How do i get coffee ready for immediate consumption

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

I need to get up in the morning and there is a good chance my dark side will come out and make me pass out before i can even think about getting up. So i would like to shock my system by having coffee right by my bed. Any suggestions? i have access to some instant. Should i keep a cup of instant and another cup of water? pour it into cold to room temp water and chug? it may be expired but im going to assume this is not a problem because science.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By myniceicelife

get a keurig machine that has the ability to have a timer to set and you'll be good to go whenever you need it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

You're sleepy in the morning? Your avatar doesn't even suggest sleep.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Thermos? I have a Zojirushi that will keep something warm for the length of time I'd typically be asleep for, although 'tis sill a bit more on the warm side rather than the hot side by then.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HerbieBug

You might as well just get an auto drip. A regular one. Those have programmable timers too. Keurig coffee is iffy and it saves you, what, the hassle of pouring the grounds into the filter?

Maybe ask Will Smith if you can borrow his baby for a bit. I'm sure she is already an expert barista. If he says no, ask if you can have Norm instead.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jdh5153

A- pour instant coffee in your mouth and chug with water

B- pour coffee grounds in your mouth, chug with water

C- Eat coffee beans (preferably chocolate covered....espresso beans are even better)

D- Make coffee, leave it over night, put ice in it and chug it cold

E- Buy an energy drink

F- Buy a pack of caffeine pills (like $2.99 for 20). Wake up, pop a 200mg caffeine pill.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By super2j

@Video_Game_King said:

You're sleepy in the morning? Your avatar doesn't even suggest sleep.

because that what i am like at night time. Also, it is winter up here in Canada, its hard to leave the warmth of a bed.

@jdh5153 said:

A- pour instant coffee in your mouth and chug with water

B- pour coffee grounds in your mouth, chug with water

C- Eat coffee beans (preferably chocolate covered....espresso beans are even better)

D- Make coffee, leave it over night, put ice in it and chug it cold

E- Buy an energy drink

F- Buy a pack of caffeine pills (like $2.99 for 20). Wake up, pop a 200mg caffeine pill.

A,B,D is very appealing, unfortunately, i need to wake up in the morning and all stores are closed now so I can't go out to get any of those devices or energy drinks/pills...

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO
  1. Buy/make an iced coffee
  2. Put it in the fridge
  3. Move your alarm away from your bed
  4. Wake up in the morning
  5. Get out of bed to turn off the alarm
  6. Go to fridge
  7. Drink coffee
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just shovel it in your mouth dry.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SexyToad

Your best bet is getting an automatic brewer.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jdh5153

@SexyToad said:

Nah. He needs immediate consumption. You can't consume hot coffee immediately, you have to sip it (or put ice in it, and at that point you're just wasting energy making it hot in the first place :p).

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SexyToad
@jdh5153

@SexyToad said:

Nah. He needs immediate consumption. You can't consume hot coffee immediately, you have to sip it (or put ice in it, and at that point you're just wasting energy making it hot in the first place :p).

Isn't there an option in some brewers that allows you to change the F? Like 60 or maybe 50, whatever you want.
villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By villainy

@AndrewB said:

Thermos? I have a Zojirushi that will keep something warm for the length of time I'd typically be asleep for, although 'tis sill a bit more on the warm side rather than the hot side by then.

I generally grind/brew at 7:45-8AM, drink one cup and throw the other 2.5 into my Zojirushi before I head to work. On a few occasions I've been trapped away from my precious coffee for a full day, get home sometime in the 8PM hour, and go to dump the thermos only to find it still very drinkably warm. It's sort of frightening really.

Edit: Not a "cup" by imperial measurement. What you'd fill an average coffee mug with.. "Cup" my ass.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

Make a big thing of coffee right now, stir a bunch of milk and sugar in it (as much as I love black coffee, it sucks cold), put that in the fridge overnight, get up and have it cold. Boom, instant energy drink with household items.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePaleKing

Just get an electric coffee pot and set it all up before going to bed, except don't turn it on. Set your alarm clock to like half an hour before you want to wake up, then wake up and start the coffee maker, then inject some speed into the folds of your scrotum, because here comes the hard part - some guys are gonna be coming for you, you have to spill the water out of the coffee onto the floor in front of the door, rip the electric cord with your teeth and hold it in your mouth, spin some sticky silk and attach yourself to the ceiling above the door, right about now the guys will have broken down your door with a turbo-hammer and are gunning for you, careful now, as the door opens and you see that first foot drop the frayed end of the cord into the water, the electricity will short-circuit the first cybernetic assassin, immediately drop down and get the standard issue automatic plasma pistol with recharging clip and terminate the second assassin with a hot slug of plasma to the face, grab the turbo-hammer as it drops and bring it down on the third before its thermal target arrays can lock onto your red hot balls. Then you set the alarm for half an hour later, go back to bed, and when you wake up the coffee will be ready. Alternatively just make iced coffee before going to bed, it works the same really.