#1 Edited by Hizang (9359 posts) -

So In the UK some of us get a 4 day weekend due to the Queens Diamond Jubilee, mine work shut down on these days so awesome! So how will you be spending yours?

I'm going to finish up Syndicate and Sorcery, if I get any more time I may pick a game out of my backlog and just work on that. Might try getting back into Skyrim again too.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13332 posts) -

Working? And doing college work, because I'm a god damned adult living in suburban Michigan who doesn't get '4-day weekends' even on holidays.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13332 posts) -

...and on that note, in my off time, I'm playing Max Payne 3 on the PC (which is amazing so far), and also more Diablo. I'm clickin' on the devil until he explodes, baby.

#4 Posted by hoossy (1047 posts) -

I have a months long weekend... school's out for summer!

#5 Posted by ESREVER (2821 posts) -

Preparing for my trip to Tokyo on Monday.

#6 Posted by ashleychittock (153 posts) -

Studying. Last uni exam of the year is on thursday. :(

Oh well, at least the Euros starts the day after I finish. Dat timing.

#7 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3295 posts) -

Every day is my weekend.

#8 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (771 posts) -

I just got a treadmill because I know I need to lose weight but I am far too self-conscious to go to a gym or run outside.

Aside from running on that, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, listening to music from Rhythm Heaven Fever on YouTube (ameba2 has an entire series of perfect runs of all the songs.)

Also I plan on getting into a cupboard which has for the past year been blocked by my bed. I know what's in there, mainly old board games and boxes of games, but I am also expecting spiders.

#9 Posted by Metzo_Paino (350 posts) -

Diablo 3 until 12pm, then work on my iOS app until around 7pm then Diablo until 12am then sleep

This has been my day plan for a while now though, all the jubilee has changed is that I'm even less likely to leave the house, (I live in London and expect it to be pandemonium anywhere near central).

#10 Posted by Moreau_MD (426 posts) -

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

#12 Edited by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -

Got tomorrow off, but then I gotta work Sunday. Managed to get a good shift bid and get Monday/Tuesday off this week so I will get to watch the E3 STUFF! This was the first year I had work around the same time and I was afraid I would miss it. E3 for me is like Christmas and whatever Super Mega Mania Cup Bowl those sports guys look forward to each year all rolled up into one. Plan to order a pizza and try my damdest to not have it eaten by the time the first live Steams start.

I was hoping my FF13/13-2 combo would have arrived by now, but it looks like I will need to start in on some other game in my backlog. So many dam games to pick from!

#13 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

I just see it as days off, don't over think it.

@SoothsayerGB said:

E3

I find it amazing that the bank holidays falls under E3 so I get to watch it.

#14 Posted by freakin9 (1187 posts) -

We'll just have to see how well it goes with a girl I'm going to meet. If I'm watching the Jersey game tonight... not well enough.

#15 Posted by Philantrophy (356 posts) -

Exam on Tuesday, then I will have glorious freedom.

#16 Posted by StingerMK2 (398 posts) -

today i will be going into a city to watch Prometheus and get drunk with my girlfriend, then tomorrow i will probably play minecraft or some shit, then monday and tuesday will be a combination of getting ready for Download festival, and trying my best not to get too drunk again, im very much looking forward to it!

#17 Posted by GODWASP (46 posts) -

Got my humble bundle for the weekend and E3 from monday.

#18 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

Just beat Syndicate, cool start to the weekend.

#19 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (842 posts) -

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee sounds like an awesome band name.

#20 Posted by Mister_V (1623 posts) -

Well I was going to catch up on some PC games but it started Blue screening today so I'll be trying to fix that. Oh and watching as much E3 as I can before work on Wednesday.

#21 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

same way I spend every weekend, alone with videogames

#22 Posted by ch3burashka (5529 posts) -

Furiously masturbating.

#23 Posted by Contrarian (1206 posts) -

We don't have that in Australia, but we do get a 3 day long weekend next week for her birthday - even though it isn't her birthday. I am a republican, but I do love the Queen for the day off we get for her. God save the Queen!

Loading Video...

Gotta love a long weekend. We get about 8 of them a year.

#24 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

I have to work this weekend.

#25 Posted by TobbRobb (5111 posts) -

I'm officially unemployed now. So... I got nothing. This is gonna be a looooooong vacation.

Maybe I should pick up Dragons Dogma...

#26 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6420 posts) -

Well, I'm currently on a three month vacation, but today I took the SAT exam and now I'm home about to play some video games.

#27 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6497 posts) -

Working. Shit's weak, but I have Tuesday through Friday off and will have to play just as hard as I've worked for the past seven days straight.

#28 Posted by nail1080 (2030 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

#29 Posted by Moreau_MD (426 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

Not sure if serious...

#30 Posted by nail1080 (2030 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

Not sure if serious...

You're not sure if I'm serious? Maybe you should have another look at the filth you posted, count yourself lucky if you're not arrested.

Allah save the queen

#31 Posted by Moreau_MD (426 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

Not sure if serious...

You're not sure if I'm serious? Maybe you should have another look at the filth you posted, count yourself lucky if you're not arrested.

Allah save the queen

Not if the flying spaghetti monster manages to have his way with her first!

#32 Posted by nail1080 (2030 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

Not sure if serious...

You're not sure if I'm serious? Maybe you should have another look at the filth you posted, count yourself lucky if you're not arrested.

Allah save the queen

Not if the flying spaghetti monster manages to have his way with her first!

Flying spaghetti monster save the queen then :D

#33 Posted by Moreau_MD (426 posts) -

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

Not sure if serious...

You're not sure if I'm serious? Maybe you should have another look at the filth you posted, count yourself lucky if you're not arrested.

Allah save the queen

Not if the flying spaghetti monster manages to have his way with her first!

Flying spaghetti monster save the queen then :D

Oh...he'll 'save' her alright. Here's a hint...he's not actually made of spaghetti if you know what I mean.

#34 Posted by nail1080 (2030 posts) -

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

@nail1080 said:

@Moreau_MD said:

Working...but, to be honest, I find the fact that we still have a monarchy (powerless though it may be), and this whole event in general, nauseating. This isn't helped by the fact that the Windsor family are all thick as shit, yet have had undeserved adoration and wealth bestowed upon them since the beginning. It's embarrassing that we're in a recession that has cost many their jobs and purpose in life, and yet, we still spend millions to see an old biddy, her inbred ghastly progeny, and her two dogs float down the Thames...

You are a disgrace to your country and a racist. Shame on you for using such foul language when talking about our beloved queen. Get a life and stop being so bitter against one of the greatest people in the world who keeps your country afloat. God save the queen.

Not sure if serious...

You're not sure if I'm serious? Maybe you should have another look at the filth you posted, count yourself lucky if you're not arrested.

Allah save the queen

Not if the flying spaghetti monster manages to have his way with her first!

Flying spaghetti monster save the queen then :D

Oh...he'll 'save' her alright. Here's a hint...he's not actually made of spaghetti if you know what I mean.

Flying spaghetti fuck the queen then.

#35 Posted by matthias2437 (992 posts) -

@TooWalrus: you semester hasn't ended yet?

But I live in America and don't get a 4 day weekend but either way I'm going to be spending my weekend working on a game engine, since it's my job and I don't get days off hah.

#36 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

I'll be working Sunday & Tuesday. So it's not all great.

#37 Posted by Bollard (6405 posts) -

E3 and revision, what a combination.

#38 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11969 posts) -

If I were living in England, I would break into wherever I worked and worked on this supposed Diamond Jubilee Day because the hell with royalty, monarchs, and all that other BS.

#39 Posted by ShadowVirus (835 posts) -

I finished my first year of Uni earlier this week, so this 4 day weekend is just another 4 days of my 3 and half months off.

#40 Posted by laserbolts (5445 posts) -

Only have a 2 day weekend and I worked one of them. Drunk on the vodka at the moment and going to play some diablo for Sunday.

#41 Posted by aquamarin (657 posts) -

Furious training regimen to get my body ready for e3.

#42 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

I went out to a friends party last night and got very drunky, thankfully no hangover.

#43 Posted by wastedcolumbo (73 posts) -

Trying to figure out whether to call it the JubilE3 or the Jubileelectronic entertainment expo apart from that it's pretty much the same plan I have for the Olympics and that is to try and avoid all broadcast television in the hopes of keeping my sanity, did the same for the royal wedding too, on the plus side though I did get 120 tins of beer at less than 50p a tin.

#44 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1096 posts) -

@SpartanAmbrose said:

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee sounds like an awesome band name.

That band would be fucking wack.

#45 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1089 posts) -

My current class schedule gives me a 4 day weekend Every Week, and I gotta tell ya, this past 4 day weekend has been one of the best!