Posted by Fredchuckdave (4473 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

How deep is 'deep'? (100 votes)

Obamadeep 6%
James Earl Jonesdeep 36%
Michael Clarke Duncandeep 16%
Tony Jaydeep 2%
Liam Neesondeep 15%
Mariana's Trench 25%

Inspired by: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/how-tall-is-tall-1423899/#67

Personally I have an extremely deep voice, though obviously I can't really tell and don't listen to recordings of my own voice all that often; but it's probably amongst the top 5 or so of anyone I've ever met (say roughly 20000 people). The best anecdote I could give is from when I worked at McDonald's during college, naturally I got a ridiculous number of people telling me to get into radio (and a few short lived opportunities therein), which I suppose could have been a potential career path for also not finding a job. However there was this one guy who said essentially "I was expecting this giant dude, with huge hands (like Michael Clarke Duncan I suppose), then I got you." I'm 6'1 and relatively thin though not altogether unimposing, but I'm certainly not MCD, God rest his soul.

I guess Obamadeep is probably the threshold for me, though for anyone who doesn't have a deep voice nor an accent as long as they don't sound incredibly nerdy they all sound relatively similar to me; I can recognize voices but distinguishing their depth is fairly difficult above a certain range.

#1 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4473 posts) -

I guess you can't edit poll posts? Others for consideration: Clancy Browndeep, the Big Aristotledeep, and the normal Aristotle.

#2 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

Tay Zonday deep

#3 Edited by AndrewB (7187 posts) -

Sarevok is perfection. So Kevin Michael Richardson wins. I will seek him out in various media just to listen to his voice.

#4 Edited by JasonR86 (9366 posts) -

Once you see it in the stomach.

#5 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4473 posts) -

Brad Shoemakerdeep perhaps, though his ability to go into high pitches means his voice isn't quite that deep; personally apart from shrill laughter I'm completely unable to go into anything of a middling range; I suppose when I yell I barely cross the threshold of baritone.

@andrewb: I see your Baldur's Gate and raise you Baldur's Gate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN8xFUPirec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJpZaip2QjQ < Only video with any sort of quality to it; despite the myriad other issues. Thralldeep, Hellscreamdeep, and Mannorothdeep all in one!

#6 Posted by TheHT (10257 posts) -

Balls.

#7 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1853 posts) -

So deep it put her ass to sleep.

#8 Posted by AndrewB (7187 posts) -
#9 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

i clicked her with no context and was disappointed

#10 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4282 posts) -

Balls deep, son.

#11 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I'm sorry, but it's the motherfucking Marianas Trench son:

The Mariana Trench or Marianas Trench[1] is the deepest part of the world's oceans. It is located in the western Pacific Ocean, to the east of the Mariana Islands. The trench is about 2,550 kilometres (1,580 mi) long but has an average width of only 69 kilometres (43 mi). It reaches a maximum-known depth of 10.911 km (10,911 ± 40 m) or 6.831 mi (36,069 ± 131 ft) at the Challenger Deep, a small slot-shaped valley in its floor, at its southern end,[2] although some unrepeated measurements place the deepest portion at 11.03 kilometres (6.85 mi).[3]

#12 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

Liam Deepson.

#13 Posted by TheHT (10257 posts) -

Antonio Bandeepos

#14 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Is this it? The "thing" of 2013 forum threads? Man, 2013 is a bummer.

#15 Posted by BBQBram (2164 posts) -

Together we can win this fight for Mr. Jones.

#16 Posted by Hunter5024 (5165 posts) -

This thread reminds me that I wish my voice was deeper.

#17 Edited by Aterons (198 posts) -

So deep it put her ass to sleep.

Completely unrelated to the topic and from the pov of someone who has never seen this before I have to say that the final scene when he decides to enter the house while dozens of SWAT are on his tail... coupled with the car + neighborhood he was in seemed like it was made to bring back san andreas flash backs.

#18 Posted by Atwa (562 posts) -

Balls deep?

#19 Edited by believer258 (11035 posts) -

You know the big guy in Underworld? Yeah, his voice is unedited as far as I know. But James Earl Jones wins.

#20 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4473 posts) -

Bump since the poll is still inconclusive, Midichlorians vs the circle is now complete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN1sLcAQnw

#21 Posted by Dalai (6876 posts) -

Brad Shoedeeper.

#22 Posted by Andorski (5107 posts) -

#23 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1853 posts) -

@aterons: I bet that the guys at Rockstar drew some inspiration from that music video, so it's more like the other way around, San Andreas was made to evoke this video and the many other pop culture references in the game.

#24 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4493 posts) -

@andorski said:

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with Adele, but somebody pointed out that 'rolling in the deep' is a pretty good euphemism for sex with a chubby lady, and now I can't think of it meaning anything else.

#25 Posted by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

Michael Clarke Duncandeep.

He has the body to go with the voice. He's the real deal. No offense to Mr. Neeson.

May he rest in peace.

#26 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -
#27 Edited by Captain_Tolerable (20 posts) -

I can only fathom how deep Coolio deep is.

#28 Posted by kalibr (120 posts) -

Barry Whitedeep?

#29 Posted by Grimluck343 (1132 posts) -

You just can't beat James Earl Jonesdeep.

#30 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1853 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: That was epic! I can't believe I've never seen that before, great stuff.

#31 Posted by BallsDeep (29 posts) -

Balls

#32 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4659 posts) -

Balls of steel deep.

#33 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

We need to go deeper

#34 Edited by ShockD (2381 posts) -

Yo mama deep.

#35 Posted by DonutFever (3514 posts) -

Shoemakerdeep.

#36 Posted by AiurFlux (899 posts) -

About 10 inches.