Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar
This is an interesting read.

Basically it says:
  • Entering Iraq was unjustified, but what we did for Iraq is positive (no more tyrant, democracy, no more Shi'ites being murdered)
  • multiple international agencies believed that there were WMDs in Iraq
  • Patriot Act thwarted terrorist attacks
  • 9/11 was handled very well
  • Was well liked internationally
  • Bush wasn't best president, maybe not even in the top 50%, but was definitely not the worst president
I agree with pretty much everything Mr. Roberts said. Thoughts?
TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheJadeAngel

My comment to that rubbish is " No Comment "

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Well, I could talk about this forever, but just consider that Truman, now counted among the very best presidents, had the lowest approval rating of all time.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

He avoided being the worst president as soon as he dodged that shoe.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snipzor

Actually if one compares historically and does not read from right-wing editorials, he did a shiat job. Oh, and everyone says "He has protected us since 9/11" clearly forgetting that it had happened on his watch. I just find the whole thing to be complete bullshit. Excuse my language. Just look at the economy, the class warfare, the torture issue, the international scorn, the scapegoating, his entire administration; Cheney included.

Oh, and he was hated internationally. Remember that.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Absurd

Is this related to games?

Edit: Now I look douchier than I normally do.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Bush didn't make the country better in any way. We are in a worse state by far than we were going in. Bad economy, less personal freedoms, yaddayaddayadda . . . I don't think he's the worst ever, but he sure as hell didn't do a lot of good for the nation.

For evidence, I point to the debt clock that needs an extra digit.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Snipzor
Absurd said:
"

Is this related to games?

"
Great point. Mods should deal with that.
TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By TomA

I can't wait for this political stuff to die down,it's so annoying.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snipzor
Arkthemaniac said:
"Bush didn't make the country better in any way. We are in a worse state by far than we were going in. Bad economy, less personal freedoms, yaddayaddayadda . . . I don't think he's the worst ever, but he sure as hell didn't do a lot of good for the nation.
"
Although the piece of paper that acts as the new digit is doing quite well.
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By trulyalive

@ The Patriot Act: Anyone who tries to defend it can die in a fucking fire. No joke.
@ Iraq: Think of the damage long term. We've taken away the only structure they had. Sure, it wasn't democracy, but it was a long term scheme at least. You cannot enforce democracy on another society, they need to learn for themselves.
@Multiple International Agencies: They were just as wrong as Americas National Agencies.
@9/11: I'll give you that.
@ Well liked internationally: No, we thought he was a funny moron, not a decent guy.
@ not being worst: True, but he's close to Nixon, at least...

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snipzor
Bo17 said:
"@ The Patriot Act: Anyone who tries to defend it can die in a fucking fire. No joke.
@ Iraq: Think of the damage long term. We've taken away the only structure they had. Sure, it wasn't democracy, but it was a long term scheme at least. You cannot enforce democracy on another society, they need to learn for themselves.
@Multiple International Agencies: They were just as wrong as Americas National Agencies.
@9/11: I'll give you that.
@ Well liked internationally: No, we thought he was a funny moron, not a decent guy.
@ not being worst: True, but he's close to Nixon, at least..."
Technically Nixon in the first term was excellent with Détente and the Clean Air Act. It was only his second term in which he had gone insane.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Bush didn't make the country better in any way. We are in a worse state by far than we were going in. Bad economy, less personal freedoms, yaddayaddayadda . . . I don't think he's the worst ever, but he sure as hell didn't do a lot of good for the nation.
"
Although the piece of paper that acts as the new digit is doing quite well."
Paper? I thought they hired a contortionist to form himself into a 1 and stand up there on paint scaffolding right next to the numbers.
So much for my ideas.
OldManLollipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By OldManLollipop

George Who?

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I find it hilarious that you guys are blaming the bad economy on Bush. Do you even realize how most of this is a consequence of bad decisions during the Clinton administration regarding banks giving out loans?

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snipzor
Arkthemaniac said:
"Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"
Paper? I thought they hired a contortionist to form himself into a 1 and stand up there on paint scaffolding right next to the numbers.
So much for my ideas.
"
Costs too much money. Think of the wages, think of the children. WHY WON'T YOU PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Claude

I always believed we needed a strong presence in the Middle East. I left the Navy in '88 and wanted to reup when the war with Iraq broke out in '91. In the end, my wife talked me out of it. No one asked for 9/11, republican or democrat, but who was to blame...? The ones who did it, it's that simple. President Bush will not be known as the worst president. Too much was out of his hands and the bureaucracy is always in control.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Gunner
TomA said:
"I can't wait for this political stuff to die down,it's so annoying."
Then ignore them, no one is forcing you to post in these threads or even read them.

I didnt read the artical but from your bullet points, half of what it said is completely wrong. 9/11 was not handled well, automatically going up and arms against some phantom in the desert isnt what i call "handling the situation". The patriot act is the biggest thread to human rights in the history of the united states and it did little to thward the terrorists activities and i dont know about you, but from all the "lets go after terrorists in one country by randomly launching missles into mountains killin ginnocent people then invade another country who did absolutely nothing to us because we have a hunch that they might have nuclear weapons" isnt exactly something other nations like.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"
So much for my ideas.
"
Costs too much money. Think of the wages, think of the children. WHY WON'T YOU PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!"
FUCK YOUR CHILDREN.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snipzor
AndrewGaspar said:
"I find it hilarious that you guys are blaming the bad economy on Bush. Do you even realize how most of this is a consequence of bad decisions during the Clinton administration regarding banks giving out loans?"
No, and I will place shame on you for the entire blame on Clinton, instead of Reagan/Bush Sr/Clinton/Bush Jr. In which the most damage was done by Reagan, then Bush Jr, then Bush Sr, then Clinton.
Don't spread a talking point that was disproved years ago. Especially in which those three republicans were the ones who had deregulated the market the most. Not forgetting that 70% of the debt was caused by those three republicans.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snipzor
Arkthemaniac said:
"Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Snipzor said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"
So much for my ideas.
"
Costs too much money. Think of the wages, think of the children. WHY WON'T YOU PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!"
FUCK YOUR CHILDREN.

"
Luckily, I don't intend to have children.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By Gunner
AndrewGaspar said:
"I find it hilarious that you guys are blaming the bad economy on Bush. Do you even realize how most of this is a consequence of bad decisions during the Clinton administration regarding banks giving out loans?"
Yeah thats why Clinton left office with a surplus right?
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Discorsi

All I will say is OP must be really really really really optimistic.

KingGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KingGeorge

Fuck politics. Is this a gaming website or the CNN.com forums? I've got some gaming to do...

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arkthemaniac
AndrewGaspar said:
Well, technically all of our financial problems can be blamed on one person. Wanna know who he is?
1. Get up.
2. Go to your bathroom.
3. Look at your mirror.
4. Mystery solved.

It was a culmination of people spending money they didn't have and banks taking this money and putting it in stocks. The money stopped coming, the entire infastructure fell out.

Greed, ladies and gentlemen. It was greed.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Gunner said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
Yeah thats why Clinton left office with a surplus right?
"

Let me get this straight... somehow a government surplus is a good thing?

Let me explain this to you:
  • Clinton says: "You banks better start giving loans to more minorities and lower income families."
  • Banks: "Ok..."
  • Ten years pass
  • Debtors: "BWAAAAH! Can't pay back loan!"
  • Clinton laughs at Bush in corner.

Besides, you didn't read the article, so don't comment.

Let's make this clear: I never said Bush was one of the better Presidents. There's no way he was the worst, though.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AndrewGaspar
Arkthemaniac said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
Well, technically all of our financial problems can be blamed on one person. Wanna know who he is?
1. Get up.
2. Go to your bathroom.
3. Look at your mirror.
4. Mystery solved.

It was a culmination of people spending money they didn't have and banks taking this money and putting it in stocks. The money stopped coming, the entire infastructure fell out.

"
Yes, but Clinton basically encouraged this when he passed a bill forcing banks to loan money to low income families.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By jakob187
Snipzor said:
"Oh, and everyone says "He has protected us since 9/11" clearly forgetting that it had happened on his watch. I just find the whole thing to be complete bullshit."
......right, it happened on his watch...after all the signs and threats were IGNORED by Clinton.  L2research?  Moreover, airport security was NOWHERE near what it is today, and in turn, we have had seven years of threats against America from al Qaeda and other organizations...and how many attacks against US?  No, they went elsewhere, like Madrid...where security is horrible.

Look, I don't agree with a ton of shit that Bush Jr. put into effect, but at the same time, I understand why he did.  Moreover, name another President in history that went through NEARLY as much bad shit as Bush Jr. did.

9/11
Hurricane Katrina
Hurricane Ike
California wildfires
War overseas that unseated a tyrannical leader
U.N.'s failure to recognize most threatening countries as a threat

Frankly, the dood had a FUCKLOAD on his plate, so to say that he did a bad job is a bit harsh for any American to say.  No one else could've acted any better under that amount of stress.  I believe that BoG said it best:

BoG said:
"Well, I could talk about this forever, but just consider that Truman, now counted among the very best presidents, had the lowest approval rating of all time."
Approval ratings don't mean shit.  Most Americans don't know what the fuck they want, which is why America is now less of a "country run by the people, for the people" as it is a government that filters what the people want through it before decisions are made.  Even then, people want health care...but they also don't want their taxes to go up over universal health care.  They want their wages to go up, but they don't want it to make the rich man's pockets fatter.  They want peace, but then want Osama's head on a platter.

AMERICANS DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY WANT!!!  Therefore, they are highly incapable of running a country under the standards that were set up long ago.

As much as I hate to say it...while the Constitution is a great piece of paper, it is something that is hard to apply to today's modern times.  Back then, we were a nation raping and pillaging from the Native Americans, much like the Vikings were raping and pillaging much of Europe at one time.  Eventually, we decided to pay some form of penance by being a melting pot, and in turn, that melting pot became what we are today:  a bunch of fucking idiots that can't decide one way or the other.  Hell, we have to divide politics into PARTIES to vote for the best person!!!  REALLY?!  In Native tribes, a man was put in the leadership position because of his accomplishments and wisdom throughout his life.  We, as Americans, say we hold onto that form of value:  picking the best man.  The problem is that our human nature is also defined by greed.  We are incapable of actually picking the best man because we have our own personal agendas.  In turn, that prevents the WHOLE gaining at all and instead focusing on a PART of the whole.

Getting off the social theory for a moment and getting back to Bush Jr., the dood wasn't a great President.  We all know that.  Was he the worst President?  Quote off the national deficit all you want and claim that it's nothing compared to Clinton's deficit at the time.  Clinton also didn't have a terrorist attack that had Americans calling out for cold foreign blood.  He also had the benefit of Reaganomics FINALLY kicking in like was originally planned, as well as the .com boom.  You can quote off all the stupid shit that Bush Jr. said in speeches.  How about you go look up Carter's speeches?  What about Truman?  Hell, look up FDR and JFK!!!  There isn't a President in history that hasn't provided stupid speeches where they said stupid shit.  That's what happens when they are asked a question on-the-fly and expected to give a SOLUTION ASAP.

So anyone that wants to lay some shit on Bush Jr.'s shoulders, go for it.  If that's what it takes to let you sleep at night, knock yourself out.  I didn't hear anything about an impeachment.  Did you?  I didn't hear anyone trying to STOP him.  Did you?  Oh, sure, I heard people whining and bitching a lot...but whining and bitching happens everyday on The View also, people.  Therefore, if you want to keep whining and bitching to herald the new dood, knock...yourself...out.  Just remember who the country is REALLY supposed to belong to and how you gave that away for some Twinkies, a TV, and a nice big chunk of oblivious.  -_-
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Of course a surplus is a good thing. Why wouldn't it be?

Also, your blaming the financial crisis on a president who was in office for eight years. During those eight years, the economy was great. You might not have been, but I was there; I remember. Bush was president for another eight years. After he started with that stupid war, gas prices spiked and the economy went to shit. I dunno how he was re-elected (actually, I do). And if your right, if Clinton was doing something that was going to fuck up the economy, Bush had more than enough time to reverse some of the damage. Instead, he made it worse with his expensive military campaigns and tax cuts.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince
Fr0Br0 said:
"He avoided being the worst president as soon as he dodged that shoe."
Ironically, I was thinking that too. You can tell he was too, because if you look at the video, you see how pleased he is with him self.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Arkthemaniac
jakob187 said:
AMERICANS DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY WANT!!!  Therefore, they are highly incapable of running a country under the standards that were set up long ago.
Call me crazy, but if a people are incapable of running a country themselves, especially when the country is founded upon the principle "by the people, for the people", you gotta change something.
Here's my rundown on the situation. Let me clarify that I think I'm sound of mind.

Government is a living being. It's alive because it is made up of living parts. Any living being will focus foremost on survival. Government is primitive and instinctual like that. So, saying a government is "By the people, for the people" is oxymoronic. If it's by the people, it will be alive, and will serve itself. An individual was not protected by the PATRIOT Act. It was protecting the government. That's why it had over 95% of senate, but many people wanted nothing of it (unless they were kinda dumb and afraid). There's other stuff that I can say on the subject, like how right to protest is a tool to make protesting obselete, but I bet many of you don't care, so this is a summary.

Erhm . . .

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT!
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Snipzor
AndrewGaspar said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
1. Get up.
2. Go to your bathroom.
3. Look at your mirror.
4. Mystery solved.

"
Yes, but Clinton basically encouraged this when he passed a bill forcing banks to loan money to low income families."
And it has nothing to do with the deregulation of markets by all four consecutive presidents. In which banks would take risks and eventually go through a massive fallout.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By PercyChuggs
Snipzor said:
Oh, and everyone says "He has protected us since 9/11" clearly forgetting that it had happened on his watch.
And yet, if we get attacked tommorrow, people will blame Bush for the 8 years of setup, not Obama. But hey, it was on Obama's watch, right?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Arkthemaniac
PercyChuggs said:
"Snipzor said:
Oh, and everyone says "He has protected us since 9/11" clearly forgetting that it had happened on his watch.
And yet, if we get attacked tommorrow, people will blame Bush for the 8 years of setup, not Obama. But hey, it was on Obama's watch, right?"
I don't think he's really been fully debriefed by now. Of course, I have no idea how quickly the CIA operates.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

9/11 wasn't the presidents fault. America does hold some of the blame, but it was the extremists who took to the sky.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Snipzor
PercyChuggs said:
"Snipzor said:
And yet, if we get attacked tommorrow, people will blame Bush for the 8 years of setup, not Obama. But hey, it was on Obama's watch, right?"
Because we all know that Obama has already changed the world before being briefed. And 9/11 happened during Clinton, and was not in any way based on any action during the Gulf War by setting up in Holy Land.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Actually, I remember hearing somewhere something that I think is very true. If someone wants to attack America, it will happen. It's just a matter of how and when. Same goes for everything, really.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Right now  Bush 's approval  rate is 27% which is pretty low but I guess it will raise a bit in future

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PercyChuggs
Snipzor said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Snipzor said:
Because we all know that Obama has already changed the world before being briefed.
The way most people act, he changed the world when he got elected. But hey, that's America's "US Weekly" culture for you. Now YOU can dress just like Michelle, but for half the price!
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By ZombiePie

I'm not touching this forum topic even with a ten foot poll.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the only thing I'm willing to say, mostly because I don't want to add flames to the arson here:

I felt really sorry for President Bush near the end of this last term.  He looks weathered, he acts defeated, and the mere fact that he's being subjected to things like this shoe fiasco, or even enduring the booing yesterday at the inauguration makes me feel honestly sorry for him. 

I'm a pretty staunch liberal.  I voted Obama.  I don't agree with much, if anything Bush has done.  Obviously, there were some rectifiable problems that were left untouched and choices that seem asinine, but on a human level, I can tell by looking at the man that he sincerely tried as best as he could and held faithful to what he believed was right. 

I dunno.  Flame me.  Arguing over politics, especially now, after things have been solidified for the next couple years, seems really fruitless to me.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42  Edited By granderojo

I see Bush more as a Machiavellian character than anything, and that may not be so much of a negative.

I mean Bush embodies most of what it is to hold republican, the problem is, that is costly.  You only enter war when you stand to gain something economically or politically from such things.  We entered a war out of pride to go chase some sand people around the desert all the while bankrupting out economy.

No Caption Provided

I don't know is Reagan and the Bushes embody what it means to be truly fiscally conservative, but they sure did push us toward debt levels unseen since WWII.  WWII being the time when America created more debt in 1 year than we produced.

This is bad and I don't know if the other guy had the idea to fix this either.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StaticFalconar
AndrewGaspar said:
"This is an interesting read.

Basically it says:
  • Entering Iraq was unjustified, but what we did for Iraq is positive (no more tyrant, democracy, no more Shi'ites being murdered)
  • Bush wasn't best president, maybe not even in the top 50%, but was definitely not the worst president
I agree with pretty much everything Mr. Roberts said. Thoughts?"
If hes not in the 50% tile, then yes he was a bad president. Not saying he was the worse, but definitely not a good one if you, yourself say he wasn't even in the top 50%.
insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By insanegamer
AndrewGaspar said:

Basically it says:
i agree he may not be the most popular or best president but i did respect him.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By coakroach
AndrewGaspar said:
Sure diplomats smiled but dude,
You thought his approval level in America was low?
He leaves his post with his country poorer and stuck in two wars with a weak infrastructure
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By serbsta
AndrewGaspar said:

Basically it says:
  • Entering Iraq was unjustified: What about the casualties? Over 1 million people have died in Iraq!
  • multiple international agencies believed that there were WMDs in Iraq: Wait... where was he hiding them again? In the sewers... this was the governments way of saying 'we cant think of a better reason to invade, so fuck ya'll if you dont believe us'.
  • Patriot Act thwarted terrorist attacks: I think it did a lot more bad than it did good, it took away many civil liberties and is unconstitutional!
  • 9/11 was handled very well: I could buy a lot of Kleenex in the morning if i knew my baby cousin was coming later tonight and would stain my mirrors.
  • Was well liked internationally: Wtf... am i missing something?

Sorry, but i disagree with the author of the article and the OP. This man should have been lynched, how can someone be 'right' when you look at the number of innocents that have died under his order?

Fuck you Bush!

HISTORY WILL HANG YOU!

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By serbsta
insanegamer said:
"AndrewGaspar said:

Basically it says:
i agree he may not be the most popular or best president but i did respect him."
How can you respect someone who so blatantly rejected human rights?
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BoG

You know, I truly do agree with everyone about the USA PATRIOT act (its proper title). It was an unconstitutional piece of legislation that was passed hastily without any real consideration. It was a mistake. But once again I remind you of history: Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus.

I'm not trying to state that Bush will assuredly be considered great, I just think you are all jumping to conclusions too fast. Despite what I've said, you must consider that he spent the most money since LBJ and left office with an economic downturn, two aspects that won't get him high marks in the future.
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By granderojo
coakroach said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
He leaves his post with his country poorer and stuck in two wars with a weak infrastructure"
This isn't true, right after 9/11 we were loved by the world had over a 90% approval rating abroad especially in europe, after these wars took as long as they did, we got ridiculed.  I don't agree with Iraq war but the Afghanistan war was justified.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Snipzor
thabigred said:
"coakroach said:
"AndrewGaspar said:
He leaves his post with his country poorer and stuck in two wars with a weak infrastructure"
This isn't true, right after 9/11 we were loved by the world had over a 90% approval rating abroad especially in europe, after these wars took as long as they did, we got ridiculed.  I don't agree with Iraq war but the Afghanistan war was justified."
For about a year, that approval was destroyed within a year.