How do you know what your hair should look like?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Ive in all my live never had an idea what my hair should look like. I've had long and short hair. never had a hit. it it even meaningful? should I care? How do I know how my hair should look? is my hair supposed to say something?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

Shave it all off

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z

Shave it all off

Ive been thinking about that. Just to see what happens.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Make your hair look like this guy. http://www.gamespot.com/users/Maxwell/

You could trim it, cut it, trim it, etc. And cut it to whatever hairstyle you want. You could do that for years, and that kind of hair is kinda timeless. I basically do that.

No Caption Provided

But I guess you hair is defined by hair product you want to use. I use this. And what year you want to live in. You wanna pretend its the 90's? You're on your own, but hair product could take care of that.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I don't.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had a haircut similar to my dad's when I was young. Got used to it and never bothered changing it (outside of two years of college where I ceased cutting my hair and let it grow down to by butt.)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:

Had a haircut similar to my dad's when I was young. Got used to it and never bothered changing it (outside of two years of college where I ceased cutting my hair and let it grow down to by butt.)

how

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grow it out

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ShaggE

There's no correct answer in my case. A couple weeks ago, I used industrial strength going-to-be-bald-in-5-years-if-I-keep-using-this-shit hair straightener to get rid of my Patrick Klepek hair (no offense to Patrick, he makes it work). It looked good for awhile, but today it's already slowly inflating back into a fro. My hair defies the entire profession of cosmetology, and all known knowledge therein.

All I can really do is shave it off, it seems.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Feel it.

Own it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Hunkulese

@devil240z: Look in a mirror. If it looks alright than it's alright. If it doesn't look alright do something to it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: How what? You mean the two years without a haircut? I went about 3 months without a haircut due to pretty heavy work load, and one day, it got long enough that I had to tie it back like a bit of a pig tail. Then I randomly had the thought that I wanted to see how long I can keep it up, and apparently the answer was for two years.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@devil240z: The 1990's? You wanna pretend you're 1998 Justin Timberlake?

My name may be Justin but I could never pull that off.

Well 2013 Justin, sure turned out alright.

I mean, I just have the hair, like I have now because I just let it grow out and then cut every once in a while. I do the cheapo style. I do use like that brand shampoo and conditioner, but I stopped using that 'milk,' thing, and it turned out alright.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

No Caption Provided

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

There's no correct answer in my case. A couple weeks ago, I used industrial strength going-to-be-bald-in-5-years-if-I-keep-using-this-shit hair straightener to get rid of my Patrick Klepek hair (no offense to Patrick, he makes it work). It looked good for awhile, but today it's already slowly inflating back into a fro. My hair defies the entire profession of cosmetology, and all known knowledge therein.

WHY DO PEOPLE WITH CURLY HAIR WANT STRAIGHT HAIR????? THE CONSEQUENCE IS BEING BALD BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE SOMETHING YOU ARENT!!!!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

What you want is this:

No Caption Provided

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

What you want is this:

No Caption Provided

This is the real reason I have long hair.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

What you want is this:

No Caption Provided

thats pretty much how I look now.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

WHY DO PEOPLE WITH CURLY HAIR WANT STRAIGHT HAIR????? THE CONSEQUENCE IS BEING BALD BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE SOMETHING YOU ARENT!!!!

Because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck curly hair. At least, fuck curly hair that disallows any kind of hairstyle whatsoever. Y'all straighties don't know how good you have it.

Also, being blonde AND curly is a curse. Do you have any idea how many middle-aged women stopped to coo and pull at my head when I was a kid!? SO MANY MIDDLE AGED WOMEN! "Ooh, he's going to be a ladykiller when HE grows up!" NO. NO. YOU LIED, MIDDLE AGED WOMEN. IT'S BEEN TWENTY YEARS, AND I BET YOU'RE STILL MIDDLE-AGED AND TUGGING ON KID HAIR. WHY!? DON'T DO THAT THING YOU'RE DOING!

... I mean, err, I find my hairstyle undesirable. *ahem*

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By pr1mus
@devil240z said:

@pr1mus said:

What you want is this:

No Caption Provided

thats pretty much how I look now.

Well you know it looks fine then!

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By TyCobb

Um... make it like how you want it?

I used to shave my hair off with a Bic. Now I just have it long and will slick it back with a pony tail if I need to look proper. I think if I shave it all off again though, it will come back quite bit grayer. My beard and mustache has a few grays and my hair over the last 2 years has been starting to sparkle in the light from the grays that have showed up.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@shagge said:

@devil240z said:

@shagge said:

Because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck curly hair. At least, fuck curly hair that disallows any kind of hairstyle whatsoever. Y'all straighties don't know how good you have it.

Also, being blonde AND curly is a curse. Do you have any idea how many middle-aged women stopped to coo and pull at my head when I was a kid!? SO MANY MIDDLE AGED WOMEN! "Ooh, he's going to be a ladykiller when HE grows up!" NO. NO. YOU LIED, MIDDLE AGED WOMEN. IT'S BEEN TWENTY YEARS, AND I BET YOU'RE STILL MIDDLE-AGED AND TUGGING ON KID HAIR. WHY!? DON'T DO THAT THING YOU'RE DOING!

... I mean, err, I find my hairstyle undesirable. *ahem*

You know, it is great! All through middle school, I did the gel. How Wrong I Was. ~ Now, my hairs alright. Perfectly reasonable. I look like any other douche at the Best Buy.

I had it so good, and I didn't even know it. ~ Le Sigh..

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive in all my live never had an idea what my hair should look like. I've had long and short hair. never had a hit. it it even meaningful? should I care?

Absolutely. If you're trying to attract <yourgenderofchoice> it is important, and also for jobs or interviews of any sorts. First impressions are important. good style will make you feel comfortabe.

How do I know how my hair should look? is my hair supposed to say something?

Sometimes you don't know, and it can say something if you want. If you see something you like, bring a picture to a stylist with you and ask if it can be done. Don't be afraid to use to paste/gel. If you honestly have no idea what you like or what is possible, visit a competant stylist and ask them for some suggestions about what to do. Good stylists will always have some ideas or suggestions. It'll always grow back, so don't be afraid to be adventurous.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@jasonr86 said:

I don't.

explain.

I have no idea what hair style/cut/whatever looks good on my head. I just go to the barber, say I want it short so it's easy to deal with, and then go about my day. I'm assuming I look ok because I haven't seen anyone run away from me screaming yet. But it's function and comfort over style for me because I have no sense of style.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just pick a style that you think looks cool and then be confident about it. I have the sides of my head shaved with a 2-guard and wear the top straight up. It's a little crazy but as long as you feel like you can pull it off, you can pull it off.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just pick a style that you think looks cool and then be confident about it. I have the sides of my head shaved with a 2-guard and wear the top straight up. It's a little crazy but as long as you feel like you can pull it off, you can pull it off.

Some of us have jobs and uptight bosses to impress bro.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Considering genetics, bald.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have long hair you're doing it wrong.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHATS LONG?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#34  Edited By Hailinel

Short hair is for suckers.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of go to the barbershop every other month, you should try those "hair stylists" shop once in a while. Let them exercise their imagination on your head. See if you like it.

If you hate it? Well, at least you should be fairly fashionable until the hair grew out.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My whole thing is looking like I feel, and I usually feel pretty awesome, so I always look awesome. Everyone has an off day, so sometimes I look like I feel like shit, and yes, it's usually because I feel like I look like shit. It's all in the mind bro. Just be awesome.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fibers of your hair decide the hairdo in my opinion. Mess around with your hair while dry, while completely soaked, and while slightly wet, and see what moods your hair has, how it moves and builds up, etc.

@devil240z: The 1990's? You wanna pretend you're 1998 Justin Timberlake?

No Caption Provided

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Winternet

You are the hair!

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know that look when you first wake up in the morning? yeah just do that. Product is dumb, but then the more messy and ridiculous my hair looks the better for some reason. The joy of having the thinnest/softest hair on the planet that does whatever it wants all the time anyway.

Basically something like this, anything more is too much work

No Caption Provided

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OllyOxenFree

You are the hair!

And then winternet was the hair.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wear that shit like Jeff. Grow it out to a decent length, then just have fun with it.

Of course, I like looking like a slacker ass slacker who just got out of bed, so your mileage may vary.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@devil240z: ask your hair stylist. That's basically their job and most have had training on how optimize someone's hair base. A lot of them are basically dieing to be asked since they get really bored of just being told what to do.

For years I parted it one way but one day I bothered to ask my stylist about it and she suggested a different place to part it based on the and it's made a world of difference.

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got tired of my hair never doing what i wanted. I would try to grow it out, but instead, it would get thicker and thicker. So, one day I said "fuck it", and now i just shave my head about twice a month or so.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get fuckin' shredded, then any haircut'll look good.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MegaLombax

Is this some trick question? You try out a hairstyle, and see if its good. If it ain't, shave it off and start off new.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By konig_kei
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

hawt.