• 88 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for contrarian
#1 Posted by Contrarian (1205 posts) -

NuttyMadam

That link is to a video where this young lady reacts to Kristen Stewart having an affair? I really don't keep up with crap like this. I admit I saw the first 2 Twilight movies (I went along, they weren't completely horrible), but found myself completely being disinterested in the actors in it. In fact, Kristen Stewart has gone to the top of my list of actors I don't want to watch - she just annoys me.

As for the video. If you watch it, what is your reaction? I found myself laughing more and more as the video went on. Part of me thinks I shouldn't and that it is mean of me, but hell, how pathetic are some people's lives that they care so much about such pointless matters? How does such a person function in life? Could you see yourself being that fanatical about anything? Plenty of gamers get over invested in certain franchises and go over the top if it doesn't go the way they want, but surely not as funny as this right?

Avatar image for laserbolts
#2 Posted by laserbolts (5506 posts) -

Meh if that's what she's into that's what she's into. I'm sure you would say many of us have pathetic lives for making big deals out of issues in video games like Mass Effect 3 or anything along those lines. It doesn't bother me honestly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36565 posts) -

Is this a modern day Chris Crocker?

Avatar image for falserelic
#4 Posted by falserelic (5725 posts) -

That lady is just ridiculous getting so emotional about another person's affair. If Kristen Stewart wants to be a whore that's her business.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
#5 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3053 posts) -

The celebrity obsession some people seem to develop makes me sick to my core.

I like Michael Fassbender as an actor, for example. However, I have no interest in his personal life. I have no idea if he is married, single, straight, gay, celibate, or sticking his Fassboner in everything that moves and some things that don't.

If it came out tomorrow that he was raping orphans or something, I'd probably reconsider my support of him by saying "huh, probably won't watch another movie with him in it," and then I'd continue not giving a flying fuck about Michael Fassbender.

Why people invest themselves into these celebrities is just beyond me; is your life truly that hollow?

Avatar image for contrarian
#6 Edited by Contrarian (1205 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Is this a modern day Chris Crocker?

Because of Tosh.0, I think I know who that is - the Britney Spears fan right? If so, perhaps yes.

@laserbolts said:

Meh if that's what she's into that's what she's into. I'm sure you would say many of us have pathetic lives for making big deals out of issues in video games like Mass Effect 3 or anything along those lines. It doesn't bother me honestly.

It isn't that she is into it, just the emotional investment she has with it. It is so bizarre. In real life, the only comparison I can relate to is how some fans react when their football team doesn't win - equally funny and pathetic. It wasn't about if it bothered you, it doesn't bother me either, but it is pretty damn funny and sad at the same time.

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

The celebrity obsession some people seem to develop makes me sick to my core. I like Michael Fassbender as an actor, for example. However, I have no interest in his personal life. I have no idea if he is married, single, straight, gay, celibate, or sticking his Fassboner in everything that moves and some things that don't. If it came out tomorrow that he was raping orphans or something, I'd probably reconsider my support of him by saying "huh, probably won't watch another movie with him in it," and then I'd continue not giving a flying fuck about Michael Fassbender. Why people invest themselves into these celebrities is just beyond me; is your life truly that hollow?

Not only do I not care what celebrities do, I actively seek to avoid hearing about it. So I am right there with you. It is generally a teenager thing that they grow out of, however, the modern world means they will have to relive their behaviour forever. It is true to say that it was simpler before technology as you could bury your past.

Avatar image for arbie
#7 Posted by Arbie (1473 posts) -

Awh, I can't laugh at that. Poor girl. I wonder why she's so obsessed with them.

I don't think their relationships are any of our business and it bugs me when the media pester celebrities about their personal life, especially when there are kids involved.

But, I have to admit I found it kinda funny that in the picture of her hugging the director guy, she's pulling the same expression she does in all of her films.

Avatar image for nmc2008
#8 Posted by NMC2008 (1248 posts) -

I haven't seen the video but I know I will laugh, I just know it.

Avatar image for starvinggamer
#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (11123 posts) -

I don't, cuz why waste my time?

Avatar image for yummylee
#10 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

I think the Twilight movies have given Kristen Stewart acting ability such a bad rep. She was actually pretty OK in Adventureland and Welcome to The Rileys. I haven't seen the Twilight movies mind you, and I'm willing to believe that she does a piss poor performance across all of 'em. Point is, I believe that she is a better actress--though maybe not one of this generations best--than how the Twilight movies unfortunately paint her.

As for the video, 'unno, I couldn't bear to watch any more than a few seconds.

Avatar image for metric_outlaw
#11 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1201 posts) -

I feel real bad for her. I know she's being made fun of all over the Internet. If she's really into it then let her be into it with her community without ridicule from any jerks.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
#12 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3053 posts) -
@Yummylee

I think the Twilight movies have given Kristen Stewart acting ability such a bad rep. She was actually pretty OK in Adventureland and Welcome to The Rileys. I haven't seen the Twilight movies mind you, and I'm willing to believe that she does a piss poor performance across all of 'em. Point is, I believe that she is a better actress--though maybe not one of this generations best--than how the Twilight movies unfortunately paint her.

As for the video, 'unno, I couldn't bear to watch any more than a few seconds.

My ony problem with her is that her idea of dramatic acting is hanging her mouth open like a stunned mullet and breathing noisily.

Makes me think of that old Steven Segal acting range image that did the rounds a long time ago.
Avatar image for animasta
#13 Posted by Animasta (14848 posts) -

yeah I've never seen anyone be creepily involved with a(n) internet celebrity on this forum...

Avatar image for gunstarred
#14 Posted by GunstarRed (6044 posts) -

I really wish I hadn't seen the whole video. It's not very funny at all. I actually found myself feeling pretty sad for her. The people that get this fanatical about things really make no sense at all, but it seems pretty common. I saw it first hand with my younger sister and a boyband years ago, She would join all of these groups and chat fanatically with middle aged women about these celebrities they don't know at all.

Avatar image for omegachosen
#15 Posted by OmegaChosen (658 posts) -

Took me a minute or two to remember who Kristen Stewart was. Regarding the reaction, I don't follow Twilight stuff so eh. :/

Avatar image for penguindust
#16 Edited by PenguinDust (12975 posts) -

99% of the time, I don't care about an actor's personal life. If Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are dicks in real life, it doesn't keep me from enjoying their movies. I saw Mission Impossible 4 about a month ago and it was great even if Tom Cruise is a lunatic. As for the Kristen Stewart thing...really, having an affair in Hollywood is like jaywalking. It happens so often, no one gives a crap. I haven't seen enough of her work to have any opinion on her professionally, but what she does in her off hours is her own damned business.

Also, I find it funny that this is a thread reacting to another's reaction. Somewhere out on the internets, I hope there is a thread reacting to this thread.

Avatar image for yummylee
#17 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

I really wish I hadn't seen the whole video. It's not very funny at all. I actually found myself feeling pretty sad for her. The people that get this fanatical about things really make no sense at all, but it seems pretty common. I saw it first hand with my younger sister and a boyband years ago, She would join all of these groups and chat fanatically with middle aged women about these celebrities they don't know at all.

Brings back memories of the 13-14 year old me and KoRn...

Avatar image for gunstarred
#18 Posted by GunstarRed (6044 posts) -

@Yummylee: Did you want to marry Jonathan Davis?

Avatar image for yummylee
#19 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

@GunstarRed: Fortunately my obsession never quite hit sonic passion level. I just remember listening to their songs a lot and posting on a variety of KoRn message boards and the like.

Avatar image for little_socrates
#20 Posted by Little_Socrates (5842 posts) -

I miss being that passionate.

Avatar image for cloudenvy
#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

@Yummylee: Did you want to marry Jonathan Davis?

Who doesn't?!

Avatar image for contrarian
#22 Posted by Contrarian (1205 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

Also, I find it funny that this is a thread reacting to another's reaction. Somewhere out on the internets, I hope there is a thread reacting to this thread.

Threadception!

The whole internet may just implode.

I would not see 95% of what I see if it weren't for friends posting on Facebook. Otherwise I would go through life oblivious to so much. Trouble is, you miss the good as well as the bad.

Avatar image for nintendoeats
#23 Posted by nintendoeats (6164 posts) -

I react to these things by doing something else and not caring that these people exist.

Avatar image for brocknrolla
#24 Posted by BrockNRolla (1725 posts) -

@falserelic said:

That lady is just ridiculous getting so emotional about another person's affair. If Kristen Stewart wants to be a whore that's her business.

That is precisely the point of the lady's rant.

@Little_Socrates said:

I miss being that passionate.

I think there's a lot to be said for this.

I don't see anything wrong with this. We've all overreacted to things at some point in our lives and have no doubt been embarrassed by it later. Sometimes its good to feel something, even if we don't understand why someone would care so much about it.

Avatar image for toxeia
#25 Posted by Toxeia (780 posts) -

My reaction is "How the hell did a mouth breather like that find 2 dudes to bone her?"

Avatar image for fourwude
#26 Posted by FourWude (2274 posts) -

So did she cheat on the vampire dude with the werewolf dude or some shit??

Avatar image for yi_orange
#27 Posted by YI_Orange (1315 posts) -

I don't see why people have a problem with other people caring about celebrities. It's gossip and drama, some people eat that shit up. Otherwise, I see it as the same as being facebook friends with someone you never intend to actually interact with, but you still creep their page from time to time. In some cases, it's actually quite similar to the way people feel about the GB staff around here.

That said, the most I know about celebrities comes from mostly just picking things up off a wikipedia page when I go to see what else they've been in.

As for the video, I didn't watch it and don't intend to. With things like this I take the same policy I take with celebrities: Meh.

Avatar image for contrarian
#28 Posted by Contrarian (1205 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

@Little_Socrates said:

I miss being that passionate.

I think there's a lot to be said for this.

I don't see anything wrong with this. We've all overreacted to things at some point in our lives and have no doubt been embarrassed by it later. Sometimes its good to feel something, even if we don't understand why someone would care so much about it.

To be honest, I am a fairly low key, laid back type who doesn't get over the top excited about anything. That doesn't mean I haven't done things I am embarrassed about though. Those have not been filmed luckily. I don't want to be that passionate about stuff.

Avatar image for pyromagnestir
#29 Posted by pyromagnestir (4417 posts) -

@Animasta said:

yeah I've never seen anyone be creepily involved with a(n) internet celebrity on this forum...

But Jeff Gerstmann and I are soul mates and we will be together forever!

I watched her say "I wasn't going to make a video about this" and stopped, mostly because I wanted to see how old this person was. She didn't look 14. Therefore she is too old to be so caught up in this type of garbage, or should be, in my opinion. That is all I have to say about this.

Avatar image for thehumandove
#30 Posted by TheHumanDove (2520 posts) -

It's the disease of celebrity worship

Avatar image for undeadpool
#31 Posted by Undeadpool (5663 posts) -

This kinda crap's been going on for as long as there have been people to obsess over, it's just with the internet everyone's MUCH more aware of them.

Avatar image for contrarian
#32 Posted by Contrarian (1205 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

This kinda crap's been going on for as long as there have been people to obsess over, it's just with the internet everyone's MUCH more aware of them.

True. You just have to look at footage of The Beatles. Maybe you mum or grandmother was into it. Even before that you could go back to Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Al Jolson or even Rudolph Valentino in silent movies. Obsessing is certainly not new.

Avatar image for peasantabuse
#33 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5098 posts) -

@Animasta said:

yeah I've never seen anyone be creepily involved with a(n) internet celebrity on this forum...

Are you trying to say you wouldn't cry if Jeff cheated on Ryan? Cold...

Avatar image for jewunit
#34 Posted by jewunit (1091 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Is this a modern day Chris Crocker?

I had a similar thought. Some people devote themselves to odd things. It can be as a hobby or as a way to just cope. I don't know if I can call her behavior in the video unhealthy. It might just be her way of venting about the affair and whatever else is going on in her life.

Avatar image for galiant
#35 Posted by Galiant (2233 posts) -

I can't even be bothered to look at the video. People get passionate about pointless stuff, it's nothing new. Some people feel like something's missing and they'll do anything to fill that void, no matter how pointless something is it can matter to you if you let it, and it might distract you enough that you can ignore the real problem for a while.

I don't mean to sound all depressed and bleak, I'm actually quite a happy person.

Avatar image for stonyman65
#36 Posted by Stonyman65 (3507 posts) -

This is amazing. I laughed my balls off.

It's people like this that remind me why I've lost hope in all of humanity.

Avatar image for orbitz89
#37 Posted by Orbitz89 (230 posts) -

I'm afraid to click on the link for fear of becoming absolutely enraged by her stupidity. I mean, I have an idea of what it would be like watching that.. So I'll just say this. People like that worry, anger, and scare me at the same time.

Avatar image for internetcrab
#38 Posted by InternetCrab (1579 posts) -

What an overreacting chick. I wouldn't care if any of my favorite celebrities had an affair with somebody.

That's their fucking business.

Avatar image for hizang
#39 Posted by Hizang (9359 posts) -

Oh I really don't like that actress, it's probably because I'll always see her as Bella Swan from the Twilight movies/books. Bella is just such a bad character who is just the most depressing person ever.

Avatar image for hatking
#40 Posted by HatKing (7184 posts) -

I threatened to kill myself when I found out Cliffy B was cheating on his wife.

Avatar image for example1013
#41 Posted by Example1013 (4855 posts) -

LEAVE KRISTEN ALONE

Avatar image for hunter5024
#42 Posted by Hunter5024 (6676 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@GunstarRed said:

@Yummylee: Did you want to marry Jonathan Davis?

Who doesn't?!

People who want to marry Head.

Avatar image for doctorwelch
#43 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -

LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!

Avatar image for doctorwelch
#44 Posted by DoctorWelch (2817 posts) -

@Example1013 said:

LEAVE KRISTEN ALONE

DAMN IT! You took my thing.

Avatar image for seppli
#45 Edited by Seppli (11232 posts) -

@falserelic said:

That lady is just ridiculous getting so emotional about another person's affair. If Kristen Stewart wants to be a whore that's her business.

Oh nice. I'd love to rent her bony ass for a ride. Every now and then, a petite bird like that tickles my fancy. How do I get in touch?

Avatar image for euandewar
#46 Posted by EuanDewar (5160 posts) -

Kristen Stewart was pretty rad in the Runaways.

Avatar image for gamer_152
#47 Posted by Gamer_152 (14440 posts) -

I can't laugh at her, she's obviously very upset and there are a lot of people making fun of her. It's just sad that someone's relationship with a celebrity could get unhealthy enough to affect them like this.

Moderator
Avatar image for landon
#48 Posted by Landon (4137 posts) -

Brandon Hardestys reaction video is hilarious.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for slag
#49 Posted by Slag (6850 posts) -

@Contrarian said:

As for the video. If you watch it, what is your reaction? I found myself laughing more and more as the video went on. Part of me thinks I shouldn't and that it is mean of me, but hell, how pathetic are some people's lives that they care so much about such pointless matters? How does such a person function in life? Could you see yourself being that fanatical about anything? Plenty of gamers get over invested in certain franchises and go over the top if it doesn't go the way they want, but surely not as funny as this right?

She seems like a really sad and a desperately lonely person. Chances are if she had more going for her (or more accurately if she felt she did) in her life she wouldn't be so heavily invested in a celebrity like this .Clearly she bases a lot of her self identity on twilight fandom, probably hurts pretty bad to have that torpedoed like this. The ridicule i have no doubt she's getting is only going to make it worse.

Her pain seems real to me and thus not funny despite the frivolous subject matter. Hopefully this will be good for her as it might give her incentive stogo out and live her own life.

Avatar image for apparatus_unearth
#50 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3645 posts) -

I'm pretty uneducated about what's going on here. Is her affair affecting the new movie? If not, there's no reason to get all worked up.