• 185 results
#1 Edited by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

I joined Giantbomb for two reasons. Gerstmann, and being banned from every other gaming website for inappropriate comments (lol). What did you say, or post to get banned from another website/forum? (And I mean any website/forum, not only gaming related) Certainly I can't be the only Giantbomber with a condemned past. (Sorry this topic isn't regarding E3 btw) Giantbomb is a great website because it allows us to speak freely without hearing it from uptight mods and censorship. Hell, all of Whiskey Media is great.

PS: I'm not new to GB, nor was I recently banned from any websites (I've been part of GB since it was a blog). Above is a look into my past, (5+ years ago) when I was a rambunctious teen. Thought it would be interesting to share some stories around this virtual campfire.

#2 Posted by SMTDante89 (2539 posts) -

I was never banned from forums.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Power horny mods, killing midgets, burning kittens,burning the note that had the meaning of life on it

#4 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

i've never been banned from anywhere

#5 Posted by 71Ranchero (2668 posts) -

Im not socially inempt so I don't get banned from websites.

#6 Posted by ShadowofIntent (288 posts) -

Why do people always have to be banned before they will join?

#7 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1333 posts) -
@Atramentous: .....
#8 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1899 posts) -

I eagerly anticipate your future forum posts...

#9 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -

@ShadowofIntent said:

Seriously, it makes us sound like the forum of gamer exiles.

#10 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

I don't get banned yo.  Although Gamespot used to suspend me every once in a while
#11 Posted by Gunrock (142 posts) -

Yeah thats horrible, its like saying were the dumping ground of the internet, i really hope were not seen like that.

#12 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@ShadowofIntent said:

Because then they can come here, create a thread about it and hope that everyone will join them in the "dude, that site sucks for banning you!" nonsense.

#13 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I've never been banned and I'm a complete dick.

What does that make you.

#14 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I got banned for saying league of legends wasn't competitive on another forum.

#15 Posted by _Horde (837 posts) -

Not gotten banned, yet.

#16 Edited by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

We're like the island of misfit toys, but for forums.

#17 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Gunrock: No. It means other sites have taken away our right to speak freely.
#18 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

I'm smart enough to follow the rules on Internet message boards, so I've never been banned.

#19 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
We're like the island of misfit toys, but for forums.
You are my hero. :) lol
#20 Posted by Beforet (2911 posts) -

Wasn't banned. I did close my gamefaqs account around the time I found this site, but it wasn't until long after (when the first ER ended, actually) that I decided to sign up.

#21 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

You spelled Jeff's last name wrong. I refuse to respond to you.

#22 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:

Oh you rebel. Damn you!
#23 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

When I was 12, I got a warning from Neopets for trolling the Roleplaying forum as a kirby. But I was crashing people roleplaying as high school students in relationships. They deserved it. 

But then again, it was just a warning, not a ban or anything.

#24 Posted by RTSlord (1198 posts) -

never been banned

#25 Edited by sgt_match (121 posts) -

Yeah, the internet is full of dicks, but I can usually avoid getting banned by following the social conventions of whatever site I am on.  I am at GB because it is awesome, not bacause it is the only option I have because I am a social retard. The fact that I can write the words Fuck or shit or dickwagon is just kind of a bonus.
#26 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

There's a big difference between freedom of speech and just plain being a douche. Mods here may be a little more lenient than certain other sites, in that they'll allow a bit of humour and trolls that are so bad they're genuinely hilarious.. but if you post anything totally inappropriate or offensive, you're still going to get banned.

I certainly don't like the idea of Giantbomb becoming the place where the dregs of Gametrailers and Gamespot come.

#27 Edited by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@sgt_match said:

Yeah, the internet is full of dicks, but I can usually avoid getting banned by following the social conventions of whatever site I am on.  I am at GB because it is awesome, not bacause it is the only option I have because I am a social retard. The fact that I can write the words Fuck or shit or dickwagon is just kind of a bonus.

It's not always profanity that get's you into trouble. I've been banned for merely expressing my own opinions in very degrading, belittling manners. They deserved it and hell, I was a lot younger. lol
#28 Posted by BaneFireLord (2906 posts) -

I killed a man. With a thumbtack.

#29 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

Geoff Keighly got banned from Gametrailers.

#30 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

I killed a man. With a thumbtack.

You monster....

#31 Posted by 71Ranchero (2668 posts) -
@ConstantRa1n said:
You don't have that freedom on a website that doesn't belong to you. You can make the argument that you looking at adds or buying a membership pays the bills but the website will never belong to you. 
#32 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Never been banned. I have banned people though.

#33 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

As soon as the forums here went up, I went to my GT forums account and used it to post tonnes of threads with the goatse.cx picture in the first post. I used bait thread titles like, "NEW ZELDA WITH GAMEPLAY REVEALED!" and "HALF LIFE 3 OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED." Apparently I scarred many of the shit eating fuck heads that would frequent those forums.

#34 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

These are the only forums I've used.

#35 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

If you've been banned from every other gaming website, then we probably don't want you here either.

#36 Posted by crusader8463 (14411 posts) -

Have never been banned from a site. No idea why people brag about being banned.

#37 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Axxol said:
Lucky you! You'll be banned from Gamespot by simply using "Mormon" and "Holocaust" in the same sentence.
#38 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

never got banned, dog bro. 

#39 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@Milkman: @Milkman said:

If you've been banned from every other gaming website, then we probably don't want you here either.

Fuck the Yankees and Wii U.
#40 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Remember that Jeff/Ryan Cannibal Fan Fiction from a while back? 

I wrote it. That's how I got banned.

#41 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@ConstantRa1n said:
@Axxol said:
Lucky you! You'll be banned from Gamespot by simply using "Mormon" and "Holocaust" in the same sentence.
I've heard. You're not the first to come here and tell us that.
#42 Posted by TheBlindChessman (241 posts) -
@ConstantRa1n said:
You don't have a right to post on someone else's website.
#43 Posted by buzz_clik (6890 posts) -

I've never been banned from anything. Maybe it's because I never actually hit Post Reply on two thirds of the things I type out. Or maybe it's my rugged good looks and rayon-smooth charm. Probably both.

#44 Posted by NegativeCero (2972 posts) -

Never been banned either.

#45 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:

I've never been banned from anything. Maybe it's because I never actually hit Post Reply on two thirds of the things I type out. Or maybe it's my rugged good looks and rayon-smooth charm. Probably both.

I tend to be impulsive, especially on the internet.
#46 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -
I like to think I'm somewhat mature, so I have never been banned from a forum.
#47 Posted by DeeGee (2113 posts) -

@ConstantRa1n said:

You have no free speech on the internet.

#48 Posted by buzz_clik (6890 posts) -
@ConstantRa1n said:
@buzz_clik said:

I tend to be impulsive, especially on the internet.

#49 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

Iz easy dude! Dunt say stupid and/or offensive shit and never get ban!Work 4 meee.

#50 Posted by BadNews (499 posts) -

I was never banned but I got in trouble on gamespot a couple times. A couple time for using swear words hidden in text like s*** or shite. Sometimes I would describe a character as a total dick and get in trouble for that. And once for indirectly insulting someone by disagreeing with them on some game. I can't even remember anymore. I know it wasn't outlandish, it was just an opinion and the kid flipped shit over my disagreement and I got some message about how I have been suspended for starting up a fight or something.

Honestly though I didn't come here to escape, I just feel everyone here is far more intellectual and nice here. Also the form of news and info is delivered in a way better and more humorous form. This is overall a better site.