How Best to Support My Back?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

I recently got a new laptop. This past Saturday, in fact. As such I now sit on my bed with my back against the wall. Now I don't know about you, but my back starts to hurt even if I'm just washing the dishes. I'm not sure what it is honestly. So in other words I'm looking for any pillows, or whatever, that maybe you recommend that will best suit my back.

To me this seems like a pretty odd question to be asking, so I'm hoping I am not alone in this.

P.S. You can also recommend me a mouse while you're at it. I would like wired, not wireless. Also, I don't ever use programmable buttons so I am looking for something functional and simple. One more thing, I don't think this needs to be said, but no ball mouse please.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I sleep with 6 pillows (four normal and 2 throw-sized) so whenever I'm on my bed gaming or whatever I just make them into a chair. Get more pillows.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By thebeast

Chances are your back is just weak - strengthening it through correct posture and excercise will probably fix everything.  
Until you can do that, make sure you sit on a proper seat wherever possible, always keep your back straight, don't hunch forward to reach your laptop and try raising it off the bed/surface with cushions (I use one of these) .

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Godwind
@TheBeast said:
" Chances are your back is just weak - strengthening it through correct posture and excercise will probably fix everything.  
Until you can do that, make sure you sit on a proper seat wherever possible, always keep your back straight and don't hunching forward to reach your laptop and try raising it off the bed/surface with cushions (I use one of these) . "
Wii fit can correct that, lol.
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Crono

OP:  Since the posture part has been addressed, I have to ask, what sort of game and applications will you need your mouse for?  If you are looking for a good gaming mouse, I would look at a Razer mouse.  I bought a Razer Diamondback from them about 3 years ago for only 20 bucks (it was during one of their "48 hour madness" deals, keep an eye on those if you want good deals for games and accessories).  The mouse is smooth, glides across my mat, very accurate, comfortable, ergonomically designed for left and right hand use, is backlit and perhaps most importantly, it is built to last.  Oh I forgot to mention, it is also wired as you requested :)  Yes, it does have programmable buttons.  I realize you don't need those, but if you were to ignore that, it still packs quite a punch.  I only programmed one of my buttons, I use it for Ventrilo/Skype push-to-talk function.

Here is a link to GoGamer if you want to keep an eye on the 48 hour sales they have: http://www.gogamer.com/
Here is a link to the Razer Diamondback website, purely to just see it and if it is for you or not:  http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-diamondback-3g/  Ignore the price on this site as you can easily find the mouse for a much better price elsewhere on the net, and for a steal on GoGamer if you catch it on there during the 48 hour sale I have mentioned far too much.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keyser_Soze

tricep dips low down will if done correctly help with your lower back. I know it helped strengthen my muscles down there.

Remember kids exercise prevents illnesses. Prevention is better than cure.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Listen to Jayge, pillows are an awesome thing to have around

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I have a feeling Linkyshinks will know how to fix this..........

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

i would say go fall off a skateboard. my dad has a bad back and i remember one time me and my friend were hanging around. my dad tried to ollie on the skateboard, fell and then got up and said that his back felt better. my dad aslso has a bed thing that he hangs upside down. it doesn't go all the way upside down just about a long of this angle \.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo
@iam3green said:
" i would say go fall off a skateboard. my dad has a bad back and i remember one time me and my friend were hanging around. my dad tried to ollie on the skateboard, fell and then got up and said that his back felt better. my dad aslso has a bed thing that he hangs upside down. it doesn't go all the way upside down just about a long of this angle \. "
I would say that TheBest is correct in his assumption that my back is just weak. I don't work out or anything, and don't believe I have a bad back.

As for the mouse, Crono, it doesn't really matter (as far as applications are concerned). I enjoy this Dell mouse currently, that I disconnect from the desktop computer. Of course people need to use the mouse so that's why I can't rely on this one 24/7. I'll look around though, thanks.