History Channel's Vikings

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sacui

(Before we start, I'm making this thread on my tablet, otherwise I'd Photoshop some pics and make it appear more official.)

Who else watches Vikings? If you don't, you should. Season 2 has three episodes left, sadly. The rest of this post is spoilerz so don't get spoiled.

Some of the latest revelations are...

-Yarl Borg is no longer where he...was

-Floki's attitude toward Ragnar has changed

-Ragnar's ex-wife is now more....important

-King Horik is still a dooshbag

-King Eccbert and some other fat Game of Thrones looking King have joined houses, and forces

-So has Ragnar and Lagertha

What do you want to happen from here?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatking

I've been thinking about giving it a run. I watched part of the pilot. When I went to stream it on my TV via my PS3, I found out it was web only on Hulu. That was pretty much fucking it for me. I don't tend to watch TV shows on my laptop. It seems like an interesting show, and I am fascinated by that culture and time in history, but until I can watch it on my TV with ease, I'll hold off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Amazing show. I didn't see the last couple episodes yet but I'm really looking forward to it.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

I assumed you where a spammer, you should get an avatar.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aegon

Yeah, I was actually thinking of making a thread about this show after the last episode. That was fucking horrible (not quality wise, morality wise).

Ragnar is a monster. But I guess it's a nation / culture of assholes built on taking what you can get from others. Borg deserved to die, but torture is unnecessary.

I read up on the blood eagle and it's sort of a relief that it was most likely never a thing in actual history. Although there were plenty of other horrendous torture methods.

Anyways, I think I might enjoy this more than Game of Thrones. I'm a big fan of the Ice and Fire books, but even though the show does a fine job adapting the series, there's just too much of it to do true justice. With Vikings, I've never read the Sagas so I'm not expecting to see this or that, therefore no disappointment on that front. And I think since it has a smaller cast and scope, it's more focused and is able to achieve a higher quality baseline (directing, cinematography, etc).

That last scene I was just staring horrified with mouth agape.

The Vikings portrayed in this show are despicable disgusting creatures, but they're interesting to watch.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vikings is a great show, i really love it, havent touched the second season yet though.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's great. I only got into it because they record it near where I live.

I can't wait to see what happens with floki, it seems like he's gonna betray ragnar now.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been enjoying it so far. The one thing that kind of bugs me is the huge jumps in time but it's understandable given the story they're trying to tell.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

One of the top 5 best shows on TV right now. I would like the History channel to make more shows. So many great subjects/topics they can make shows on/about.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I watched over half of the first season and loved it, but stopped for some reason. The set design and costumes and all that looked incredible, and I liked learning a bit about the different morals and worldview of the characters. I don't know how accurate it is to real vikings (I know it's the history channel but they fucking air storage wars and call it history) but I really liked the contrasting cultures of the english and vikings.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beefygrandmole: I wouldn't want crazy ass Floki coming after me that's for damn sure.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ares42

I've seen some things about it that made me want to check it out, but being a Norwegian (that also spent a good amount of time studying vikings) I'm afraid it'll just be cringe-worthy for me to watch.

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

I've seen some things about it that made me want to check it out, but being a Norwegian (that also spent a good amount of time studying vikings) I'm afraid it'll just be cringe-worthy for me to watch.

That sounds like even more fun.