#1 Posted by RebelLoyalist (208 posts) -

I just looked at my profile and it says I have 0 points, so how do you earn points here on Giant Bomb?

#2 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -

Reviewing...? Same on here.

#3 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

I'm guessing it's the same as Gamespot. Read reviews, post here, stuff like that.

#4 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

I thought it was just earned by creating/editing content on the wiki? I might be wrong.

#5 Posted by Funkyhamster (93 posts) -

I think it's for uploading content... reviews, editing the wikis, stuff like that. I'm probably wrong though.

#6 Posted by MrBrightside91 (60 posts) -

I think you get points for updating the Wiki pages as your profile has a section for "Wiki Points"

To start with though, all edits must go through moderation - so I'm still waiting on my first points...

#7 Posted by Resonate (172 posts) -

check out http://www.giantbomb.com/help/

if it doesnt explain it there then I guess its a mystery <>_<>

#8 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

Take a look at my FAQ - if you have any more info that you think needs to be added either to the points question, or anywhere else, post in that thread!
Hopefully we can make it a bit more complete.

#9 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I'm editing quite a lot of stuff, but mostly putting in reviews. I think reviews give you points, and mine are quite lengthy so here's to hoping!

#10 Posted by RebelLoyalist (208 posts) -
Funkyhamster said:
"I think it's for uploading content... reviews, editing the wikis, stuff like that. I'm probably wrong though.
"
I think that might be true after exploring the site a lil more, we need a welcome newbie board here.
#11 Posted by Cube_of_MooN (31 posts) -

I'm guessing doing stuff gets you points.

#12 Posted by mrelusive (1 posts) -

There are users with some reviews but 0 points, so I'm guessing it's just for contributing to the wiki.

#13 Posted by BulletPulse (183 posts) -

By editing the wikis.

#14 Posted by henjin (829 posts) -

I would like to know this aswell.

#15 Posted by psychomode (784 posts) -

I thought it was just related to the Wikis.

#16 Posted by Overrated_Hero (238 posts) -

I think it's editing wikis and such.

#17 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Wiki Points is a tab in your profile area of the website. So my guess is its by basically taking part in the editing of articles, reviews, images etc with games and sections of the website.

#18 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

I would like to know what the purpose of these points are really?

#19 Posted by Ehden (214 posts) -

I am way too lazy to do a bunch of wiki editing, looks like i'll be stuck on the bottom rung of the points ladder.

#20 Posted by Virago (2487 posts) -
TheBeast said:
"Take a look at my FAQ - if you have any more info that you think needs to be added either to the points question, or anywhere else, post in that thread!
Hopefully we can make it a bit more complete.
"
Someone wants to be a mod.....

You upload pictures, you write biographies, make pages for people/characters/games/ideas. Sometimes it takes awhile for the points to register.

@ SlayingShogun: points help you get into heaven.

#21 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -
@RebelLoyalist:
Reviewing earns lotsa points,edit releases,overviews locations and stuff earns points too.
#22 Posted by Drebin_893 (2934 posts) -
@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" @RebelLoyalist: Reviewing earns lotsa points,edit releases,overviews locations and stuff earns points too. "
What the fuck are you even doing?
12 Months.

Yup, 12.
#23 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

As far as I know it's just adding Images and Adding Wiki posts and editing them. But dude, it's going to be awhile before you'll get 1000 points. Heck I even had wiki edits where I didn't get any points. It's probably a mistake.

#24 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -