I have some really mixed feelings about Pitchfork media.
On one hand:
- Their reviews are needlessly pretentious -- and sometimes downright annoying.
- They often seem to get off on trashing bands.
- I feel like they neglect a lot of great bands, while spending too much time focusing on a few mediocre ones (although they do pick some winners).
- There's a big focus on assigning numbers to stuff there; A practice that Gamespot and GiantBomb have consciously evolved beyond.
- I really like Pitchfork TV. They have all kinds of great content there.
- They draw attention to a lot of great acts that might not have made it if it wasn't for Pitchfork (including several acts I love).
- They spend more time focusing on bands I like than most other music blogs (excluding Consequence of Sound and Brooklyn Vegan, who generally focus more on stuff I like)
Quick NavigationJump to Top
Please Log In to post.