• 97 results
#1 Posted by mikecardii (236 posts) -

Just so that I can make sure I don't miss a live bombcast or a press conference?

#2 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Purty damn bad.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Kinda bad. You can always catch them late.

#4 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

yea they archive most of the stuff and every videogame site will have news out the ass, but what ever floats your boat

#5 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

So bad. Judging you sort of bad.

#6 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

All that stuff is easily archived. Why not just watch it at your own convenience. I could see if you were going to E3 or something

#7 Posted by mikecardii (236 posts) -

Yep this is what I thought... I have a problem.

#8 Posted by washablemarkers (93 posts) -

Not bad. Back when I was able to do that, I would try to take off for the press conferences.

I love all the coverage but it can be a bit much to keep on top of if you're not watching it live.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

Not bad. If I could, I would as well. E3 is the one exciting part of the year for me.

#10 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

If it was next year's E3, with new consoles and stuff, I'd say not so bad. But this year's E3 seems like it's gonna be kinda boring, so pretty bad.

#11 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

That is really, really bad. Giant Bomb may be awesome, but so is having a job. Plus, E3 is boring as hell and there's never anything so important that it needs to be seen right away.

#12 Posted by mikecardii (236 posts) -
@Jrinswand
That is really, really bad. Giant Bomb may be awesome, but so is having a job. Plus, E3 is boring as hell and there's never anything so important that it needs to be seen right away.
I've got vacation time out the ass and it's not like it's a busy time of year at my job.
#13 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

You are the worst kind of person.  You are the scum of the earth

#14 Posted by wemibelec90 (1624 posts) -

This year? Really bad. I have a feeling this year is going to be fairly boring and stale, aside from the games we're already excited about. Maybe I'll be wrong.

#15 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4704 posts) -

Not bad. I did it when I had a job. I took days off for big LOST episodes too.

#16 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

I do the same every year. I equate it to people taking off for the NFL/NBA draft.

#17 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

It's not the worst thing in the world but it is still pretty bad.

#18 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Its pretty pathetic.

#19 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

If you have the vacation time go for it, time off is great and planning it during E3 so you can follow all the coverage is actually a cool idea.

#20 Edited by Niall_Sg1 (362 posts) -

Pretty bad. I mean at least wait for next year.

#21 Posted by TheRealJpoe (134 posts) -

Not bad at all. I'm taking off work to watch E3 coverage as well. Easily my favorite part of the year, so it's worth it to me.

#22 Posted by punisherkaos (273 posts) -

When I was younger I did that one year. That wouldn't fly with my work now tho

#23 Posted by Milkman (16647 posts) -

Do what you want. Who cares what other people think?

#24 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -
@mikecardii: Treat yourself sometimes. If this is your treat, so be it. No need to feel bad. 
#25 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

Seeing it live really has no benefits since the chat is garbage. Probably would have been better off just watching it archived. So yeah that's bad.

#26 Posted by ObsideonDarman (650 posts) -

Don't let anyone judge you man. Do whatever the fuck you want, it's your life after all.

#27 Posted by MegaLombax (387 posts) -

Some people take a week off for holidays, how is that any different from you taking off to do something that you want to do? You dont have to justify yourself to people dude.

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

Nah, perfectly fine- the live chats and bombcast are hell of fun- well worth it.

#29 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

You're worse than Hitler.

#30 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

You're worse than Hitler.

Hitler did take a week off one time for E3 so I wouldn't go that far.
#31 Posted by Floope (190 posts) -

Patience is a sign of intelligence?

#32 Posted by NegativeCero (2995 posts) -

You're not the only one I'm sure. Can't say I would do the same.

#33 Posted by yoshisaur (2701 posts) -

@mikecardii said:

Just so that I can make sure I don't miss a live bombcast or a press conference?

Why is it bad? I think the major problem here is your lack of self esteem that you think it's anything different than someone calling a day off to go watch a football game.

Long story short, no.

#34 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

E3's a bunch of shit other than the stuff Giant Bomb puts out, and that's at night or posted as video content on the site. If you're telling me you're excited about the bullshit that publishers will be forcing down your throat, then I feel bad for you and I hope you get help.

If you're outside the U.S. and the Bombcasts occur during the day though, immediately purchase your place of work and burn it down for the insurance money. You're taking the week off to watch the Giant Bomb crew live.

#35 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

Usually if i'm taking time off it's to go somewhere, or see people i couldn't see usually. I could understand taking a day off for a game you are excited for or something. But this just seems like a waste of a week. If I was you I'd at least go on a holiday somewhere and consume the GB content somewhere away from home!!!

#36 Posted by RadixNegative2 (511 posts) -

I'm stopping my internship a week early before summer classes start so I can watch all the E3 stuff.

Last couple of years of Giant Bomb E3 live broadcasts have been amazing and I wouldn't miss it this year for anything (especially the talks with developers and all the crazy stories that get told).

#37 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

meh, you can always watch it later as video game sites are going to be reporting it. i can't wait it's pretty exciting time.

#38 Posted by wafflez (524 posts) -

I don't see a problem here. I've kicked around the idea of requesting a few days off for it as well.

#39 Posted by MrSlapHappy (182 posts) -

Heh, I thought it was because you had tickets to the show floor. Its kind of bad if you are just going to sit around and watch it on the internet. Meh, its your vacation days.

#40 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

@mikecardii said:

I've got vacation time out the ass and it's not like it's a busy time of year at my job.

If that's the case then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just call it a stay-cation that just so happens to coincide with E3. Enjoy it!

#41 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

It wouldn't be as bad if you were going to be attending. You easily could just watch everything after work everyday, that's what I did last year. I would come home, make some dinner, find out new annoucements and watch the previous days live podcast, they were pretty good about putting that stuff up.

#42 Edited by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

It's not like your boss can fire you for doing something pathetic.

#43 Edited by Brendan (7753 posts) -

Let's be realistic: If you have a bunch of vacation time and this is a vacation from work, then it's not too bad.

Let's look at it from another perspective though: If you're using you vacation time to sit by yourself and not see other people, then it's probably not the healthiest use of vacation time. If you don't have friends and this comment bummed you out than I apologize.

#44 Posted by mikecardii (236 posts) -
@artgarcrunkle

It's not like your boss can fire you for doing something pathetic.

Hahaha he would probably try though lmao.
#45 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Bad.

#46 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

I've requested time off for stupider shit.

#47 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

You deserve to have someone shit in your mouf!

but then again nothing like being up at 2 in the morn' and watching the rage in the GB chat :)

#48 Posted by Demoskinos (14757 posts) -

Fuck all these guys man.. if its what you wanna do with your time and your not worried about giving up your work hours for the week fucking go for it and have a blast!

#49 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

ummm pretty bad dont do it they always post everthing

#50 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@mikecardii said:

Yep this is what I thought... I have a problem.

Fuck them, fuck that, fuck them. Look at these guys, pieces of shit.

Do what the fuck you want. The Electronic Three gets me horny, so more time I have to soak up the content the second it breaks, the better!