#1 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

It's a international sport that is getting kinda popular over there. Here is a video.

Personally, I like this WAY better than regular boxing. It switches things up and it actually requires intelligence. Also, I find it kinda funny that after a boxing match, that one of them is bleeding while playing chess, just kinda funny IMO. What is your opinion on this actual sport?

#2 Edited by artofwar420 (6227 posts) -

I'd be down to watch this, but with a small change. Take Starcraft 2, which by itself has great  spectating qualities and mix it with the very physical sport of boxing and I think you've got a match made in heaven or whatever other cliche you can think of that means an awesome time for everyone.

#3 Posted by Korolev (1646 posts) -

Not bad! It's actually quite interesting! However, you are probably not going to get professional chess play and a professional boxing performance, since it's hard to train to become a grandmaster at chess and a professional boxer at the same time.

Still, it's very interesting. Particularly because the competitors have to calm down and think after a boxing session. They have to switch between two different emotional states very quickly and it's very hard to do that effectively.
#4 Edited by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I don't know... Why play a game without plot? Seems pointless to enjoy something simply because of the mechanical and competitive aspects. It's almost like an addiction.

Oh wait, that's totally stupid.

#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10224 posts) -

Rah, I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia. My hip hop will rock and shock the nation like emancipation proclamation!

Chessboxing is an awesome Wu-Tang track. 
#6 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Slaker117:

Because you need either A, massive amounts of strategy in gameplay for the game to actually be good or be intelligent enough to have a story which can give it a great amounts of actual brainpower to actual use.

#7 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

Not sure what to think of this...might be hard to find player who are great at both boxing and chess. Interesting none the less thou.

#8 Posted by Ziana007 (5 posts) -

amm that will be nice !

#9 Posted by Otogi (218 posts) -

Actually, boxing requites quite a bit of intelligence and strategy.

I like this, though. I just hope it wouldn't degrade to "memorize game breaking patter + aim for the head"
#10 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -
@XII_Sniper:  Hell YES.
#11 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (487 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" Rah, I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia. My hip hop will rock and shock the nation like emancipation proclamation!

Chessboxing is an awesome Wu-Tang track. 
"
This.
#12 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

Maybe now people will stop thinking chess is a primitive and brutal sport.

#13 Posted by DeathByWaffle (619 posts) -