How do you guys feel about the 2nd episode of The Walking Dead?

Snoutspout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Snoutspout

I need to say that I was a little bit disappointed. Aside from all the video game references it felt like zombie movie no. 19. 

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

I feel like Rick's wife is much more of a whore than she was in the comic.

I also feel that Glenn is the best character on the show.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By guiseppe

I don't like that the zombies actually do "run" and are smart enough to climb ladders and use heavy objects to smash windows. Other than that, I still really like that show. I long for the confrontation between whatshisface and the guy banging his wife.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

I think they have a good balance between the classic lumbering zombies and the new zombies that like to run-they're pretty slow on moving around but once they notice you they can kind of jog-shuffle and they're smart enough to get over a fence or use a rock. It's very different from the comic but they've been handling it well I though.

Second episode had lots of great moments and some kind of meh moments. The racism stuff seemed silly considering, as Rick pointed out, it's "just the living, and the dead now". You'd have to be unbelievably dumb to still have such racist thoughts in that environment, or to let a guy like that into your survivor group. Still, hacking up the body, the walk through the streets and Glenn in general was all great so still a good episode.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan

Also-there were videogame references?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By SMTDante89

I'm sort of wondering how these new characters (by new I mean they weren't in the comic) for the show will be used.  Will they actually be part of the main cast for a while, or are they just going to be zombie fodder in the next episode?  And...

@TheFreeMan

said:

" Also-there were videogame references? "

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By VWGTI
@guiseppe said:
" I don't like that the zombies actually do "run" and are smart enough to climb ladders and use heavy objects to smash windows. Other than that, I still really like that show. I long for the confrontation between whatshisface and the guy banging his wife. "
I was a bit disappointed with that as well. The running isn't so much of an issue with me, but zombies being able to climb ladders and use rocks to bash windows? No thanks.
mattymattmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By mattymattmatt

I was also disappointed with the second episode mainly for the reasons that people have mentioned above.  The running, using heavy objects to break into survivor strongholds, climbing ladders are all things that I thought were inconsistent with the story so far and were only used to create a sense of dread in the viewer. 

Overall, I was really left with a "meh" feeling at the end.  I watched it with my dad, and I asked him what he thought and he also said it was just all right.  I'm not sure I like what the series is turning into, and I have a feeling I'd like to play Left 4 Dead instead.  I mean they even have a "Francis" character in the second episode.

wubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wubb

I thought the new characters were a little cartoonish and the sound effects when they were chopping up the zombie with an ax was also a bit silly.  But, I enjoyed the episode.  Seems like they are going with a bit of a mild comedy feel to the show.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ryanwho

Boring=/=methodical. I like Mad Men, but I don't have the patience to pretend every plodding ass new show on AMC is amazing.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Didn't bother to watch since I didn't much care for episode one; the funny thing is, before the show started I had absolutely no interest in reading the books, but now I'm reading the books and have no interest in the show. 

jediautobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jediautobot

I have been collecting Walking Dead since issue #1, and I've been enjoying the show so far.  The climbing the fence zombies was a surprise to me.  I like the tension when Rick and Glen were walking through the zombie hordes.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ComradeKritstov

Glen was freaking awesome.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjakiller

It was great.  

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Malakhii

I thought it had some bad acting from "T-dog" (seriously stupid name), the guy who played Morales and Micheal Rooker. Making Rick's wife a little more into Shane was a little off putting for her character. And of course the Zombies climbing fences may fuck up some of my favorite parts of the comics. All in all I thought the second episode was pretty bad, But It people are saying the third one picks up quite nicely so I'm still excited for it. 

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By nickux

I never read the comics so I can't really speak to the show's relation to the source material. I will say that, as a tv show, the Walking Dead just hasn't been great so far. With six episodes in a season- every fucking minute counts. So far though, it feels kind of weak. Characters, motivations, dialogue- it's all been kind of average. Maybe it's unfair putting it on a network like AMC. Shows like Breaking Bad have changed my notions of what's possible with the television format. Mad Men too. The writing on tv has gotten so much stronger in the past five years and when I put a show like the Walking Dead up against something like Boardwalk Empire it pales in comparison. All of this is a shame though because I was looking forward to this series. I'm going to give it a chance and watch the remaining 4 episodes. But things like naming a guy T-Dog, the lack of reasoning behind those survivors bringing that racist white guy on the trip into the city, etc. it's all kind of shitty. 

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jinxman

I thought it was great.  I agreed Rick's wife is more of a whore in the show though, which makes me like her a lot less.  I also think effects wise, these are the best looking zombies i've ever seen.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By nick_verissimo

I like the fact that they are really doing their own thing with respect to the comic books, but I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the first one.  It's definitely cool that they are breathing new life into the story by adding new characters and expanding on the universe, but I really hope it doesn't bog the episodes down as things move along.  I mean, things move rather quickly at times in the comics and that's apart of why I like them so much, so I'm hoping none of that stuff really conflicts with where the story goes in the comics.  Also, I thought that whole T-Dog and Dixon racist bit was pretty unwarranted. Racism really didn't show up in the books, nor did it ever need to and in that instance was really lame that the TV show thought it needed to go there.  I don't know, we'll see.  They've got 4 episodes to go from better than I thought it would be to a show that I really want to watch every week.  It's been good and I've been anticipating watching the show every week, but that could turn sour real quick