#1 Edited by NTM (7383 posts) -

So, I use Chrome, but I just downloaded this thing that only Internet Explorer can use, so I downloaded and reinstalled Internet Explorer 9, but now, for some odd reason, I can't find it anywhere. I type "Internet Explorer" in the search bar in the start menu and all I get is the "Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)" which I am finding unusual since in the past I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, but I've never had this issue before. I know you can type something in to get it going, but I have a feeling that it's just not right. Also, when I reinstall it, and then restart my computer (which I think is what happens after you install it), a shortcut ends up on the desktop, but not this time. I'm wondering if I made a mistake the last time I uninstalled it, so it didn't do something properly, and yes, I am well aware Internet Explorer isn't great.

One other thing I should say, this thing I have downloaded, it's a grammar and punctuation corrector, and it said it only works for Internet Explorer, but as I type here, it seems to work in some way, but it doesn't work in another, as I've seen so far on the Internet Explorer with no add-ons. Recently I've been installing, and uninstalling a lot of word processors because I don't have any on my computer anymore, and none have worked the way I need them to, so I downloaded this thing called Ginger Basic Model, and as I'm seeing here, it works as an extension for Chrome, which is contradictory kind of, but it's working. I may be finding a solution to my question here, although some of the stuff isn't correcting correctly, at least, I don't think it is. Can someone tell me how good or how bad my typing is? I hate errors in my typing, although I'm sure I make a lot of them, and to some, I probably sound like a seventh grader or something, ha ha.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I want to even use IE9, but does anyone have a solution for this problem? Well, thanks in advance.

#2 Edited by NTM (7383 posts) -

Oh, never mind, the program works for some reason. What the heck. I'm happy now, 'cause now I don't have to use Internet Explorer, that's really slow. I guess my second question still stands though, is my typing bad? Or, is it at least comprehensible? Yes, I worry about these things.

Edit - I take it back, I don't want to know.

#3 Posted by SSully (4192 posts) -

I am happy for you. IE is the devil.

#4 Edited by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -

IE 9 is fine for users. Developers don't like it, but it's better than Safari regarding speed, security, and so on in the majority of tests. Chromium and Chrome are still my only horse, though.

#5 Posted by Stete (738 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

IE 9 is fine for users. Developers don't like it, but it's better than Safari regarding speed, security, and so on in the majority of tests. Chromium and Chrome are still my only horse, though.

IE is not fine for anybody. If you are using IE then you are pretty much wasting the time of every web designer and developer because IE will always cause problems. This is not hyperbole, this is a serious problem and a huge timesink of time and money in the long run. It's fucking sad and ridiculous that for every time you want to make a decent webpage you have to spend time and resources just to make sure it works fine on a goddamn single browser. So ye for anybody reading this, please support the advancement of humanity and do the world a favour, don't use any version of IE.