• 62 results
#1 Posted by Deusoma (3013 posts) -

So I found myself snapping at people online a short while ago, some of them on this very site even, and realized I was feeling somewhat irritable today. 

When I'm feeling like that, I usually go and play with one of my pets, watch some overly silly YouTube videos, maybe check in with a friend via text, or look at blogs very much like this one (because who can stay cranky in the face of all those kittens?). 

Everybody has days when they feel grouchy for no reason in particular, so what do you guys do to get past such moods?

#2 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I am cranky usually :(

#3 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

I can't care enough about some guy shitting on everybody in some Moba game to get angry. 10 years ago I would absolutely shit on them and it would lead to a mess every time. It's been a long time since I've been pissed about something someone wrote on the internet.

#4 Posted by Ketchupp (673 posts) -

Find something to make you laugh or masturbate.

#5 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1210 posts) -

I like to lay down and listen to something like My Brother, My Brother and Me.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

How do you guys cool down?

Freezing water; it's hard to stay mad when you're cold.

#7 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I like to take a cold shower after working out to cool off.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Never been "snapping" at people online, I don't see the reason to waste my time getting angry at people online. 
I care so little about them that their usernames are forgotten when I close a thread or a website down so they're not important to me at all. Could all die tomorrow and I wouldn't know or care about it.  

But when someone does make me angry in in the real world I just say fuck it, walk away and go do something relaxing or something I enjoy and then come back to the person a few hours later, tell them how I felt about them acting like a fucking moron and then that's that.  
That's just me though, especially the not-giving-a-fucking about random internet people, I seem to be alone when it comes to that mentality. 

#9 Posted by hawkinson76 (373 posts) -

wait

#10 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -

nothing works because even if it did I know it's just me ''ESCAPING FROM REALITY''

#11 Posted by Deusoma (3013 posts) -
@Grissefar said:

I can't care enough about some guy shitting on everybody in some Moba game to get angry. 10 years ago I would absolutely shit on them and it would lead to a mess every time. It's been a long time since I've been pissed about something someone wrote on the internet.

I said no words about moba, but then I just meant when you're upset in general, the opening was just my personal example to keep this from being a "<subject>. Discuss!" thread.
#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

masturbation of course, it sucks out all the negative irritated energy out of you and.... spits it out.

#13 Posted by RazielCuts (2961 posts) -
#14 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I tend not to get angry. Anger never helps and it's just a mask for weakness.

#15 Posted by awesomeusername (4194 posts) -

I don't really get mad in my life but when I do, I just keep to myself. Then people bother me and I'm not mad anymore. Now when I'm mad at games, that's a different story. Yes I rage at games, so sod off!

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I don't need to cool down, as I'm too emotionally effing mute to get to the point where I'd need to cool down.

#17 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I don't need to cool down, as I'm too emotionally effing mute to get to the point where I'd need to cool down.

What if I stole all your video games?

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures:

I'd easily find out, get all my games back from you, make sure you'd never steal my games again, and continue living my life. 'Tis that simple.

#19 Posted by gamefreak9 (2359 posts) -

come on this is like an invitation to go to an inappropriate place.

#20 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

I don't look at kittens, that's for sure. Little shits piss me off.

I usually play a single-player video game. Doesn't matter what, I just play one. Come to think of it, that's my response to a lot of emotions. Content? Play a video game! Calm? Play a video game! Angry? Play a video game! Social? Play a video game! Horny? Play a video game! Sad? Play a video game! Annoyed? Play a video game! Depressed? Play a video game!

#21 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Beat the rentboy I have tied up in the extra bedroom. Props to anyone who gets the reference.

#22 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@ninjakiller: Justified?

On the rare occasions I get snappy I listen to music and find funny things on the internet. Maybe some standup comedy or something like that.

#23 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

i take a chill pill. what else? this has been standard medical advice for a number of decades.

#24 Posted by Sackmanjones (4711 posts) -

I like playing my "murder simulators". Then one day when that doesn't help I will take everything I've learned from my "murder simulators" and take it out on actual people. That's how it works right?

#25 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Think of Ewoks.

#26 Posted by John_Lawlz (110 posts) -
@TheVeteran13 Give me another yahoo!!
#27 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Sackmanjones said:
I like playing my "murder simulators". Then one day when that doesn't help I will take everything I've learned from my "murder simulators" and take it out on actual people. That's how it works right?
Well of course that's how it works! It's been proven time and time again. 
Scientists have proven it! .. And by that I mean it's been shown on the news! 
And by "news" I mean none of the news channels anyone with a brain actually listens to but that will change once we kill everybody! right?! 
#28 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

I'll just leave this here and maybe some of you kiddies will understand one day

#29 Posted by Butler (386 posts) -

I try to keep in mind that your emotional state is like a vortex for events occurring in physical reality. I'm a firm believer that your consciousness shapes reality to a degree. So being negative, angry, and pissed off serves no purpose other than being detrimental to your own well being. I try to look at every moment in my life, even the seemingly awful painful ones and I meditate on how they could be beneficial to me, or what purpose they have served. Like if I was never in that car accident I would have never met my current lover. It's all about perspective baby.

And if all that fails find a hot tub and roll a blunt.

#30 Posted by CaLe (3995 posts) -

I learn obscure words like obganiate and quadragintesimal or even facundity. Did you know that it is improper to say "I'm nauseous" or "I feel nauseous"? Saying this implies that other people feel nauseated when they look at you. It's correct to say "I feel nauseated." And did you know, when something is described as decimated it literally means that only 1/10th of it was destroyed? People today throw this word around as though it means everything was destroyed. It's poppycock I tell you.

#31 Posted by RVonE (4643 posts) -

@Ketchupp said:

masturbate.

#32 Posted by Tesla (1923 posts) -

I remember my Epictetus.

"Begin therefore with little things. A little oil is spilled, a little wine is stolen: say, 'This is the price of tranquility; this is the price of not being upset.' Nothing comes for free."

#33 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Don't get mad, get even.

#34 Posted by bchampnd (108 posts) -

@CaLe: That's an interesting way to blow off steam. However, your anger towards people's modern usage of decimate is a bit misguided. If you want to get angry, take it up with Webster (or your preferred dictionary compiler) because one of the dictionary definitions of the word is to destroy a large part of something.

For some real fun, look up the origin of the word decimate - it comes from the Roman army's practice of killing one out of every 10 soldiers from mutinous or cowardly units.

#35 Edited by Halos_god (160 posts) -

Video Games and/or music.

Edit: Then I say Czechoslovakia 100 times.

#36 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

I found that loudly reciting Shakespeare soliloquies helps. No, seriously: I was super pissed off about this girl and I had to practice King Claudius's "Oh, my offence is rank" speech from Hamlet for my English class. I locked myself in my room and shouted my lines at the wall for half an hour and felt amazingly better.

#37 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Masturbate or have sex furiously.

I also play an online FPS I know I'm good at, as destroying virtual people is good at calming the rage. Physical exercise, particularly weights or boxing, help too.

I very rarely get that angry though, I'm generally a cold bastard.

#38 Posted by sevenLiter (110 posts) -

I PLAY videogames to cool down. Haven't touched a multiplayer game in 10 year and that's precisely the reason.

#39 Posted by MegaLombax (393 posts) -

Talk about it with a friend. I find it tremendously helpful.

#40 Posted by Seastalk (123 posts) -

I don't get angry at people online. I don't see why you should.

#41 Posted by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

I either take a nap, or sit outside for a bit.

#42 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6301 posts) -

I listen to music that'll indulge the angry mood I'm in. If something's really fucking with me it helps if I smoke a little weed, step back, and look at my situation. I stopped getting angry at people online when I realized you simply can't have everyone see things your way. Some men....You just can't reach.

#43 Posted by Joker369 (879 posts) -

Listen to music

#44 Posted by MocBucket62 (1234 posts) -

Either watch tv, listen to soothing music, play any video game or go hiking outside my house. I'll also work out if I'm really in the mood.

#45 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

do some stuff that i can take my mind off. i don't usually get angry.

#46 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I almost never get mad at people on the internet anymore (when I first started posting on message boards I was a bundle of rage), but if I am especially irritable for some reason I know that it's a good day to lift some weights. Hard to be angry when you're too tired to think about anything.

#47 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Just try to chill out and listen to some relaxing music.

#48 Posted by mowcrosoft (56 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

Never been "snapping" at people online, I don't see the reason to waste my time getting angry at people online. I care so little about them that their usernames are forgotten when I close a thread or a website down so they're not important to me at all. Could all die tomorrow and I wouldn't know or care about it. But when someone does make me angry in in the real world I just say fuck it, walk away and go do something relaxing or something I enjoy and then come back to the person a few hours later, tell them how I felt about them acting like a fucking moron and then that's that. That's just me though, especially the not-giving-a-fucking about random internet people, I seem to be alone when it comes to that mentality.

I think if they "all" died you would probably notice, The internet would be like a post-apocalyptic wasteland. As for me I don't really bother getting angry on the web much, when I get mad in real life I used to smoke a cigarette, but since I quit 6 months ago I just flip on people now.

#49 Posted by Fattony12000 (7460 posts) -

I just look at this.

#50 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Recreational drugs. Or you know, just listen to music, watch some comedy... punch something.

EDIT: Wow. Completely forgot the thing I do the most, which is stare up at the sky. Day or night it always works. Wherever I am in the world I know I can just go outside and gaze. If its stormy and/or raining then even better, that's my favourite weather.

@nail1080: I like where you're coming from.