How Can I Be More Active/Known in GiantBomb?

• 179 results
Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By Mezmero

Exceeding the popularity of the Bomb crew is tantamount to sacrilege. Tread lightly young one...

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By TruthTellah

@video_game_king said:

@truthtellah:

Could it not be both of us? Would the people have succeeded if not for my ever-guiding hand? Do you believe such frail beings could survive without assistance, let alone prosper?

I am no normal man. My self is infinite, and within it, I hold the power of all.

Have you not seen the rise of the independent? Have you not seen the people supporting their own champions? You are a remnant of the past! You are not infinite. Like all monarchs, you will either fall or fade into irrelevance. You are already dead.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not sure. I guess post things that others will find interesting and memorable. Don't become white noise that people skip over. That tells you nothing of course but It is how I have got to remember people.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Follow every user on the site. Enough will follow back that it will seem like you're popular or something.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#105  Edited By Video_Game_King

@truthtellah:

The independent only have a place because of how well the industry as a whole is doing. It is because of me that they are as great a force as they are.

Well, I am technically a zombie, but that comes with the position. You must be willing to die for your country to be a King, and the best way to see if you're willing is to actually die. Still a better system than your democracies, which redefine the ignorance of the masses as legitimate. You simply trusted your own collective idiocy over the wisdom of one. That is all.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been wondering that for a long time too. Then again after 9000 posts I'd hope someone would recognize me here.

The trick really is to blog well and blog often, or just do something awesome that the community gets all excited for. I just don't have time or willpower to do any of that stuff.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@medalofmode: When you discover the secret to this, please let me know. I'm like a high post count without a personality attached.

• Tomorrow I'm recording the first Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line podcast.

Oh, so the podcast has a name now? Right on.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By Mrsignerman44

It's not worth it, at the end of the day it's just a forum.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

@toowalrus: Haha, actually, that's one I'm doing with DuskVamp tomorrow, beforehand.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Post numerous threads ranting about the mods, staff members, beloved games and being controversial, in general.

Also, get a more unique avatar.

Your avatar picture is the most important thing online. I've used Kurtis Prinny since websites started to allow images for avatars. I've never seen anyone else use my avatar image on general websites and video game websites. I imagine a forum specifically for Disgaea would have a bunch of people using it, but that isn't seen outside those places.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By stryker1121

Why do you want to be known? I've got close to a thousand posts no one knows who I am and let me say that it is GREAT.

No one expects anything from me or is watching me with their ever vigilant internet eyes, I'm carefree as can be.

Word, son.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ssully said:

@abendlaender said:

As a beloved and popular Giant Bomb user myself I can provide you with a number of great tips, in my upcoming book called: "I used to be a unknown user but then I took an arrow to the knee and read this book and now I'm super famous"

It will teach you everything about how to cleverly use memes that will stay relevant and funny forever.

Who are you?

Looks like he successfully made himself known.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If we take the wise words of Persona 4, popularity leads to intimacy. With some deductive reasoning like woah son, we can also say that intimacy leads to popularity. So, you're going to have to get real intimate on these forums.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I know I may be a bit late on this, but @wrighteous86 said:

Really? Awesome. I wasn't sure if you and @duskvamp were actually going to do this, but it still sounds like an interesting idea to me. My only question is where to get it.

And to answer the proper question: I dunno, hang around here, post interesting/salient/dumb stuff, maybe pick a fight or two, you'll get known quickly enough. Or don't care, like the majority of people tend to do, and you might just start to be recognised by osmosis.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah:

The independent only have a place because of how well the industry as a whole is doing. It is because of me that they are as great a force as they are.

Well, I am technically a zombie, but that comes with the position. You must be willing to die for your country to be a King, and the best way to see if you're willing is to actually die. Still a better system than your democracies, which redefine the ignorance of the masses as legitimate. You simply trusted your own collective idiocy over the wisdom of one. That is all.

At least with freedom people get the chance to choose. Videogames must decide their own fate.

Now, get on the train and accept that the day is lost for you but won for all videogames. If you truly care about them, you'll let them go. Don't worry, you still have a place around these parts, but we all decide for ourselves. :)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#116  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Be argumentative, uncompromising, and utterly obnoxious, all written in a way that makes it seem like your post was put through google translate. It also helps if you post in every thread about how terrible console games are and how the Total War series is amazing.

Alternatively, be a complete moron and post in every thread, and occasionally make really inane polls about the mundanities of life.

Alternatively, be that guy who defends and trumpets Nintendo at every opportunity. We haven't had those guys for a while...

Or, just don't be a shithead, post intelligently and eventually people will go "Oh, you're the guy who likes all the weird old games and Fire Emblem".

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zFUBARz

No, you're Batman.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contribute to the community, eventualy, the more you write, the more you will develop a personality to your writing, then people will attach your attitude to your name, or if they are like me, you'r avatar (dont you fucking dare change that avatar)

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use more skill.

Be argumentative, uncompromising, and utterly obnoxious, all written in a way that makes it seem like your post was put through google translate. It also helps if you post in every thread about how terrible console games are and how the Total War series is amazing.

Alternatively, be a complete moron and post in every thread, and occasionally make really inane polls about the mundanities of life.

Alternatively, be that guy who defends and trumpets Nintendo at every opportunity. We haven't had those guys for a while...

Or, just don't be a shithead, post intelligently and eventually people will go "Oh, you're the guy who likes all the weird old games and Fire Emblem".

The first one is WhyAreYouCrouchingSpock and the second one is Jay444111, right? See, it totally works, their legacy still lives on even though they are long gone (but not forgotten.)

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By NekuSakuraba

For the low low price of $49.95 I will send you the secrets of Giant bomb popularity, here is sample of what you will get -

- How to attract other users*

- How to make people comment on your blogs*

- How to find and kill the video game king*

- The address of all the mods on the site, so you can take them hostage and request infinite power on the site*

Please, send your payment to the following email address - TouchhershoulderFYOD@gmail.com

*I do not take any responsibility for the above suggestions not working, please pay and use at your own risk.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

The Hizane school of posting.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Winternet

Go to the forums page every 6 hours and post in every topic on the first page, even if you don't know anything about the subject at hand. And with time, you'll get there.

Edit: Actually, that's a terrible advice. You shouldn't do that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Humanity

@rpgee said:

I know I may be a bit late on this, but @wrighteous86 said:

Really? Awesome. I wasn't sure if you and @duskvamp were actually going to do this, but it still sounds like an interesting idea to me. My only question is where to get it.

And to answer the proper question: I dunno, hang around here, post interesting/salient/dumb stuff, maybe pick a fight or two, you'll get known quickly enough. Or don't care, like the majority of people tend to do, and you might just start to be recognised by osmosis.

Don't remind me! I will never forgive @wrighteous86 .. how DARE he get a cute gamer girlfriend like @duskvamp on an internet forum, about video games.. the audacity is mind boggling!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just be totally sick.

No Caption Provided

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Cloudenvy

Stick to the shadows and be our invisible hero! That's what I do, I single-handedly stop the GB forums from imploding every other week.

Seeing the innocent smiles of all the avatars makes it all worth it though.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By superfriend
  • Post long, boring wads of text about your life and your feelings.
  • Ask for "girl advice" on the forums.
  • Be way into anime.
  • Defend everything the GB staff people do/say/write, except for Patrick.
  • Throw a tantrum whenever Patrick is in a Quicklook.

You´ll fit right in!

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only I knew...

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

Get banned...

Edit: Actually, don't get banned. That probably wont help. Just be yourself and comment.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post picks of cute girls. People will think you are either awesome or weird. Mostly weird, but you will be noticed. *cough*

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#132  Edited By MildMolasses

Have you suggested a game for the next Endurance Run yet?

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133  Edited By Kazona

Hack the site and reset everyone's post count to zero.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By leebmx

Be polite and respectful at all times........

EDIT: Bwaaaahahahha...

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Touch her shoulder, fake your own de-wait this isn't that kind of thread?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Did you mean Hizang? Because I agree. I haven't seen him for a while though...

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Cloudenvy

@humanity said:

Hizang got banned. : (

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Yes I meant Hizang. I hear he got banned or something but when asked others to elaborate on the matter no one did. Needless to say he's not posting anymore and quite frankly as much as I love to see threads like "what shoe do you put on first, left or right?" I think we're all much better for it.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By RazielCuts

@humanity: @cloudenvy: Whaaaa? When? I know he was a bit trollish and clogged up the forums with his inane forum topics about favourite *insert blank here* but he was our inane troll. No malice behind it. Looking on his profile last activity was 6 days ago? Although someone mentioning him being 'gone' is 20 days ago. Does a ban just work that you can't post anymore but still can get sub content? GB was kind of his life judging by his blog/forum posts, he spent a lot of time on here, I feel a tad sorry for him if true :(

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@razielcuts: I would guess its just a forum ban, but that's purely speculation on my part. I know it's possible to be banned separately from the posting in the forums or editing the database

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is well known people on here?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razielcuts: I would guess its just a forum ban, but that's purely speculation on my part. I know it's possible to be banned separately from the posting in the forums or editing the database

Not anymore. Now it's a full ban.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

Post picks of cute girls. People will think you are either awesome or weird. Mostly weird, but you will be noticed. *cough*

No Caption Provided

Just Like that?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#144  Edited By LiquidPrince

@mcghee said:

The middle girl kinda reminds me of an Asian Keira Knightly. Cute.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#145  Edited By Snail

@penguindust said:

Post some modeling pics.

Nice throwback reference. I chuckled.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcghee said:

The middle girl kinda reminds me of an Asian Keira Knightly. Cute.

Nicole from Kara.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TruthTellah
envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Video_Game_King

No, it isn't. Choice and interactivity are quite separate. The subversion of choice, influence and power are every bit as important to video games as are their presence. Would the deaths of Sigurd of Chalphy or Aeris Gainsborough have been more poignant if your decisions could have steered them away from such a terrible fate? For all the choice and freedom that Stocke is allowed, is he ever able to save Kiel? Where, pray tell, does freedom from the Slave Crown get Terra Branford? Remember that she did not wear the crown all her life, or even for the majority of her life; it was only put on quite recently within the terms of the narrative. In video games, choice is nothing.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it isn't. Choice and interactivity are quite separate. The subversion of choice, influence and power are every bit as important to video games as are their presence. Would the deaths of Sigurd of Chalphy or Aeris Gainsborough have been more poignant if your decisions could have steered them away from such a terrible fate? For all the choice and freedom that Stocke is allowed, is he ever able to save Kiel? Where, pray tell, does freedom from the Slave Crown get Terra Branford? Remember that she did not wear the crown all her life, or even for the majority of her life; it was only put on quite recently within the terms of the narrative. In video games, choice is nothing.

Choice is everything, even if you choose to be part of a preset narrative. A videogame is but code unless you press x to progress the dialogue and take your next action. A lot may be predestined, but videogames allow you to be a part of it. Just like life. Videogames are an empowering medium that cannot tell a tale without your role in it.