a pretty interesting thread, good luck both in terms of your health and winning it! Gorditas/Chalupas have always been the one consistently good thing from Taco Bell.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Don't do this

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: The base cost of a Big Box is $5. With tax it is $5.36. The estimated retail value of the "prize pack" is $569.97. It would take 106 Big Boxes to overrun the cost of the bundle.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GalacticPunt

So the contents of the Big Box are randomized?

You're exchanging money for random junk food, in hopes that a rare PS4 will drop? This is perfectly in the spirit of Destiny!

Paul McCartney should play you a triumphant song when you're on the toilet.

MeAuntieNora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had a friend who won an early 360 with Most Wanted by drinking tons of Mountain Dew... So I know the dream is real.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rice in a burrito isn't inherently bad, but when you're talking Taco Bell it suddenly becomes a crime against taste buds.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

It might just be perverted ol' me, but that "big box" box logo really looks like 4 different sized muti-ethnic breasts.

That is all.

That, or 4 resevoir tips

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticpunt: No, there are just multiple big boxes, so I reviewed the contents of multiple big boxes.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That thread title gave me all kinds of shivers