• 59 results
#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Hey guys, why not post some hip hop/rap made by musicians from your country? there are always people who aren't as recognized as they should be out there so let's give em a shot! I'm from Australia and here are some

#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

NekuScab league.

#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4183 posts) -

No black hip-hoppers/rappers in Australia? You Aussies are freaks man!!!!!!!!!

#4 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Canada Represent 

This guy comes from my province of British Columbia

Even the hardest songs dont have to contain swear words.  "Tapping on my Fender like a slow car collision."

Too sick.  There are also lots of people that freestyle on the streets where Im from.  That inspired me to freestyle more often and its so much fun once you get better at it
#5 Posted by Molenator85 (224 posts) -

There are so many rappers from West Virginia I don't know where to begin...

#6 Posted by Devil240Z (3350 posts) -

I don't know of any. Actually I bought a CD from a guy on the street once and I really liked it. but I have since forgotten every detail about him or his music.

#7 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

I have a real local guy who just graduated high school last year, he's actually pretty good for his age. I know the singer on the hook far better, though.

Of course, if you look at the tags on that video, you'll see that I'm from Chicago. So, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Common, and Twista.

#8 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4485 posts) -

There's a few rappers from Maryland I can think of, but Substantial is the first that come to mind. He is just kills it each and every time he touches a mic. Fun fact: also has quite a decent fan base in Japan thanks to Nujabes (favorite producer of all time R.I.P.).

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Hilltop Hoods was fucking hilarious, thanks.

#10 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

There are no good local rappers.. There are also no good Danish rappers or Hip Hop artists... Unless of course you're 10 and have no clue what "good" means..

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse
Why?
#12 Posted by Milkman (16779 posts) -
#13 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

Long Island represent

#14 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
@PeasantAbuse
Why?
Everything about that video was funny, also the lyrics.  Sorry, I just didn't like it.
#15 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse
@NekuSakuraba said:
@PeasantAbuse
Why?
Everything about that video was funny, also the lyrics.  Sorry, I just didn't like it.
Just because you didn't like it doesnt mean you have to insult the artist or the people who like them. =/
#16 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

These guys are from the small town where I live: 

#17 Posted by jorojoserojas (258 posts) -

I'm from Houston, which is (was?) a hip-hop hotbed of sorts, but I can't really think of any dudes from here I really liked. I'm not really into southern rappers, though, except for maybe some Ludacris or Outkast. And Outkast barely fits that label.

#18 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

No rap locally (Panhandle region of Texas) but there is plenty of Tejano, Country, and Metal.

#19 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

america - all of them... 

#20 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Yo yo Malmö represent! Ok so he's from Lund originally but he lives here now so screw you guys!

#21 Edited by david3cm (635 posts) -

I'm from Toronto, and Drake is a point of contention, allot of people like him, allot of people hate him. He has made plenty of shit music lately but I think this is a pretty good track, mainly due to phonte being on the track and 9th wonder with the production, but still good I believe.

Im not really very tuned in to the underground or local rap scene so I apologize for not representing looked over artists. But I do believe this to be an overlooked song.

#22 Posted by voltronadactylsaurusrex (69 posts) -

Phil Ade reppin the DMV(DC, Maryland, Viriginia)

STS

Prince EA

Skyzoo

And the list could go on but I will stop it here.

#23 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

Kyprios (Canada):

He also does some slam poetry.

#24 Posted by Vigil (231 posts) -

@Milkman: Enter The Wu-Tang is pure classic. Not a big fan of Jay-Z but the east coast is where its at.

#25 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I'm from the South and southern hip hop can be, sort of, shit.   

I still love the Dirty Dirty though.  

#26 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba
Dude...Where's the Bliss N Eso?!
#27 Posted by CptPanda29 (189 posts) -

Don't normally listen to rap / hip hop, but been getting into Tempz after this song. Really he's grime but rap is basically dead in the UK anyway. (Sure that'll get me a load of flak.)

#28 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose: I didn't understand any of the lyrics but the music is pretty good.
#29 Posted by Vinny_Says (5706 posts) -

@Milkman: not fair!

Check out his channel, he's got good stuff but is forced to spam other videos comments to get more subs. He has skill but lives in a part of Canada where hip hop isn't that popular.

#30 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

We only listen to ROCK and METAL where I'm from!  

I'll leave now. 

#31 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

I'm from the bay area, so a lot of rappers are where I'm from. Here is a lil known guy   

#32 Posted by Imensae (139 posts) -

Rap is certainly not dead in the UK, I'm from Scotland though and there is no rappers up here worth talking about

#33 Posted by Trilogy (2653 posts) -

Best MC from New Orleans imo.
#34 Posted by Hamst3r (4482 posts) -

Ivan Ives from California:

#35 Posted by rflx (576 posts) -

From Denmark:

#36 Edited by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Its set in Maryland, i live in Maryland, im sure its accurate.

#37 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Wiz Khalifa was born in a city about an hour from where I live. Not really proud to admit he's from my state because he's terrible.

#38 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

Well I live in Minnesota so there's Rhymesayers Entertainment  and they're probably my favorite rap record label they have people like Atmosphere and Brother Ali  

#39 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6298 posts) -

Slaine is one of the better local rappers from Boston. It pains me to see the guy struggle to even get a single record out while college rappers like Mac Miller continue to sell. The market just doesn't want hardcore, lyrical hip-hop anymore I guess...

#40 Edited by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

DAMN STRAIGHT 

We also have Cowboy Troy, who has the rare distinction of being mentioned by Jeff on his vyou, so suck it.  

And who could forget Vanilla Ice? 

#41 Edited by Gilsham (293 posts) -

These are all from New Zealand, most of them are quite good (though I guess I'm bias)

Not sure how hip hop Che Fu is but fuck it he is quite good

#42 Posted by BillWhiskey601 (67 posts) -
@jorojoserojas: How is it that OutKast barely fits that label? They're first album is called SouthenPlayalistic.  If you listen to any of there albums pre-Stankonia its about as southern as it gets.  What makes Outkast great is that they brought a southern perspective to hip hop at a time when there really wasn't one.  Kast is a foundation of southern hiphop, not a "barely southern". 
#43 Edited by ClaritySam (594 posts) -

This guy is funny as hell, representing Chepstow, UK!  Might be best to skip to about 1:30, thats where it gets really good.
#44 Posted by ooochoa (42 posts) -

A few of my favorites from America:

Childish Gambino a.k.a. Donald Glover

Das Racist

Earl Sweatshirt

Tyler, the Creator

Earl and Tyler are both from the same group named Odd Future.

#45 Edited by Fattony12000 (7402 posts) -

@ClaritySam said:

This guy is funny as hell, representing Chepstow, UK! Might be best to skip to about 1:30, thats where it gets really good.

Laying down some sick funny verses there! Nice.

Here's some from England...

#46 Posted by McSmunions (582 posts) -

shout out to Lawrence, MA

#47 Edited by AlexW00d (6273 posts) -

There is no rap or hip hop in the UK tbh, it's all bellends MCing over bad dance beats and 'HEVY BASSLINES DAWG'.

There is this guy though.

#48 Edited by Fattony12000 (7402 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

There is no rap or hip hop in the UK tbh, it's all bellends MCing over bad dance beats and 'HEVY BASSLINES DAWG'.

There is this guy though.

Holy fuck.

Him basing a 'rap' focussed around a line from a 1979 Sister Sledge track is more hilarious than you posting a video of a mentally handicapped gentleman. No rap in UK? Pffft.

EDIT

I love his CD player stereo though.

EDIT EDIT

His moves in that second video are off the chain!

#49 Edited by SuperTaylor (8 posts) -

@AlexW00d "There is no rap or hip hop in the UK tbh", you're missing out. Lowkey was already posted in the thread, The Streets were exceptional and although he may fall into your "bellends MCing over bad dance beats" category Scroobius Pip, with or without dan le sac, is producing some good stuff.

EDIT

Well that was a blunder

#50 Edited by Fattony12000 (7402 posts) -

@SuperTaylor said:

@Fattony12000: "There is no rap or hip hop in the UK tbh", you're missing out. Lowkey was already posted in the thread, The Streets were exceptional and although he may fall into your "bellends MCing over bad dance beats" category Scroobius Pip, with or without dan le sac, is producing some good stuff.

I don't think you meant to quote me...