• 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

Visiting my mom's and for hours the neighbors across the street and 150 yards across a field have been cranking out heavy metal on volume 11 on a stereo that should only go to 10. I called the sheriff and and hour later the noise stopped. I asked the sheriff not to make contact with my mom's residence as I do not want them to know which house called, but they have my cel number.

For me there is a big difference from listening to loud music and then just not caring about anyone. What kind of people just don't even think of others in their surrounding at all before doing something? Are you one of these people if so I would love to hear you reasons for such entitlement.

#2 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

Murder.

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3089 posts) -

Call the cops or murder them, but I don't suggest doing both.

#4 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2118 posts) -

@Blastroid: I try to ignore it. If I can't, then I grumble to myself. If it really bothers me then I go somewhere else or ask the noisy assholes nicely to shut the fuck up.

#5 Posted by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Murder.

simple yet effective. nuff said.

#6 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

If its still early I wouldn't mind. But if its late I'd set fire to their home.

#7 Posted by Pezen (1678 posts) -

I am not particularly easily disturbed unless warching a movie I haven't seen. As I tend to use headphones for gaming.

We (me and my wife) got complaints from an earlier neighbour that moved and we're slowly turning into them. Sometimes our next door neighbour plays music so loud I can hear lyrics. Last time it happened late at night and my wife was going to work at 5am, I took a hammer to the wall. Turned quiet fast after that. But I feel like and idiot so next time I am going over there and asking them politely. The joy of apartments.

#8 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

I hate being "that guy," but if it's too late, too loud or too often, I just call the cops.

#9 Posted by Giantstalker (1729 posts) -
  1. Cops
  2. Anonymous Warning
  3. Fire
#10 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

@Blastroid: I try to ignore it. If I can't, then I grumble to myself. If it really bothers me then I go somewhere else or ask the noisy assholes nicely to shut the fuck up.

If I knew the neighbors then I would always first ask nicely. Even though I do not know them they do fit a stereotype that I do not believe will listen to reason. My clues to this include:

* They play loud music and do not care if it disturbs other

* They have 3+ dogs that look angry and have not been fed properly

* They have at least one sofa in the what used to be called a front lawn

* The 4 trucks in the drive are worth more than the entire house and land

* If they do play video games their favorite may be Bird Hunter: Wild Wings Edition

#11 Posted by ImaTreee (202 posts) -

just leave it to the cops

#12 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Blastroid: Just rev your chainsaw early in the morning.

#13 Posted by ki11tank (683 posts) -

i bought a house in a great area with a little land and don't have to deal with any of that shit. music on 11 could still cause a problem though, people suck.

#14 Posted by sevenLiter (108 posts) -

Play air guitar on your front lawn while wearing nothing but a sock over your junk. (To keep it legal)

#15 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

@sevenLiter said:

Play air guitar on your front lawn while wearing nothing but a sock over your junk. (To keep it legal)

I am not sure what this has to do with the conversation. I would do this even if they were not being loud.

#16 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2118 posts) -

@Blastroid:

Seems like you did the appropriate thing then. I'm glad I don't live near hillbillies.

#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3737 posts) -

Dude I dont like you ... heavy metal is heavenly music.

Seriously tho what I have to deal with is latin/ranchera/reggaeton bullcrap :( I just ignore such music and make it go away into lala land ^_^

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I show them the power of my NAD!

That sounded really gross. But yeah I just tend to out-loud them, which is really easy to do with a system like mine. But I don't do that anymore since those noisy neighbors moved out and a couple with a baby moved in.

#19 Posted by depecheload (497 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Murder.

FUCK YOU STOLE MY ANSWER

#20 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Quit being a bitch and just go over there and ask them to turn it down. No reason to get the cops involved.

#21 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

Call the police. It is disturbing the peace.

#22 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

Dude I dont like you ... heavy metal is heavenly music.

Seriously tho what I have to deal with is latin/ranchera/reggaeton bullcrap :( I just ignore such music and make it go away into lala land ^_^

As someone who only listened to only Metal for about a decade, no it's really not. Most of it sucks.

However I agree with you in terms of the Latin/Reggaeton crap.

#23 Posted by the_devastator (6 posts) -

the people across the street from my house come home blasting ranchera/banda music everyday, for a couple of hours. I usually start blasting metal and dubstep and it gets them to turn it off

#24 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

I live in the dorms on an Air Force base and the neighbor on one side of my room watches movies with surround sound all the time, the guy on the other side blasts rap music over subwoofers all day (don't have a problem with rap), plays basketball in his room (or dribbles) and has parties with a ton of people..... The guy in the next room down screams expletives so loudly over his headset when playing video games you can hear him down the hall, and someone else down the hall plays electric guitar...

Doesn't bother me...Sometimes I'll just open iTunes, hit shuffle and crank my volume until you can hear it outside and go drink beer outside with my friends and end up passing out in my room with the music still blaring. I think people deserve to enjoy themselves as loudly as they want :)

#25 Edited by Unilad (580 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

If its still early I wouldn't mind. But if its late I'd set fire to their home.

this. Thats actually how you deal with shit in Hong Kong. Fire, or anything involving a meat cleaver.

Either that, or kill 25 random motherfuckers, and call in the tactical nuke...that's how life works right?

#26 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4500 posts) -

@Kerned said:

I hate being "that guy," but if it's too late, too loud or too often, I just call the cops.

#27 Edited by Unilad (580 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

I live in the dorms on an Air Force base and the neighbor on one side of my room watches movies with surround sound all the time, the guy on the other side blasts rap music over subwoofers all day (don't have a problem with rap), plays basketball in his room (or dribbles) and has parties with a ton of people..... The guy in the next room down screams expletives so loudly over his headset when playing video games you can hear him down the hall, and someone else down the hall plays electric guitar...

So Air Force Dorms and College really are the same thing?!

#28 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

You got a gun?

#29 Edited by Laurentech (127 posts) -

@Giantstalker said:

  1. Cops
  2. Anonymous Warning
  3. Fire

^ This guy knows what's up.

You did what I would've done. Going over there and asking them to turn it down might work out fine, if you know them, but it could turn bad if you have no idea who they are. For instance, trying to reason with a bunch of belligerent, drunk, inbred hillbillies is no fun and potentially going to end up with cops getting involved anyway.

#30 Posted by d_breeze (226 posts) -

I don't mind the loud music and noise, but my one of my roommates has trouble falling asleep with the bass cranked up and the floor vibrating under her... She doesn't like confrontation so now I go and beat on their doors and ask them to quiet down. I don't mind confrontation though so I ask them to turn it down. If they don't I just let her call the cops because at least we tried. She had to call the cops earlier in the year when she tried asking them to quiet down and they just laughed because they were either high, drunk, assholes, or any combination of the three.

#31 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

@Laurentech said:

@Giantstalker said:

  1. Cops
  2. Anonymous Warning
  3. Fire

^ This guy knows what's up.

You did what I would've done. Going over there and asking them to turn it down might work out fine, if you know them, but it could turn bad if you have no idea who they are. For instance, trying to reason with a bunch of belligerent, drunk, inbred hillbillies is no fun and potentially going to end up with cops getting involved anyway.

Meh. Just go and knock on the door, stay outside, and ask. Everyone is so scared of everyone it is ridiculous.

#32 Posted by Grimmrobe (197 posts) -

I just blast Napalm Death. That usually shuts them up.

#33 Posted by shermanatorek (114 posts) -

Cut their power.

#34 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -
@FengShuiGod: I'm not saying don't. I'm just saying know where you are and who you're dealing with.
#35 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

I live in the dorms on an Air Force base and the neighbor on one side of my room watches movies with surround sound all the time, the guy on the other side blasts rap music over subwoofers all day (don't have a problem with rap), plays basketball in his room (or dribbles) and has parties with a ton of people..... The guy in the next room down screams expletives so loudly over his headset when playing video games you can hear him down the hall, and someone else down the hall plays electric guitar...

Doesn't bother me...Sometimes I'll just open iTunes, hit shuffle and crank my volume until you can hear it outside and go drink beer outside with my friends and end up passing out in my room with the music still blaring. I think people deserve to enjoy themselves as loudly as they want :)

Yea but you live in a dorm, his Mum has a house and those people are across the road.

#36 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -
@Grimmrobe said:

I just blast Napalm Death. That usually shuts them up.

Looks good to me. Do this.
#37 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3828 posts) -

You play "pass the dutchie" louder than them and then proceed to pass it to the left hand side.

#38 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (497 posts) -

I'd probably play louder metal.

Some Converge should do the trick. If they persist, get brutal and blast Despised Icon.

#39 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

@ValiantGrizzly said:

I'd probably play louder metal. Some Converge should do the trick. If they persist, get brutal and blast Despised Icon.

And then, if that doesn't do it, play some actual metal! ;)

#40 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

heavy metal is heavenly music

Are you referencing the band Heavenly? If so, bravo. Their album Le Jardin De Heavenly is fantastic.

#41 Posted by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

Fake their own deaths. That'll teach 'em!

#42 Posted by Milkman (17341 posts) -

Stop snitching. 

#43 Edited by SomeJerk (3400 posts) -

The best way to take care of noisy neighbours, even in a situation like that of the OP, is to get the law to handle it. Sure it's satisfying to snuff them out while they sleep but when you can fuck them up by nothing more than writing a few letters and making a few calls it's so worth it, so much more satisfying because you know they'll be alive to get that treatment and get cranky about it. I've taken out a bunch of noisy ass neighbours over the years that way, the most noise that can be heard beyond hush-time in the evening is my hot hajji neighbour talking with her relatives over Skype, the absolute worst was a couple of brothers living together who always were having fights, sometimes it sounded like they were making up with each other in loud incestous ways, and they regularly had parties up to eight in the morning.
 
In the sitaution of the OP I do not recommend going over there in person, because they're probably going to pull out weapons and possibly open fire because that's what nutbags in those situations do - and I speak from experience in Sweden - and that couple of noisemakers were in their 50s, and really serious about defending their right to have silverback hot tub fuckfests to five in the morning on workdays.

#44 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (497 posts) -
@Laurentech you're right, genre classifications are really important and I shouldn't use 'metal' as a shorthandle for heavy music.

Please. Forgiveness.
#45 Edited by Ben_H (3444 posts) -
@Laurentech said:

@ValiantGrizzly said:

I'd probably play louder metal. Some Converge should do the trick. If they persist, get brutal and blast Despised Icon.

And then, if that doesn't do it, play some actual metal! ;)

Zing. 
 
I would go for some Immortal or Emperor or Hypocrisy or something. I'm sure Hypocrisy's "Killing Art" would go over JUST PEACHY. 
 
Edit: 
 
Blast beat them into submission: 
#46 Edited by Laurentech (127 posts) -

@ValiantGrizzly: YOU ARE FORGIVEN. Only because I'm FEELING* uncharacteristically generous today.

(lolol i was just poking you with my fun stick)

#47 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Whenever I have to deal with noisy neighbors I give them a taste of their own medicine, by humping loudly.

#48 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

@Ben_H: I like your style. ;) Maybe then rape their corpses by blasting some older Deathspell Omega:

<3

#49 Posted by Grillbar (1914 posts) -

there should be room for playing music loud at some acations and since it dont know every detail i cant say what i would do in this case

but if it happend often or on odd hours i would properly take contant to them and if that does not help, involve the police.

had a neighbor who played justin timberlake sexy back as loud as she could every friday morning at 6am since she diddent have to go ti school on that day

and i got home from work at 5:30am and needed to sleep since i have to be at work again at 6pm

after confronting her several times asking her politely if she could either turn it down a hair or atleast wait until a more normal hour of the day to no avail. and last time be basically said if i diddent like it i should move

she usually had hangovers every saturday when i got home from work so i waited until about 7am so i knew she would have fallen asleep then turn on my stereo and crank up my terminator speakers and play these songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IufzQdXdpKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gwZDl9NWZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8bnKmLWI4

so dont fuck with someone who has powerfull speakers, dont give a shit and knows what hardcore and speedcore is

side note: aparently the bass made her glasses jump out of her cabinet and break so theres that.

#50 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

@Blastroid said:

Visiting my mom's and for hours the neighbors across the street and 150 yards across a field have been cranking out heavy metal on volume 11 on a stereo that should only go to 10. I called the sheriff and and hour later the noise stopped. I asked the sheriff not to make contact with my mom's residence as I do not want them to know which house called, but they have my cel number.

For me there is a big difference from listening to loud music and then just not caring about anyone. What kind of people just don't even think of others in their surrounding at all before doing something? Are you one of these people if so I would love to hear you reasons for such entitlement.

As a fan of metal and someone who is in a band, eat a dick.