How did you first find Giant Bomb?

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll How did you first find Giant Bomb? (592 votes)

Word of mouth 22%
Google 6%
Youtube 4%
Other 67%

For me, it was a friend who told me about it.

• 
Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There was a vid on Comic Vine bout Batman Arkham Asylum, watched it and registered here.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#102  Edited By csl316

I used to Google video game reviews at my old job and Giant Bomb kept coming up. Being very interested in Red Faction: Guerilla at the time, I finally clicked on that review.

Then Jeff showed up on the Bonus Round with Keighley, I thought he was cool, and then I watched all of TANG and stuck around.

Back in the day I used to follow IGN instead of Gamespot. After seeing retro videos for years it turns out I was really, really missing out.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I consider the Persona 4 Endurance Run to be the thing that dragged me into GB. I'd been a big fan of the game and when I heard these guys were doing a play-through of it, I jumped in and never jumped out.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's all a blur. All I remember was I was naked and running a lot.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A friend suggested the Dragonball: Evolution Quick Look and that's when I realized what Jeff was up to after the Gamespot debacle.

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I followed what Jeff was up to post gamespot after Kane and Lynch. Joined the site when it was in beta, and started listening to arrow pointing down podcasts. The rest is history.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Someone mentioned the P4 Endurance Run on a forum or something, so I checked it out. For awhile that was the only reason I came to this site.

This, same thing with me.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penny Arcade had mentioned they did something with Giant Bomb - a shirt or something? Anyway, I was curious about it and came to see the site. Been back multiples times a day ever since.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the podcast on itunes and it was the funniest thing I had ever heard, so I kept listening and eventually starting going on the site.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I can't remember, but I wish I had followed jeff from gamespot...

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was told I should follow Giant Bomb on twitter. Then started coming to the site during the Chrono Trigger ER.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#112  Edited By Tireyo

Well, I was a Gamespot member for a little while. Not realizing how dead that place really was, I decided to investigate why. Saw about what happened to Jeff, who I didn't really know about at all at the time, and seen that he had posted something about this place. I thought it was unfair about what happened to him, so I decided to check this place out that he mentioned. After a little bit I came to this place with a friend who I've met online on Gamespot, which he doesn't come on here or there anymore, and I've been here on GB ever since. I still love this place as I did then, and I plan to stay. =-)

UnlimitedSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed up for the Atlus Faithful emails after playing Persona 3, got an email about Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble, clicked the link for the Giant Bomb quicklook, and instantly fell in love.

So...Persona led me to Giant Bomb....who led me to more Persona...and a cycle of awesomeness ensued.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By nightriff

Word of mouth/Google

Searched for good gaming podcasts and found discussions about Bombcast and a few others that I enjoyed (yet no longer exist)

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For me it was on 4chan, I stumbled across a thread about someone being bored and another recommended the P4 ER, so I watched a few episodes of that, got to the part where Morooka was introduced and got hooked.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the dragon age: origins QL that was posted on /v/

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was working a shitty job doing electronics assembly. I was running out of things to listen to, and looked up "best gaming podcasts". The first episode I listened to was the one that featured this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7jMwoj0uVQ

I was hooked after that.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I was looking for video game podcasts on iTunes because Retronauts had ended and then came Giant Bomb.

dodgyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By dodgyc

When UGO acquired Ziff Davis back in 2009 and they stopped making Broken Pixels episodes on 1up. I started searching around for 'MST3K'-esque gameplay videos and somehow stumbled onto GiantBomb (probably from Reddit). Made an account in 2011 (having lurked for a year or 2) and have been here ever since.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Moonshadow101

My introduction to the concept of a "Website about Video Games" was IGN, which I stuck with for a long time without really knowing anything else. This was back when they actually had an entire section dedicated to "Cars," to say nothing of the mind-boggling "Babes" section.

At some point, I became completely sick of that horrible bloated mess of a website, and ended up on Kotaku, which had the advantage of minimalism. My only interaction with other game sites was listening to their podcasts, which I did quite a lot of.

Then I heard about a guy getting fired from a website for a review, and showed up here out of curiosity. I listened to the arrow pointing down podcast, and loved it. As the general style of quicklooks and video content evolved and crystallized, I fell deeper and deeper in. Now I'm a subscriber for lyfe.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I followed Jeff here after he was fired from Gamespot

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There were on 1up yours. I started following the site after they were on that, then migrated completely when 1up basically died.

redelectric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SexyVideogameLand led me here, basically. What a journey that was.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I followed Jeff from Gamespot.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My brother kept telling me about it. Red Dead Redemtion QL was the first Giant Bomb thing I've ever experienced. Watched the entire backlog and never missed a video since!

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to and remembered that the Giant Bombcast came highly recommended. This was probably Summer 2009. Checked out the website afterwards, watched the P4 Endurance Run, and have been hooked ever since.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow, I started paying attention to the internet and gaming websites right after the whole Kane and Lynch debacle, and via Gamespot I found out about that shit had gone down and this one cool dude had left and went over to do his own thing. Then a bunch of other cool dudes left to join him as well, so might as well check out what these cool dudes are doing. Honestly, the biggest reason for leaving GS for GB was Vinny Caravella - he was a fucking awesome podcast host.

You guys remember when GB was still a blog rather than an internet? Those were the days...

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to look at threads on gametrailers and someone had posted the Borderlands Quick Look. I loved the banter between Jeff and Ryan and I have exclusively been visiting giant bomb for videogame content ever since.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naked Cartoon Pussy and my brother told me to watch the Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows quick look. SUPERFLY.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

After Jeff left gamespot, I pretty much followed his personal blog and then Ryan started the Arrow Pointing Down Podcast. Soon after that they started GIANTBOMB.COM.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Original day 1 member reporting in. I'm from the Gamespot depths that is the System Wars forum. That board made a man out of me

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destructoid said that this "Bomb" website were playing Persona 4. I knew nothing about Persona 4 except that some people really liked it and it was an RPG. I was kind of in a downer period at the time, with not a lot to do.There was a good week or so where I spent all my time catching up with those episodes. Eventually I did start checking out the podcast and quicklooks. Even though it was a huge time investment, it was such a great intro to the site for me.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there was this site, called gamefaqs. And I got banned from it closed my account, but I kept lurking around. And on the Persona 4 game board, there all these spam threads for this video series called the "Endurance Run"...

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Like 3 days after it launched in blog format I saw people promoting it in the comments for The Hotspot while they bashed gamespot. However I'm of the opinion that The Hotspot was still pretty awesome for a while after Jeff left. Vinny hosted for a while, it was great.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135  Edited By m1k3

Followed jeff and ryan post gamespot when they were running a blog... forgot the name of it though (its been years).

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By fetchfox

Our glorious leader wrote about the future on his previous preaching ground, so I followed.

sp0rkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really surprised that there aren't more people that found Giant Bomb through XBMC or whatever other media center solutions have a GB plugin. I was browsing the XBMC addon repository and decided to give the Giant Bomb one a try. After a few Quick Looks I was hooked.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It came to me in a dream

sketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By sketch

Upone getting a DSL connection, the first video I saw on the internet was jeff and ryan, with his bleach blonde hair, reviewing some dragonball game. I'be followed them pretty much from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

The Hotspot, and Revision 3 techzilla/techcrunch.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone pointed me to the Quicklook of Dragon Age: Origins, been here since then.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#143  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@milkman said:

When Jeff said on his blog "hey, I'm making this website called Giant Bomb."

Pretty much this, I knew of Jeff Ryan and Brad since the GameSpot "Old Guard" days.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#144  Edited By ptys

It was a comment on Gamespot back in early 2009 when some guy was complaining about a Review and someone from here mentioned this "guerrilla gaming site full of ex-Gamespot alumni!" Clicked and saw Jeff's video review for Killzone 2, and I was in!

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

@milkman said:

atholm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found Giant Bomb through Google and had never heard about it before.

I was searching for "games with 360 controller support" and giant bomb was the first result, and I was amazed over the deep content of the wiki.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#147  Edited By Claude

Followed Jeff after being fired to his blog. Followed Ryan to Arrow Pointing Down. And BOOM! A Giant Bomb appeared.

ryvythed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found 'em through the Roku app when i cut off the cable. The first thing I saw was the Farmville stuff Ryan was doing with the interns. Then, I started in with the QuickLooks and soon realized how special this place is.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@milkman said:

fonkymucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember all the hoopla with Jeff and how he split off and made his own site with some friends. Never was big on gamespot so I didn't know who he was. Was looking for a video game podcast so I thought that this "giantbomb" thing would be worth a try, because I liked the backstory of the site.

This search was done on the Zune marketplace cause I was still using my brick of a 1st gen. Zune! That's how old school I am, I listened to it on a ZUNE!