• 139 results
#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

It's New Years Eve! How will you be spending the last hours of the year?

I'm heading out of 2012 how I came into 2012, hammered!

#2 Posted by Fallen189 (5006 posts) -

Alone

#3 Posted by CaLe (3983 posts) -

I just got a new translation book and I'm working through it. Some interesting stuff. Much more interesting than the difference between a 12 and a 13.

#4 Edited by AndrewB (7613 posts) -

Working a miserable thankless job while the worst types of people in the world act like assholes and make it even worse?

#5 Posted by ConfusedOwl (940 posts) -

Sitting around at a small family party. It'll be boring but it's better than sitting here all day doing nothing so I'll take it.

#6 Edited by HarlechQuinn (449 posts) -

The same thing we do every night, Hizang... try to take over the world! playing video games and watching stuff... (maybe getting drunk while doing this...)

Edit: Okay, I decided to go with the Trenched TNTs and a bottle of 4 Orange Vodka...

#7 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

The day was never an event for me so nothing special. Think I may order a pizza from a local place and watch some more episodes of a TV show I'm watching. That I'm gonna do this afternoon however, so who knows tonight. Probably just keep doing nothing.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

Playing video games!

#9 Posted by timlump (152 posts) -

studying :(

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

The family and I will be watching a lot of movies together and bond in the greatness that is Die Hard,

#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Probably the same thing everyone else my age is doing: getting with some friends, getting drunk, and counting down from ten.

#12 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

Drinking my annual New Year's Beer and playing Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. (This may not be a good combination of activities.)

#13 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I was going to go to a party or something, but my head is kinda bugging me (sinus infection?), so I'm just going to CHILL

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

With my family. New Year's Eve is my younger brother's birthday.

#15 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (83 posts) -

I'm going for fondue!! And watching people drink because my prostate's inflammed :(

#16 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Video games!

#17 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Watching the Doctor Who Christmas Special, probably reading. No idea what else yet. Nothing planned.

#18 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

Drugs

#19 Posted by ChaosDent (234 posts) -

Dinner out with family, then board games, then family time again until Midnight.

#20 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Having some people over and getting into the vodka.

#21 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Falling asleep with my girlfriend, celebrating nye seems trivial to me.

#22 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

Tearing down my parents kitchen, followed by XCOM.

Of course I had to get up early to start tearing down the kitchen so I may just fall asleep while playing XCOM.

#23 Edited by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

I'm at my in-law's house. We usually have a big Russian new year's, which means a lot of drinking/eating/dancing/toasting and watching weird Russian television programs, but I think we're going to have a mellow evening this year. From what I can gather, that means all the same things but with fewer people. LOL.

#24 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Jack shit.

#25 Posted by Alpha1 (254 posts) -

Prostitutes........... and Far Cry 3

#26 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

Getting inappropriately close to my hot cousin. Tonite.

#27 Edited by believer258 (11903 posts) -

I'm gonna do laundry and other house-cleaning chores.

Then I'm gonna read a book (Foundation, Isaac Asimov)

Then I'm gonna watch a movie (maybe; this and the book are switchable)

Then I'm gonna play more video games. Maybe wrap-up Dishonored.

#28 Edited by JacDG (2124 posts) -

I was invited to one of my friends place, she was going to invite a lot of our mutual friends and it was going to be an awesome night, then this morning I felt not urge to go since I've been out drinking every weekend since September, I needed a BREAK, so I'm sitting at home with the fam, drinking a few beers, watching Jersey Shore (it's horrible, stupid, moronic TV, but damn it it's entertaining) and then I'll probably play some games later, perhaps fire up some XCOM. It's weird, a few years ago I hated this evening, but now that I have a broader group of friends I've stopped being so conscious about it, maturing is pretty awesome!

#29 Posted by 49th (2756 posts) -

Going to see the Hobbit.

#30 Posted by mlarrabee (2951 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

With my family. New Year's Eve is my younger sister's birthday.

#31 Posted by benjo_t (152 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Probably the same thing everyone else my age is doing: getting with some friends, getting drunk, and counting down from ten.

This. Hope everyone enjoys themselves, whatever you're doing when 2013 hits.

#32 Posted by Bamsen (342 posts) -

Drugs whooo

#33 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

My sleep schedule has been horribly off these last few days and I haven't been getting anything done, maybe I'll finally start playing one of the games I got on the Steam sales.

#34 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Twilight Zone

#35 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Going to a friend's house where our kids can play together, and have a few adult beverages. The days of drunken lewdness are over to me. I still have to wake up with a baby in the morning regardless of how drunk I may be.

#36 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -
@artofwar420 said:

Getting inappropriately close to my hot cousin. Tonite.

Wut.
#37 Posted by UitDeToekomst (714 posts) -

home alone in my apartment, where I am likely to get blitzed and play some of the games I recently bought on Steam until I pass out around 9 or so.

#38 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

Going out with a group of friends, going to one friends house in the country, having some target practice with rifles, and then watching movies and playing games with them til the morning.

#39 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6192 posts) -

My tentative plan is to blast through the first two seasons of Archer, get mildly drunk, and mow down a Totino's and some Lil Smokies. Heart attack, here I come!

#40 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Sparky_Buzzsaw

My tentative plan is to blast through the first two seasons of Archer, get mildly drunk, and mow down a Totino's and some Lil Smokies. Heart attack, here I come!

Have you seen Archer? If not, you're in for a treat. An incredible inappropriate, offensive treat.
#41 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Fuck yeah lil smokies

#42 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -

Gonna play some games, maybe read some, watch a movie, do some pushups, I dunno. I don't enjoy alcohol or the company of drunk people so for me this is just an evening like any other.

#43 Posted by Milkman (16786 posts) -

At a friend's house party hopefully ingesting copious amounts of vodka.

#44 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

I was gonna go out, but then I lost my wallet so have no i.d.

Far Cry 3 will keep me company, though...

#45 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Dinner then drinks at a friends house. Lots of couples. I think I might shave first.

#46 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

It's kind of a lame life holiday if you don't drink or have a girlfriend. I'm going to get some pizza and play Mario Galaxy, maybe watch a little anime while I'm at it.

#47 Posted by kagato (920 posts) -

Was supposed to be going out but all my friends decided to be selfish and have children this year so its just me and my girlfriend and my old buddy Jack Daniels. Happy new year when it comes!

#48 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Never ever considered New Years Eve an event for me, wiping computer for a brand new year, sorting out what stuff I'm going to watch/listen to/play/read for January 2013. Might watch another episode of It's Always Sunny.

#49 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Alone and eating penuts.

#50 Posted by Superkenon (1433 posts) -

Chewin' bubblegum.

But I'm all out of bubblegum.