• 62 results
#1 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

So, I just had my thanksgiving dinner with my family (I live in Canada and thanksgiving was on Oct 8th - we had it a few days later because of work) and they gave me half of a pecan-pumpkin pie to take back home for me and my roommates. Today, I saw that pie still in the fridge so I decided to take a piece. I just took it out and started eating it. No microwave, no nothing.

My roommate was in the room when I was doing this and thought I was crazy for not putting it into the microwave. I didn't think it was weird at all; it's just the way my family and I eat leftover pumpkin pie. If it were any other pie (apple, blueberry, etc) I would probably heat it up, but never pumpkin pie. Am a crazy weirdo (like my roommate said) for eating it this way? Does anyone else only eat leftover pumpkin pie this way or is it just me?

#2 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Your roommate is bad and he should feel bad.

#3 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

@PerryVandell: "she," but you're right. Pumpkin pie is best served cold in my opinion.

#4 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

@TheMathlete said:

@PerryVandell: "she," but you're right. Pumpkin pie is best served cold in my opinion.

Revenge goes best with pumpkin pie as well. I'll hear no arguments on the matter.

#5 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1452 posts) -

Oh man, I haven't had Pumpkin Pie in so long. Damn it, I want some Pumpkin Pie now but it's almost 1a.m. =(

#6 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Now't to worry about. I'd sprinkle it with chilli flakes and Sriracha <3

#7 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung: you're crazy... CRAZY! Sounds good though.

#8 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

most of my life i been eating it cold but i microwaved it last time and it was awesome

#9 Edited by JackOhara (227 posts) -

I dunno what pumpkin pie is like, but I know for a fact that most fruit pies are better warm, like blueberry, blackberry, apple etc.

EDIT: god I want some pie now

#10 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

I think I'm going to have another piece. Maybe I'll try it microwaved... no I won't.

#11 Posted by IzzyGraze (850 posts) -

I usually have it cold but that's store bought pie. I might warm up homemade pumpkin pie.

#12 Posted by JackOhara (227 posts) -

@TheMathlete said:

I think I'm going to have another piece. Maybe I'll try it microwaved... no I won't.

Maybe cut a little sliver and try it that way?

#13 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

@JackOhara: too late. And there's none left.

#14 Posted by Milkman (16781 posts) -

Microwave pumpkin pie? I've never even heard of that. Keep on trucking, you're doing it right.

#15 Posted by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

I've always ate pumpkin pie cold.

#16 Posted by JackOhara (227 posts) -

@TheMathlete: in that case you're fucked til next year, or maybe christmas if you backwards canucks celebrate that

#17 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

In my opinion it's best not to eat pumpkin pie at all.

THAT'S RIGHT. FUCK PUMPKIN.

#18 Posted by crazyleaves (645 posts) -
@JackOhara

I dunno what pumpkin pie is like, but I know for a fact that most fruit pies are better warm, like blueberry, blackberry, apple etc.

EDIT: god I want some pie now

What is wrong with you?

Pumpkin pie is at it's best the day after when you take it out of the fridge and eat what's left. I prefer pecan pie room temp, but I'm not picky.
#19 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

@xobballox: I'm not usually into pumpkin pie actually. I guess that's why I only eat it once or twice a year.

#20 Posted by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

Now that it has been mentioned: I think it is kind of weird to heat most dessert pies.

#21 Posted by JackOhara (227 posts) -

@xobballox said:

#22 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@TheMathlete said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung: you're crazy... CRAZY! Sounds good though.

There is method to the madness and good reasoning, chili and pumpkin go so well together!

Pimpin Pumpkin Relish

Gently boil small chunks of Pumpkin so it's fully cooked but still firm, then place into a frying pan with a little Chinese chilli oil (the stuff with dried shrimp at the bottom) and a small sprinkle of red chilli flakes. Fry gently for 7 -10 mins - cook down till it's soft. Then spread it on crispy toast or use as a burger relish.

I often add chunks of fresh pumpkin to hot chicken curries also.

#23 Posted by SgtSphynx (1383 posts) -

I don't think I've ever eaten pumpkin pie warm.

#24 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

The insanity here is that anyone would eat pumpkin as a dessert

#25 Edited by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Why the fuck would you eat pumpkin pie warm in the first place? What the fuck are we, cavemen?

Also, if you think pies are better warm, you're doing it wrong and your tastebuds are deficient in the area of understand deliciousness.

#26 Edited by eskimo (477 posts) -

I feel like the US missed the point of pies. Its all key lime pie and pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MEAT PIES!? What am I meant to eat at 2am in the morning when I cant see my hands or feel my teeth?

In conclusion, you should eat that pie warm. Not hot, not cold, but warm. The microwave would be perfect.

#27 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (781 posts) -

If it's pumpkin pie, I don't care. As long as I can put it in my mouth (and not die).

#28 Posted by animathias (1186 posts) -

I'm right there with ya. One of the best things about the Holidays for me is grabbing a piece of pumpkin pie out of the fridge. 

Come to think of it, the only time I ever really eat it warm or hot is the day it's made, but when I think about pumpkin pie, the chilled taste is what comes to mind.

#29 Posted by Nightriff (5075 posts) -

Dump a shit load of whip cream on top of the pie and fuckin DEVOUR it. That is how I always eat my pumpkin pie

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@PerryVandell said:

Your roommate is bad and he should feel bad.

I just came out of a billion Futurama clips. Too soon.

#31 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5451 posts) -

Pumpkin pie with whip cream is good and that's about the only topping I can think of that goes with it (plain is fine of course, though you feel kind of silly eating it; a pizza slice of pie).

#32 Posted by Getz (3004 posts) -

Cold pie, e'ery day. The only pie I like hot is apple pie.

#33 Posted by j0lter (231 posts) -

I only ever have pumpkin pie cold, never thought of heating it up. Hrmmm

#34 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -
@xobballox

In my opinion it's best not to eat pumpkin pie at all.

A man after my own heart. Anti-pumpkin brigade assemble!
#35 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

The best way to eat pumpkin pie is to put a small amount in your mouth, not too much though or you might choke. Then you chew it up so it's easy enough to swallow. Then you swallow. Then you take another small bite and repeat. I should know because that's how I eat my pumpkin pie.

#36 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1246 posts) -

Pumpkin Pie is the best. Shove it in your mouth!!!

#37 Posted by Ben_H (3354 posts) -

Cold is the only way to eat pumpkin pie. To be honest warm pumpkin pie doesn't actually sound very appetizing.

#38 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Who the fuck microwaves pumpkin pie?

#39 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Cold pumpkin pie is good, especially when you top it with a little whipped cream.

#40 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Pumpkin pie is served cold. Also, blended into a milkshake which is also cold.

#41 Posted by Ben_H (3354 posts) -
@CL60 said:

Who the fuck microwaves pumpkin pie?

Crazy people, that's who. People I don't want to be associated with.
#42 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3149 posts) -

Let the garbage can eat it.

#43 Posted by mlarrabee (2949 posts) -

Heat it up, leave it cold; I've done both.

Cold more often than hot, I think.

And there must be whipped cream if it's reheated.

#44 Posted by Dalai (7028 posts) -

Eat it warm when fresh, eat it cold any time after.

You did it just right.

#45 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Pumpkin pie is the only one I ever will have it sometimes warmed in the microwave 30-45 seconds or straight out of the fridge with some nutmeg on top of it. Most other fruit pies, unless fresh out of the oven were best when from the fridge for me just because when they are heated they tend to fall apart. Fruit cobbler on the other hand, better when warmed up.

#46 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

Nah, you're fine, cold pumpkin pie is still good stuff. I still like to put some whipped cream on it, though. Pie just feels incomplete without it. 

Holy shit, I can't wait until American Thanksgiving. I'm gonna start going calorie deficient now so I can gorge myself guilt free on the big day. I will embrace my gluttony!

#47 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

@TheMathlete: good sir you are not crazy your roommate is. pumpkin pie is eaten cold.

#48 Posted by white_sox (209 posts) -

@EXTomar said:

Now that it has been mentioned: I think it is kind of weird to heat most dessert pies.

Agreed. I have never put a pie in the microwave.

#49 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Yeah, I typically eat it cold. I don't see an issue with warming it up, throwing it in the microwave for ten or so seconds on medium.

#50 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Getz said:

Cold pie, e'ery day. The only pie I like hot is apple pie.

And there's... other pie we'd take nice'n warm, ain't that right?

No?

Okay.