Hopes for Resident Evil Reboot

Wizardtrain187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Wizardtrain187

From what I’ve heard, the next Resident Evil (number 6, but with all the spin offs and indirect sequels, it may be like number 25) may be a reboot of the series, which I believe is a good thing. I really enjoyed all of the games, but the action filled nature of the last two overshadowed some of the elements that I loved about RE‘s previous incarnations.

Its pretty obvious that the producers of the game have an idea in mind, but there are some things I’d like to see.

First, lets find a happy medium between the action of the last two and the survival horror of the others. I liked the control scheme, but the fear of not having enough ammo was lost as most enemies dropped it when they were killed or it could be purchased. I want to regain that feeling of excitement when I find a couple shotgun shells or a  
 9mm clip.

I miss the puzzle elements too, they have been pretty light as of late. I know they seemed out of place at times, but I like sifting though levels looking for tiger eyes or animal themed crests.

Lets go back to Raccoon City. I want to be there from day 1 as the virus slowly makes its way throughout the town. It’d be cool to see the before and after as well as developing dialogue with citizens and seeing what happens to them as the story progresses. There is so much potential for both new areas and re-imagined ones. Roaming the Arkalay Mountains would be awesome and really intense in the beginning of such a game.

I also really miss zombies too. There is just something about the lumbering dead that gets me pumped. Since it will be more action oriented than the first few titles, pump up the numbers.

It’d also be cool to see a more open world game. Obviously you’d need scripted events, but with such a large town it’d be great to find multiple paths around. It’d also be cool to have choices. Perhaps you save a school bus full of kids, but don’t have enough time to secure a zoo full of mutated animals. Heal a wounded cop and have a buddy for a while. It just seems like there is so much potential there.

Enemy wise, I would not have an issue with the baddies from the past. I loved all the creatures that filled the Umbrella test tubes and wouldn’t mind seeing their next gen versions. The hunters from RE3 were by far my favorite.

And while not the strongest of the games, the RE Onlines had some cool ideas. Why not include a bit of co-op play, but not the leashed kind that was found in RE5. Having to split up from a buddy or buddies for awhile would really create some dramatic situations.

I know its a lot of pipe dreaming, but this is the series that addicted me to games. I don't want it to die.    

Wizardtrain187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wizardtrain187

From what I’ve heard, the next Resident Evil (number 6, but with all the spin offs and indirect sequels, it may be like number 25) may be a reboot of the series, which I believe is a good thing. I really enjoyed all of the games, but the action filled nature of the last two overshadowed some of the elements that I loved about RE‘s previous incarnations.

Its pretty obvious that the producers of the game have an idea in mind, but there are some things I’d like to see.

First, lets find a happy medium between the action of the last two and the survival horror of the others. I liked the control scheme, but the fear of not having enough ammo was lost as most enemies dropped it when they were killed or it could be purchased. I want to regain that feeling of excitement when I find a couple shotgun shells or a  
 9mm clip.

I miss the puzzle elements too, they have been pretty light as of late. I know they seemed out of place at times, but I like sifting though levels looking for tiger eyes or animal themed crests.

Lets go back to Raccoon City. I want to be there from day 1 as the virus slowly makes its way throughout the town. It’d be cool to see the before and after as well as developing dialogue with citizens and seeing what happens to them as the story progresses. There is so much potential for both new areas and re-imagined ones. Roaming the Arkalay Mountains would be awesome and really intense in the beginning of such a game.

I also really miss zombies too. There is just something about the lumbering dead that gets me pumped. Since it will be more action oriented than the first few titles, pump up the numbers.

It’d also be cool to see a more open world game. Obviously you’d need scripted events, but with such a large town it’d be great to find multiple paths around. It’d also be cool to have choices. Perhaps you save a school bus full of kids, but don’t have enough time to secure a zoo full of mutated animals. Heal a wounded cop and have a buddy for a while. It just seems like there is so much potential there.

Enemy wise, I would not have an issue with the baddies from the past. I loved all the creatures that filled the Umbrella test tubes and wouldn’t mind seeing their next gen versions. The hunters from RE3 were by far my favorite.

And while not the strongest of the games, the RE Onlines had some cool ideas. Why not include a bit of co-op play, but not the leashed kind that was found in RE5. Having to split up from a buddy or buddies for awhile would really create some dramatic situations.

I know its a lot of pipe dreaming, but this is the series that addicted me to games. I don't want it to die.