• 105 results
#1 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

found this old pic of my desk from jan 2008 .. ill have to get a new photo of my much cleaner setup now that ive stopped being such an animal... but oh man this is amazing

so yeah .. ive seen way worse pics on the internet .. but do you guys have any personal pics to top this shit?

#2 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

That is one old keyboard. How was that area used for to get so dirty?

#3 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

im a man hehe .. uh i just didnt clean up much .. at all ... over years .... pc was soooo reliable for years tho ehhe , was my pro quake keyboard hence removed windows keys etc... plus im clearly a smoker so theres smoker filth everywhere ... really makes me shudder hehe but ohwell .. i think the camera contrast picked up alot more than you normally saw .. or thats what i tell myself

#4 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Dear god look at that keyboard, I thought my three empty coke cans was messy!

#5 Edited by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

I wish I could post a picture of my desk but I have too many pictures of naked women. :(

#6 Posted by MrTom (16 posts) -
This is mine as of right now. Not as messy I grant you, but I'm still ashamed.
#7 Posted by Vonocourt (2125 posts) -

You smoked by you're computer? Man, that whole thing is just disgusting.

#8 Posted by Zurgfrog (153 posts) -

How on earth did you ever let it get that bad, I mean i'm as lazy as any other person but that's pretty crazy

#9 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@MrTom said:

The second monitor looks pretty old.

#10 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@Zurgfrog: ahahah ... yeah ... i know right :( .. i dunno how to explain it but i bet it speaks volumes by itself ehehe

i mean .. now i have random shit everywhere but i actually try to keep it clean .. living with other people helps make you feel self concious enuff to clean this shit up ehehe

#11 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@MrTom: hehehe the shoe ??? yeah im horribly ashamed for my messiness but im proud of the random assortment of shit

#12 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Good god man, that is gnarsty.

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@envane said:

found this old pic of my desk from jan 2008 .. ill have to get a new photo of my much cleaner setup now that ive stopped being such an animal... but oh man this is amazing

so yeah .. ive seen way worse pics on the internet .. but do you guys have any personal pics to top this shit?

My God dude.

#14 Posted by MrTom (16 posts) -

@envane: I have a 2 year old daughter. That's my excuse for the messiness and I'm sticking to it!

#15 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

Did you not permanently have E. Coli or some shit from that mess?

#16 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

And Diablo 3 hasn't even released yet.

#17 Posted by Aristides (89 posts) -

@Vonocourt said:

You smoked by you're computer? Man, that whole thing is just disgusting.

Almost as disgusting as using the wrong "your." But yeah, it's pretty damn bad.

#18 Posted by hoossy (933 posts) -

gross

#19 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@CookieMonster: lol :) suprisingly no

@StrikeALight: yeah but wow was considerably more in its prime and i was raiding pretty hard.. plus as you may see i was also getting into titan quest

#20 Posted by hmmisee (156 posts) -

You're disgusting envane.

#21 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

My insides are crying. I don't have the cleanest space but after a good purging it feels so nice to have the open space.

#22 Edited by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

Shit, that's bush league, you can still see the desk itself, and you can still count the cigarette butts! (I really wish I were joking... it was a bad time in my life)

#23 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@ShaggE: real talk .. and yes .. it was a considerably low point in my life and i really didnt give a fuck .

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

@envane: That's the hell of it. It gets so bad that the idea of cleaning it up is too overwhelming, so it adds up and adds up while less and less of a fuck is given. I have a pic of what I called "cigarette mountain" that I keep around as a reminder never to sink that low again. I won't even get into the rest of the apartment; far too depressing. I'll just say that I didn't get my security deposit back, haha.

#25 Edited by onan (1284 posts) -

@envane said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

That is one old keyboard. How was that area used for to get so dirty?

Dude very clearly eats at his keyboard. Working IT, I can tell you that's the #1 cause of keyboards that look like that. it's organic build-up from oil-covered fingers spreading the coating to keyboards which pick up dust and smoke and congeal into a yellow plaque-like substance that crusts up around the edges of the keys and in the gaps. Additionally you end up with larger food particles like corn chip dust and rice from chinese food or whatever. Other things like fizz from nearby beer or sugared sodas will spray tiny amounts of fluid onto the keyboard which will in turn dry and collect more schmutz.

Same thing happens to videogame controllers for people who don't wash their hands while eating and playing games. With a french fry container and a wadded up ball of aluminum foil, you can be pretty sure he rarely ever bothered washing his hands.

This is exactly what I mean when I tell people I'm messy, but there is a very, very clear distinction between messy and dirty.

#26 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

R.I.P envane killed by a staph infection caught from his keyboard.

#27 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

@envane: Please tell me your current set up is cleaner than the picture...

#28 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Hey I used to have that same Packard Bell cyekbaord!

#29 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@supamon: yeah my setup is alot better now and i keep it all cleaner while still a "messy" person im alot less dirty hehe .. even had a shower after that post because i started feeling gross eheh

#30 Edited by envane (1162 posts) -

@onan: i somehow have an issue with the fact that you said its a wadded up ball of foil, its just a single crumpled piece of foil .. which came from something non food related ,... eheh though i appreciate the accurate description of my keyboard eating/smoking habits .. i actually curbed alot of my habit by limiting the desk space i have available in the first place .. so i just cant get away with crap everywhere .. and stopped smoking cigs ages ago, thats the thing that stands out to me the most in that pic

also wish i could make a good joke about your need for clean hands and your username ... but i got nothing

#31 Posted by onan (1284 posts) -

@envane said:

@onan: i somehow have an issue with the fact that you said its a wadded up ball of foil, its just a single crumpled piece of foil .. which came from something non food related ,... eheh though i appreciate the accurate description of my keyboard eating/smoking habits .. i actually curbed alot of my habit by limiting the desk space i have available in the first place .. so i just cant get away with crap everywhere .. and stopped smoking cigs ages ago, thats the thing that stands out to me the most in that pic

This may be just an issue of semantics. I wasn't saying you were collecting foil or anything, just that it was wadded up into a ball, which is the same thing as just being "crumpled up" to me.

But hey, good for you if you cleaned up your act. Just saying it's fairly common. By my guestimates it's at least 1 or 2% of the population with keyboards like that.

#32 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

That's disgusting. No, I don't have any comparable pictures of my desk, fortunately.

#33 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

O_O; HOLY FUCK!

#34 Posted by RVonE (4623 posts) -

My desk is cluttered up by stacks of papers and books but at least it's clean.

#35 Posted by Chaser324 (6409 posts) -

How much meth do you need to be doing on a daily basis to let your desk (or anything really) get that disgusting?

#36 Posted by TobbRobb (4596 posts) -

O_o, Jesus man. I could never live like that.

#37 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Oh god duder, why, how? That picture of your desk is going to haunt me. I occasionally let mine get out of control but that is just crazy!

#38 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@envane said:

im a man hehe .. uh i just didnt clean up much .. at all ... over years .... pc was soooo reliable for years tho ehhe , was my pro quake keyboard hence removed windows keys etc... plus im clearly a smoker so theres smoker filth everywhere ... really makes me shudder hehe but ohwell .. i think the camera contrast picked up alot more than you normally saw .. or thats what i tell myself

Please don't lump the rest of our sex in with you being a slob of that level. You are a slob. Doesn't mean men are.

#39 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@crusader8463: i really shoulda gone back and changed that to "dirty man" or soemthing .. thats what i meant ..but kinda knew i was blatantly generalizing ehe ..

#40 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

That made me feel a little sick. My desk just has books and my headset on it right now.

#41 Edited by onan (1284 posts) -

While we're on the topic of constructive criticism though, all of the text "ehehe" giggling at yourself is a bit creepy. (or maybe that one's just me, dunno.)

#42 Posted by Turambar (6733 posts) -

My desk itself is pretty small so most things other than the PC itself goes on the floor.

#43 Edited by envane (1162 posts) -

@onan: ok onan ill just use lol instead ? i feel too old for either really .. i just have terrible grammar and eheh is used as punctuation ........ and excessive periods ...

#44 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

Let's see.......super messy desk + not giving a fuck + 2008 = Wrath of the Lich King or prepping for Wrath of the Lich King? 

That about sums up my 2008 until I became self-aware.  2009 was a good year for me.

#45 Posted by envane (1162 posts) -

@Unchained: black temple and waiting for sunwell at that point .. lich king was later

#46 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@MrTom said:

Diet Coke? WHY?

#47 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

P.S That is one dirty Key bored. Do you shower now?

#48 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Wow, and here i was thinking my desk/room was messy. Feel kind of better now, thank you.

#49 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

There's a difference between messy and dirty. I've had a messy desk, it happens. That desk is fucking unclean. Like, kill it with fire for it can never be saved-kind of dirty.

#50 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Your desk wasn't just messy, it was dirty and gross. Jebus, duder. And here I thought I was messy.