#1 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

The only tradition I have is putting up a tree for Christmas.

Do ya'll have any holiday traditions?

#2 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3087 posts) -

Drink way too much eggnog.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Going up on the roof and getting in a fistfight with Sexyface?

#4 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

The usual Hanukkah stuff:

• dreidels
  • menorah/hanukkiah
  • lighting candles every day
  • eating latkes and apple sauce
  • eating jelly donuts
  • eating chocolate coins
#5 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

Besides putting up lights outside the house and a tree in the living room, my family doesn't really do much.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12434 posts) -

Avoiding people.

#7 Posted by ConfusedOwl (971 posts) -

Putting up the tree and decorations. My family gets really crazy with the Christmas decorations so it takes a full day just to get them up (This is inside the house to so we are really the only ones who see them) We also make sure to watch National Lampoo's Christmas Vacation every Christmas.

#8 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Avoiding people.

WONDERFUL IDEA!! WHO NEEDS ALL THAT STUPID DRAMA ANYWAYS!!!

#9 Posted by redbliss (648 posts) -

I wear the most hideous sweater I have at least once in December. There really is nothing like a terrible sweater.

#10 Posted by Shrimpy (93 posts) -

I watch Die Hard on Christmas Eve.

#11 Posted by TobbRobb (4848 posts) -

Relatives do! I'm usually incorporated in some way. Being the whiny one that doesn't want to get anything, I'm usually set to work as a slave.

Even trade I'd say, helping out so people can have fun is superior to having the same people give me shelffilling.

#12 Posted by believer258 (12208 posts) -

Watch Die Hard, It's A Wonderful Life, and play a fuckload of video games. When not doing that, I come up with a laundry list of things I can do with earbuds permanently in and turned all the way up when we go visit relatives.

#13 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4498 posts) -

None.

#14 Posted by TobbRobb (4848 posts) -

@believer258: That's the christmas spirit!

#15 Posted by Frostily (42 posts) -

My family reads the night before Christmas in the style of Beavis and Buthead

#16 Posted by Elyk247 (371 posts) -

Singing carols to neighbors and helping the food kitchen out! We also don't give gifts at my house; we give lots of warm love.

#17 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Nothing too fancy. Big family party on Christmas Eve and a pretty low key immediate family gathering on Christmas day. I've developed my own tradition in the past few years of watching every 30 Rock Christmas special.

#18 Edited by NTM (7546 posts) -

Christmas tree and family get together with a bunch of food on Christmas Eve, so it's basically another Thanksgiving; everyone always comes over to our house. I guess you can consider picking a name out of the hat so we can give each other presents as a tradition, but my family's not doing that this year; too much of a hassle, and we always put a limit on how much you can spend, which makes it hard.

I should say, I don't really like to socialize with my extended family except for my younger cousins, and I don't eat a lot of food on Christmas Eve (or Thanksgiving for that matter). Oh, and usually everyone waked up early on Christmas day, but I don't imagine I'll be getting present, or many presents from my parents this year since I think I'm too old for that. I don't know, I think my parents like to get us presents, but by now, certainly not to the extent as when we were younger, and I'm OK with that. I'm not asking for anything, unless they ask me what I want.

#19 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

Catnip for the cats

#20 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

Scrooged

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Bad Santa

The Ref

*repeat*

#21 Posted by deano546 (184 posts) -

Alot of people watch Die Hard, but I'm crazy so I watch the Bourne movies.

#22 Posted by Rokkaku (223 posts) -

@Levio said:

Catnip for the cats

From personal experience, this can be a dangerous game.

Also playing through the annual Assassin's Creed release. I'm breaking tradition this year.