Hi, My Name is Drew, and I'm Eating Taco Bell Every Day. UPDATED Nov 4

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@zolroyce: Good question. No one has asked yet. However, I will shake my fist at the gods for having made me eat so many Burrito Supremes, but other than that, I'll remember it fondly. And it will also be a good story for dinner parties.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#252  Edited By Renahzor

This thread is great.

As a side note, all of these contests are no purchase necessary (would be a lottery otherwise and not a give-away). You can get a code from a website instead of enduring a burrito supreme every day, but that probably requires you to physically mail something or some shit, and this is way more entertaining.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renahzor: Yeah. The turn around on the mail codes is awful, so its way more fun to eat the Taco Bell until the online code rolls around on the 6th.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

spasticanomaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By FranticRain
No Caption Provided

It's another Taco Bell night run! The service was quite substandard and took forever, so I finally realized: I've gotten a survey code every time I've gone to T-Bell. That's 500 dollars cash. So I'm going to fill that out, and maybe I'll end up winning with that instead. The would be such a twist of cruel irony. I can definitely say that Taco Bell is no longer sitting well with me. I can most certainly tell you that I would at this point prefer a soft taco and non Doritos Gordita in the box. And let us not speak of the chemical warfare outlawed by the Geneva convention that is the Burrito Supreme. But there are only 3 days of my journey remaining before the online code arrives. I can make it!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@franticrain: I'm glad you're still alive.

Have you checked with your doctor? Ya know, just get yourself checked out... I guess that may make more sense right after the challenge, but man, I'm kind of in awe that your health hasn't already gone downhill during this mad ride into hell.

Good luck getting the PS4!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you don't get the PS4 you should flatten all those big boxes and send them to Adam Boyes along with a link to this thread.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I linked the thread to Adam Boyes on the first day. I like to imagine he has been checking up.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the most hilarious thread I've ever seen on a website ever

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By FranticRain
No Caption Provided

Hey everybody! I missed out yesterday thanks to Halloween, so I decided to round this out with a Saturday bit of the T to the Bell. I'm glad that this nightmare is 2 days away from its ultimate conclusion. I was out doing some morning chores with my Dad, which eventually led into lunch time, which led to me getting my Big Box with him in the car. He witnessed my food crimes. The Taco Bell manager lady definitely knows me. It is undeniable. This has gotten out of control. I need to abandon this social interaction, it isn't good for me! I'm so close to completing my epic journey though, so I hope you all stick with me. I'll make sure to weigh in on Wednesday morning so that we can get a proper tally of how this has impacted my weight.

bootski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've only recently signed up here but this has got to be one of the most hilarious threads i've seen. did you do a pre-box weigh-in? i may have missed it in the OP.

mathey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Go with God my son.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bootski: I didn't post my original weight ever, but I did weigh in.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#266  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

The amount of Taco Bell you're consuming is making me hate Taco Bell. And I love Taco Bell. This madness must end!

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By FranticRain

First things first! The weigh in, and the results are... absolutely inconclusive! I weighed in at the exact same weight as I started. 177.7lbs. With this mixture of Taco Bell and Halloween candy, I think I definitely came out on top. But now back to your regularly scheduled Taco Bell.

No Caption Provided

Since today is the second to last day of Taco Bell, I decided I might as well get a cool ranch gordita. This choice led to the most shocking revelation of this entire ordeal. When I received my order and started with the crunchy taco as I usually do, I noticed that it contained sour cream. I quickly checked that I had not gotten the sour cream madness, and in fact there was sour cream on the taco. Perplexed, I opened up my gordita, which traditionally contains sour cream. There was none to be found. But let me tell you. A gordita with no sour cream is next level. If I told you before that it was a 5/5 with sour cream, its a 6/5 without it. I hope you are all ready for tomorrow, the final day of this Taco Bell nightmare! After that I will return and post the online code to this thread, so everyone can try to win a PS4 during that period.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

whoa whoa whoa... your taco bell uses sour cream on the Gordita instead of the Baja sauce?! fuck that!

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I wish there was even one Taco Bell in Finland.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So does the air around you just smell of tacos now?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@vierastalo: No you don't. If you spend the time it takes to go to taco bell, order, and drive back, on cooking some ground beef (which is really the only prep there is to tacos...) and warming up some re-fried beans, you could have a much better quality food at home.

djn3811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I would love to know if these campaigns are real or scams. I always hear about giveaways, I never hear about people actually winning. Good luck to you man!

I actually won a PS4 (with Knack unfortunately) last year during the Taco Bell promotion last year. It just showed up at my house without me knowing it was coming, which was weird. But yeah they seem to be real. I did hear some people saying Taco Bell had to cancel one where they were giving away Vitas like 2 years ago, but I don't know if that was true or not.

Currently trying to win another PS4 from Taco Bell and a XBOX ONE from Mountain Dew and Doritos.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@djn3811 said:
@bones8677 said:

I would love to know if these campaigns are real or scams. I always hear about giveaways, I never hear about people actually winning. Good luck to you man!

I actually won a PS4 (with Knack unfortunately) last year during the Taco Bell promotion last year. It just showed up at my house without me knowing it was coming, which was weird. But yeah they seem to be real. I did hear some people saying Taco Bell had to cancel one where they were giving away Vitas like 2 years ago, but I don't know if that was true or not.

Currently trying to win another PS4 from Taco Bell and a XBOX ONE from Mountain Dew and Doritos.

I work in a place that sometimes does smaller Facebook contests and they do in fact send the gifts out to the actual winners. When they (this is a separate department from mine) were giving away iPads I distinctly remember them having to actually order them first and get proper receipts or whatever so it could be written off later.

It's just a case of "many will enter, few will win"

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By RonGalaxy

This thread should win a Peabody.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By FranticRain
No Caption Provided

ITS OVER. DONE. I did it. I ate 17 days of Taco Bell Big Boxes, entered 19 codes total. Shout out to @thedew and @koolaid for the extra codes. Thanks to the double box situation, I have enclosed a picture of all 18 Big Boxes consumed over the course of the contest. Since this code will be entered on November 5th, my next chance to enter will be on the 6th, when the online code starts working. I will make sure to come back here and post it for all of you so you can have a chance to win too. Unfortunately, my chances of winning are going to go even farther down thanks to the online code, but maybe things will still work out for me! Thanks for all of your support and concern about my health. Enjoy my Taco Bell Taj Mahal.

CaptBurgundy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By CaptBurgundy

fuck yeah

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The online code is available! Either text in the code, or enter it at this site. The code is 3A6NNMH399L

Alek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, you are still alive! I hope you win. Though maybe it isn't that bad for you? I live in Australia and have never had a fast food taco. I assumed that Taco Bell was something like a Mexican-themed McDonald's, but judging by that picture it doesn't seem so bad?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#282  Edited By isomeri

Roll credits, you did it buddy! Thanks for sharing your crazy adventure, it was a fun read.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only open to residents of the USA. Oh well, Canada is too far from the US.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#284  Edited By Corevi
@dwigtk said:

Only open to residents of the USA. Oh well, Canada is too far from the US.

It's more that they don't want to deal with customs.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I sensed a disturbance in the force this morning. Lo and behold, my local Taco Bell closed down today, much to my chagrin. I can only assume that @franticrain is responsible by inflating his Taco Bell's sales to where Yum! Brands deemed the franchise in my area to be comparatively lacking.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Yeah I know. It sucks though, the US has all of the good contests.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity said:

@djn3811 said:
@bones8677 said:

I work in a place that sometimes does smaller Facebook contests and they do in fact send the gifts out to the actual winners. When they (this is a separate department from mine) were giving away iPads I distinctly remember them having to actually order them first and get proper receipts or whatever so it could be written off later.

It's just a case of "many will enter, few will win"

I worked for a Toyota dealership while going to school. They had one contest where they mailed numbers out to a ton of people with the idea that you came in, that number matched up with a key from a board and one of those keys would be for the car on the showroom floor. Yeah, uh, nobody was going to win that car. It was a "marketing ploy" (scam?) to get people in the door. But then again, car dealerships are not the place to go to expecting truth and honesty.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you reached a stage yet where you wanted to stop but felt obligated to continue. Also do you go to the same exact taco bell and do they recognize you already when you come in?

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I reached that point at about the beginning of week 2. It wasn't so much the food, but because I was going to the same Taco Bell over and over again they did actually start to recognize me. And then they knew who I was and what I was doing. And every time I showed up, I knew they were judging me. That was the worst part.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back when the PS4 just came out and Taco Bell was doing this, there were a bunch of people on reddit posting confirmation emails showing they won.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My brother won a 360 in the pre-release contest for the 360. Was that from Taco Bell too? My brother doesn't seem like the Taco Bell type.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franticrain: Yesterday was the last day of the contest did you win?

Loading Video...

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, I did not win. However, a kind duder wishing to pay it forward did provide a happy ending to this saga. He shipped me a PS4 that should arrive on Saturday! Glad I could entertain all of you during this period. Hope to see you all around.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franticrain: may I add this is one of the best communites! Thanks for the entertaining reads, enjoy the PS4.

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow that's awesome. All that Taco Bell paid off...I think

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franticrain: Wow man that's fantastic. Thanks for a glorious odyssey of "terrible decisions" adventure.