• 52 results
lilith70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By lilith70

I forgot how exhausting it can be to just sit in one spot for sixteen hours a day.  (That might sound counter-intuitive, but I'm used to chasing four kids all day and having a little more free time to clean, etc.) 

With our announcement last week, I found my daily routine having to be completely up-ended.  Instead of spending a few hours on the forum and only another hour or two checking news feeds, I spent almost six hours per day on the forums (updating threads, answering private messages, investigating new members), and then three to four hours reading news feeds, and then there was the very, very busy business of getting around to updating my webpages... 

And then the truly unthinkable happened:  Dreamweaver crapped out on me in a most terminal fashion. 

And I'm pretty sure my installation disks are somewhere in the back of the garage.   

>.< 

I'm going to go pretend like I'm not about to cry.

lilith70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lilith70

I forgot how exhausting it can be to just sit in one spot for sixteen hours a day.  (That might sound counter-intuitive, but I'm used to chasing four kids all day and having a little more free time to clean, etc.) 

With our announcement last week, I found my daily routine having to be completely up-ended.  Instead of spending a few hours on the forum and only another hour or two checking news feeds, I spent almost six hours per day on the forums (updating threads, answering private messages, investigating new members), and then three to four hours reading news feeds, and then there was the very, very busy business of getting around to updating my webpages... 

And then the truly unthinkable happened:  Dreamweaver crapped out on me in a most terminal fashion. 

And I'm pretty sure my installation disks are somewhere in the back of the garage.   

>.< 

I'm going to go pretend like I'm not about to cry.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

I'm sure I'm just really stupid, but that didn't make a lick of sense to me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Well err...hang in there?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

Wanna date? Here's my number: (555) 555-5555

Edit: Don't call me before 6.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By blazerx9x
@Abyssfull said:
" Well err...hang in there? "

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bobdaman18

"our" announcement?  You work for EA?  I'm confused...but i agree, hang in there.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Binman88

Probably wasn't necessary to attach this to the forums - though for the purposes of your community manager role to promote your new game, it was absolutely necessary.

I have to admit, stuff like this actually puts me off games.

lilith70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilith70

I didn't realize there was an option to NOT attach it to the forums, actually.  Doesn't that just happen automatically?  I'd really rather it was just a blog entry.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crusader8463
@lilith70 said:
" I didn't realize there was an option to NOT attach it to the forums, actually.  Doesn't that just happen automatically?  I'd really rather it was just a blog entry. "
After you make the blog it will ask what to attach it to. As long as you don't select anything it just gets posted in your blog and not in any forum.
lilith70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilith70
@crusader8463: Oh!  Awesome!  I thought that was required... shows me not to pay attention next time...  

>.> 

<.<
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By vager

"Holy wow" I should start using that phrase.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crusader8463
@lilith70:  No worries. The site can be a tad confuzzling some times.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FunExplosions
@RiotBananas said:
" @FunExplosions said:
" Wanna date? Here's my number: (555) 555-5555  Edit: Don't call me before 6. "

I see, what you did there. 
"

No Caption Provided
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i stopped at "chasing 4 kids...." 

i respect your life choices, but people who bring kids to the world simply sicken me, for various reasons.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nail1080
EA pretty desperate for attention these days huh?
lilith70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilith70
@nail1080: I'd say EA gets all the attention they want, really.  I was just blogging.
Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Meltac
@Ahmad_Metallic: You want to share why? It's an interesting opinion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy wow?

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By luce

Jeez louise!

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arbie

I thought this was going to be about an epic wow fest! =[

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zimbo
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" i stopped at "chasing 4 kids...."  i respect your life choices, but people who bring kids to the world simply sicken me, for various reasons. "
So....your parents sicken you?
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Milkman
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" i stopped at "chasing 4 kids...."  i respect your life choices, but people who bring kids to the world simply sicken me, for various reasons. "
For Christ's sake...
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joshakazam

Cool story bro?

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RiotBananas said:
" @FunExplosions said:
" Wanna date? Here's my number: (555) 555-5555  Edit: Don't call me before 6. "

"
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Meltac said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: You want to share why? It's an interesting opinion. "
well first of all, there's all the trouble and money spending and heart ache and the kids getting sick or bullied or badly injured or turning out to be something the parent hates, etc..... 
I know life's backbone is all the negative shit that makes life "great", but dude, there is that trouble, and there's KIDS TROUBLE which is really really too much. i mean really. I dunno what kind of sick creature actually wants to live through that 

Secondly, this will sound cheesy but its effing true: our world has reached a point where living in it is really a mission impossible. why the fuck would i bring kids to a world thats gotten THIS bad ? 

My life philosophy is: Live this life, enjoy it, perhaps with your other half if you find him/her, dont bring kids who, though might bring you joy and love, but will also counter those good things with a SHIT-TON of negativity all the way.   

inb4 motherfuckers who will deny alllllllllll the terrible shit that goes on between fathers and sons, and tell me that im crazy.  Those are my sworn enemies.. the dicks who deny things going on all day everyday, with a smile on their faces. 
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArchScabby
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Meltac said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: You want to share why? It's an interesting opinion. "
well first of all, there's all the trouble and money spending and heart ache and the kids getting sick or bullied or badly injured or turning out to be something the parent hates, etc..... I know life's backbone is all the negative shit that makes life "great", but dude, there is that trouble, and there's KIDS TROUBLE which is really really too much. i mean really. I dunno what kind of sick creature actually wants to live through that  Secondly, this will sound cheesy but its effing true: our world has reached a point where living in it is really a mission impossible. why the fuck would i bring kids to a world thats gotten THIS bad ?  My life philosophy is: Live this life, enjoy it, perhaps with your other half if you find him/her, dont bring kids who, though might bring you joy and love, but will also counter those good things with a SHIT-TON of negativity all the way.    inb4 motherfuckers who will deny alllllllllll the terrible shit that goes on between fathers and sons, and tell me that im crazy.  Those are my sworn enemies.. the dicks who deny things going on all day everyday, with a smile on their faces.  "
You're right, the human race dying off is a much better option.
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EVO
@Ahmad_Metallic:

*REALITY CHECK*

Some people lead enjoyable lives.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@EVO: you mean the people who give birth to kids and spend their lives taking care of them, wasting money on them, not knowing how to raise them and reading books about it, living the first 30 years worrying about the kid doing drugs or getting aids, and most of all, having their son or daughter grew into something the parents hate or disapprove of and spend their entire lives sorrowful about that particular issue and unable to agree and truly love each other's company ? 

i know, right ?
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FunExplosions
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @EVO: you mean the people who give birth to kids and spend their lives taking care of them, wasting money on them, not knowing how to raise them and reading books about it, living the first 30 years worrying about the kid doing drugs or getting aids, and most of all, having their son or daughter grew into something the parents hate or disapprove of and spend their entire lives sorrowful about that particular issue and unable to agree and truly love each other's company ?  i know, right ? "
My parents might just be an exception, but they raised me to behave however I want. I form all my own opinions, and the only real parenting they had to do was punish me when I was younger, and help me understand their reasoning behind the punishments (a couple spankings and a lot of yelling). After about the age of 16, all they did was pay for me to live in their house, understanding that they were my parents, but talking to me as any other person they'd meet.

In regards to no one ever giving birth; How are we to advance as a species if the smart few never get born? I'll admit, there's sections of my town that I drive by and wish I could just obliterate with a nuke, but that doesn't mean everyone's bad. I also think that the majority of people (65%+) are complete sacks of shit and a waste of space. That number will keep getting higher. Poor, often under-educated people, will continue to reproduce far more than the wealthy, often-educated people (and stop right there, flamers! My family is CRAZY poor. I think I have more money than my parents, and I'm 20. I'm just smart enough to look around and recognize the obvious. I'm not some crazy Ayn Rand-head... far from it. Think about it. You see dirty, filthy, disgusting sacks of shit who are only 16 years old pushing strollers around. That's just their first kid of many to come. Smarter families really tend (not always) to only have as many children as they want).

Ahem... Nevertheless, that doesn't mean I think people should just give up. We should take it one step at a time, at least until the species collapses under its own weight. As bad as it gets, it's never going to be so bad that we should just give up.

And as for people paying for their kids; That's their money. It's their life. If they want to spend money on something as significant as another human life, then they can do so, and should be able to do so, without angsty little kids disrespecting them for it.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crusader8463
@FunExplosions: Sounds to me like you would be pro- forced castration of anyone in a lower tax bracket.
JessicaBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By JessicaBoo
@nail1080 said:
"EA pretty desperate for attention these days huh? "

hahahah... This
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Supermarius
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
That is a dumb thing to say. You should keep thoughts like that to yourself.
damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By damodar
@Ahmad_Metallic: Your posts never fail to make me laugh
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FunExplosions
@crusader8463: You obviously didn't read the whole post. Or you just didn't pay attention. I'm POOR.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By crusader8463
@FunExplosions:  No I obviously did read it, but that seems to be the conclusion you came to. You said that while there is exceptions to the rule in general the poor and stupid are reproducing at such a rate that they will out number the smart people. It's actually a pretty common idea and is something that a lot of people worry about. Plus it was the bases for the plot of a pretty funny movie. 
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Supermarius
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @EVO: you mean the people who give birth to kids and spend their lives taking care of them, wasting money on them, not knowing how to raise them and reading books about it, living the first 30 years worrying about the kid doing drugs or getting aids, and most of all, having their son or daughter grew into something the parents hate or disapprove of and spend their entire lives sorrowful about that particular issue and unable to agree and truly love each other's company ?  i know, right ? "
um, i'm pretty sure that a life spent raising a family and caring/worrying about people other than yourself is ultimately more satisfying than a life spent simply fulfilling your own personal needs.   I think most people reach an age where they stop and really evaluate themselves and their life progress. They realize that they are at least partially a disappointment and not the great person they wanted to be.  It's the point in your life when you have figured out your own bullshit and can't lie to yourself.   And I think that when a person figures this out, the concept of living only for oneself seems silly.  It is not enough, and people go on to seek out some greater purpose like raising a family. I don't think a person can really find purpose solely in themselves.
Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Insectecutor

Marketing thread successfully hijacked and driven off the rails. Good job everyone!

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zimbo
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
It sounds like you just have some personal family problems. Don't take it out on other people. 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By mike

"Holy wow"...I like it, however I'm more used to seeing any number of expletives instead of "wow" after "holy" - this is Giant Bomb, after all!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By crusader8463
@Insectecutor said:
" Marketing thread successfully hijacked and driven off the rails. Good job everyone! "
That outta teach them EA folks to try and infiltrate our community posing as actual human beings and not robots designed to do nothing but spread the gospel of EA! lol
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Click her, "See mini bio."

She works for Spicy Horse, the people who are making that Alice game. Things make sense now.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Insectecutor:  i started it, and i'll end it.  i'll continue the discussion with those interested, in the private reply thingie. (it didnt go on for very long though so yay!) 

Sorry, blog poster :P
234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#46  Edited By 234r2we232
@Insectecutor said:
" Marketing thread successfully hijacked and driven off the rails. Good job everyone! "
Yeah. Good job at being obnoxious dicks, everyone!
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By FLStyle
@InfamousBIG said:
" Holy wow? "
I second this notion!
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Whisperkill

Ummmm wat?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By RVonE

I love this thread.
lilith70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lilith70

Tune in next week when you'll find out what the blog post was REALLY about.  ;-) 

(HINT: It wasn't what you thought.)