Holy shit, you are all going to assasinate me with hate for this

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Giantbomb isn't fun any more... the Bombcast isn't nearly as funny as it used to be, all of the funny ass forums on here have been locked or not posted in for months, the boards are starting to become filled with jerks (like me according to some people), fanboys, and idiots. Not to mention this places objective of being a review website has not been met BY A LONG SHOT, 70-90% of the games released each week are not reviewed or dismissed as being lame. It's like the GB crew stopped caring. To be honest the only reason I stay on here still is because this is as good as it gets as far as video game websites go, and that's kind of depressing in my mind.

*Smokes my last cigarette* I'm going to be flamed and probably banned for this but it felt good to get that off of my chest.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Cool, another thread where everybody is going to get pissed at each other and start bitching and whining and moaning. I can't wait to see how this will end.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

This website is run by an editorial staff of four guys.  How do you expect them to cover most of the games that come out?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red
@Emandudeguyperson: Wow. You're obviously just trolling or looking to be banned, but wow. Just wow.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

The Bombcast is still just as funny as it used to be.  There can be a dull episode here or there.  I say that part is inside your head.

Maybe I have been a uprising or idiots and fanboys, but I think I'm seeing that everywhere right now.  Something about the PS3 pricecut along with Nintendo's solid E3 and there haven't been a whole lot of major game releases for quite a few months...

AFAIK Giant Bomb was never supposed to be a review website, either.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scooper

It's not exactaly how I'd like it but I don't go on any other game website so it's plenty good enough for me.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7  Edited By natetodamax

And by the way you named this thread, it's obvious you knew what was coming yet you posted it anyway. 

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Red

Please guys, stop feeding the very, very bad troll.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By PowerSerj

I fully agree with the jerks, fanboys, and idiots comment. But you are partially mistaken about it. You do fall under one of those camps Emandudeguyperson, but it's not the jerks one. It's also not the fanboys one. Can you guess what I'm getting at?

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By zitosilva

Uh, I don't think the podcast is less funny now than it ever was. And even if that was the case, I don't listen to it for laughs, but to see the staff opinion on games and news.

I'll agree on the forum part though. No that they are bad, but they were much better in the first six months of the site existence.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Milkman

Cool man. See ya around.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By crusader8463

It could be better sure, but this is the best dam site going. If you don't like it that's fine, don't let the door hit ya on the way out. It's the only site that doesn't feel like a cooperation, and actually feels like a pace being run by guys who love games and not a company trying for bottom dollar. And in an industry where all the sites and games them selves are feeling that way its refreshing.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hamz
  • We don't ban or even moderate users for expressing dislike, displeasure or grievances about the site. We have / will never been in the habit of moderating people for doing this on the site. It is perfectly legitimate for users to complain, voice opinion etc about how they feel provided they are constructive about it.
  • This topic does, in my mind, constitute as possible flame-bait if the OP was intentionally posting it to cause a scene, cause controversy and arguments. Please do not turn this topic into such a situation.
  • I disagree with most of what the OP has to say. But I'm sure I can be considered bias after all I guess?
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By dethfish

What the fuck is the point of this? Just leave if you don't like it.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Babble
@Emandudeguyperson said:
"

Giantbomb isn't fun any more... the Bombcast isn't nearly as funny as it used to be, all of the funny ass forums on here have been locked or not posted in for months, the boards are now filled with jerks (like me according to some people), fanboys, and idiots. Not to mention this places objective of being a review website has not been met BY A LONG SHOT, 70-90% of the games released each week are not reviewed or dismissed as being lame. It's like the GB crew stopped caring.

*Smokes my last cigarette* I'm going to be flamed and probably banned for this but it felt good to get that off of my chest.

"
Ok? I like the site just as much.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By ryanwho

They don't review very much, that's kind of hard to refute. Like, they go a week sometimes without reviewing a game. Sometimes it seems like they're going for the easy quantity of content and avoiding the things that require effort, like reviews. I half agree with this dude. 10 reviews in a month is kinda iffy, that's like 1 to 2 reviews per editor, in a whole month.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Cube
@Dethfish77 said:
" What the fuck is the point of this? Just leave if you don't like it. "
This. Do what Bucketdeth should have done, and leave please.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Milkman

Okay, can we just let this die? The guy is obviously just looking for attention and we're already given him way too much. If he doesn't like the site, he can leave. We don't need to try to convince him to stay by telling him how much we like the site.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By copycatzen

get a job
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By PowerSerj
@Milkman said:
" Okay, can we just let this die? The guy is obviously just looking for attention and we're already given him way too much. If he doesn't like the site, he can leave. We don't need to try to convince him to stay by telling him how much we like the site. "
I agree. We should stop bumping and start searching the depths of our hearts.