stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By stinky

@Large_Soda said:

Are there brown twinkies? Chocolate twinkies? If not, I just saved Hostess.

yes there are. it was probably the R&D on those that drove the company into the ground.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Fajita_Jim said:
@uniform said:
With consumers a lot more health conscious than they were in the past, this comes as no surprise. It's a good thing people are shifting towards more healthy choices, yet it still makes me kind of sad to see  products I loved disappear. I was born in the seventies, so I grew up in an age where everything was unhealthy crap. Delicious unhealthy crap. It's not so much that these products disappear, never to be had again, rather another reminder that I'm getting old. Getting old really sucks.
I'm right there with you, bud. Young people these days don't know what GOOD french fries are. They're about this big and they fit in your arteries, that's how good they are.   Remember when TV dinners came in tin trays and tasted like food? Yup, that was bad for us. Now we have to eat shit so shat up by artificial flavors (because that meat patty has been processed 50 times and rejected 49) that everything you buy tastes like the shit it's packed in.
TV Dinners never ever tasted like food.  I'm older than you, I actually had TV dinners in the mid 70s.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@SeriouslyNow said:
TV Dinners never ever tasted like food.  I'm older than you, I actually had TV dinners in the mid 70s.
Hey, now. That Banquet Fried Chicken Dinner used to be the shiznit back in the mid 80's. It actually got crispy in the oven. Now, it's a sog-fest. Same thing with the chicken fingers/nuggets: they all used to be crispy and palatable, now they're soft and disgusting.
dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By dichemstys

Someone'll keep all kinds of Snowballs in a truck.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Looks like they are officially going out of business and this time they're liquidating everything and laying off everybody. If Zombieland taught me anything, better stock up on your Twinkies and Ding-Dong's till Armageddon happens cause those things will survive anything. RIP Hostess for all your late night gaming treats you have provided me throughout my childhood, also for teaching me that your snacks should be moderated and for now giving me the sensibility for eating healthier.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/twinkie-shortage-shoppers-stock-up-hostess-bankruptcy_n_2144606.html?utm_hp_ref=food&ir=Food

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I wonder who will take over the Twinkies IP

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I wonder who will take over the Twinkies IP

Brazzers sounds like a good fit.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Sanity

Sad day indeed... Say what you will about em but they will always have a place in Americana.