How do you feel about Adventure Time?

• 66 results
Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like Adventure Time a lot. It's pure distilled whimsy.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I cant get enough of it, the more random and darker it gets the more i want to watch it!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fantastic. Adventure Time prompted me to go back and re-watch some of the stuff I used to watch as a kid, and really made me appreciate how much of that stuff was utter garbage.

this is so true. the quality of a lot of adolescent programming at this point is night and day compared to what we got. the stories and characters are better and there is some legit great shows out there.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

When I first discovered it I found myself watching a ton of it in a pretty condensed period as CN shows about three or four hours of it in a row. I really like the art, and it's both funny and really odd in the best of ways. I checked out a couple of episodes yesterday, one having a They Live reference and the other being a spoof on Law & Order. They were both fun, but not as funny as the stuff I'd seen previously. I remember finding myself in stitches at that episode with the bears partying inside that monster.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think it's a quirky, weird and fun little cartoon that everyone can enjoy to some extent or another.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonjam7: unlike you I find the episode without Finn and jake great. The Simon and marcy episodes are fantastic. My girlfriend and I are going through season 5 and so far it's the best season yet

Yeah, as far as lore goes, Simon and Marcy's story is maybe the best. Though I have a gigantic soft spot for Lemongrab and the story of the rise and fall of his fascist rule.

BTW, all of you should check out the podcast hosted by Lemongrab's voice actor Justin Roiland - Grandma's Virginity Podcast (Pendelton Ward was a guest on one of the last episodes). Of course he's also the cocreator of "Rick & Morty" and plays both of them on the show.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I watched the first couple of seasons and loved it, but never really got around to watching any more than that. I think it's a super fun show.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw 1 episode of that show, and i'm so glad i grew up with the amazing cartoons/anime's (Toonami). That show sucks.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think its alright.

thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Adventure Time is great! I agree, though, on the evolution of the show by the sixth season: the tone, pacing, and even the sense of humor is just so different from what you get out of really any of the other seasons (but especially the first few) that it's kind of a bummer to deal with. Still, it's a show I like to keep up with, and honestly, I feel like the risks it's taking now is something few cartoons even care to do, and I feel like that's worth at least respecting.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I enjoy stories that can swerve from contemplative bummer to unabashed silliness in short order solely on the strength of their emotional integrity, so: I'm a big fan.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like several elements of it, but the latest I have seen relies a lot more on the weird and psicotropic aesthetics and story beats, which I don't really care much...

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I love it. Mostly for the humor and the dark, sad stories. I think it is great that a silly show for kids also happens to be set on the post-apocalyptic earth, where the "main" bad guy is the one you feel the most sorry for once his back story has been known.
Also, Lemongrab:

Loading Video...

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The humor is way too random for me.

As for lore / darkness / world building, there's way better stuff out there if that's what you're looking for.

I don't get why so many people look for dark / mature material in a kids show. It's like going to a Toys R'Us for some beer. These shows are much better at being dumb, light-hearted, and possibly the only source of non-cynical entertainment. It's why I love MLP.

I get my grimdark fix from... well, basically any other TV show that's airing nowadays.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Man, I forgot about Lemongrab. He was great. I think "City of Thieves" is my favorite episode. I recently saw it again and was reminded why I loved Adventure Time in the first place. I think it was a season 1 or 2 episode though...

Also, I've never liked the Fiona / Cake episodes either. Thoughts?

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By frustratedlnc

Adventure time is an excellent show. I really enjoy it as an adult and would have loved it as a kid. It's charming, heartfelt, sad, funny, and occasionally dark. It's one of the few kids shows out there that doesn't talk down to children. I think people describing it as too random, or lacking emotional or creative depth haven't seen very much of the show, or have formed their impressions from material that surrounds it. This is a good introductory episode from a few seasons back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uON_FuQ8OY

Also, big fan of any Lich episodes.

Loading Video...
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

Adventure Time is pretty great, though I haven't watched much of it lately. I think I've seen all of Season 1 through 4, and most of Season 5, and a few episodes of Season 6. I intend to start from the beginning and watch the whole show all over again though, probably via the Blu Ray releases. Watching TV as it happens is lame.

Hearing that the show gets darker and thematically strange though sounds appealing to me. Also, more history of Simon, Betty, and Marceline episodes; those are the best ones.

Also, RICK AND MORTY SEASON 2 IS HAPPENING SOON AAAAAHHHH!!!!!