• 57 results
#1 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -

So I'm heading out to Thailand tomorrow (well technically today, I can never sleep before flying) and I'm dreading the 15 hour journey.
So to counter the stress and boredom of those darn airplanes, I'll be taking approximately 200 hours of glorious Bombcast with me.
I think the numbers seem a bit off too, but I can't work out what it is!

But anyway, what do you do to prevent the dreaded restlessness of flight creeping in?

#2 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Read a book, watch a movie, play some games. Most important? Try to sleep. 

#3 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

get soar and uncomfortable because I'm too tall.

#4 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Read, watch movies, play DS/PSP (does funky stuff to your lights though), sleep. Be sure you get up and walk around as often as you can if possible, you'll feel like shit sitting for a long time.

#5 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

pocket pool
#6 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

The longest I've ever been on a plane was for one hour and 50 minutes....ish. I played spider solitaire on my phone and listened to the Bombcast the whole time. On my most recent flight, which lasted 50 minutes, I watched Fresh Prince of Bel Air on my iPod Touch. Love that show.

#7 Posted by RoboRobb (1054 posts) -

You should sneek into the restrooms after a hot girl goes into them and violently Masturbate to the thought of them taking a dump - but that's just my idea of fun.

#8 Posted by angelfan91 (892 posts) -

My iPod.  I like to sleep on planes (no matter how cramped I may be) so listening having music in my ears makes me comfortable. 
#9 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -
@RoboRobb: I appreciate your advice. I will write it in my notepad.
@natetodamax: Yeah, the Fresh Prince is an incredible show. And lucky you! I don't think I've ever been on a flight less than an hour and a half. I'm guessing you live in America? 
@ArchScabby:  This is very helpful, thank you. I'll make sure I occupy myself with that.
#10 Posted by DaManGB (377 posts) -

Bring a girl and join the Mile High Club!

#11 Posted by Fjordson (2433 posts) -

All I really need is my DS, iPhone and a good book.

On my recent flight to Amsterdam I played the crap out of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Dragon Quest IX.

#12 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

get laaaaaaiiiiiddd or watch a movie

#13 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -
@Fjordson: Chinatown Wars would be wonderful. I really need to get a DS. I will have a good book though. :)
#14 Posted by Liam_mk (290 posts) -

sleep unless I'm window seat, can't beat that view.

#15 Posted by Stunt (187 posts) -

I usually try and sleep. If not, I'll whip out the laptop and play some games - usually small games like N Game. You know, the original 100 level game released as a free download.

#16 Posted by FireSketch (827 posts) -
@Liam_mk: @angelfan91:  I would love to be able to sleep on planes! It's only happened to me once, and that was an accident.
#17 Posted by Commando (1877 posts) -

After explaining to NSA and the stewardess the difference between my Giant Bomb and a terrorist's giant bomb, I usually try to stay as quiet as possible.

#18 Posted by angelfan91 (892 posts) -
@FireSketch:
Its comforting, but there's no worse place to wake up than a turbulant plane.
#19 Posted by Osaladin (2543 posts) -

Since it's impossible for me to sleep on a plane, I try and read a book or listen to music. I never bring my PSP, because I haven't touched it in so long and I don't really have any games for it, and because I get a little embarrassed as a grown man playing games in public. I know it's silly, but I have to keep up appearances.

#20 Posted by Berezov (504 posts) -

Last time I was on a plane we had a selection of films we could choose from, on the way there we had stuff like Get Smart, Incredible Hulk and on the way back we had Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls, if I remember correctly I did fall asleep whilst Crystal Skulls were on. I also remember around 10 years ago or so when I was flying with Virgin we had a SNES on the back of our seats, whilst everybody was asleep I was still playing Street Fighter II and almost completed Super Mario World. Funny how I can remember that but can't remember anything about the holiday itself.

#21 Posted by Jeknod (227 posts) -

fap

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I usually just listen to music.
#23 Posted by Ujio (565 posts) -
@FireSketch:  Try screaming "I have a bomb!" repeatedly. 

P.S. Just make sure you add cast to the end of bomb or you could be in some serious trouble. Have fun!
#24 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Sleep, get up for food, drink wine, sleep, get up and eat, watch the films when I can't sleep anymore. That's the routine I always go with. I don't sleep before flight.

#25 Posted by Zella (827 posts) -

Longest flight I've been on was about 5 1/2 to 6 hours and I kept myself occupied with a book and my psp. I played P3P and MGS: Peace Walker, but most rpgs or adventure games work well.

#26 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

I'll usually listen to my ipod or read a book.

#27 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Masturbate furiously in the cockpit.

#28 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Sleep, listen to my ipod and look out the window.

#29 Edited by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:

" Get sore and uncomfortable because I'm too tall. "

#30 Posted by zolloz89 (254 posts) -

i usually buy some comics since my ds battery lasts like 45 minutes fully charged.

#31 Posted by Qorious (847 posts) -

I try to sleep on the airplane but can't seem to force myself to sleep for more than 3-4 hours. I tend to wake up too soon and then looking at the clock makes me dread the 14 hour flight too. I hate flying so I just sit there and just wait until I get bored and then fall asleep for another 3-4 hours, then wake up and start the process again. 

#32 Posted by WhiteBrightKnight (166 posts) -

Bombcast! depending on which airplane you use normally you can watch movies, plus most blu-rays have a digital copy for your iphone.  Sleep, and talk to the person next to you if the aren't a complete slob.
#33 Posted by CastroCasper (1307 posts) -

I stay up all night the day before so I can sit down on the plane and wake up during landing.

#34 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3086 posts) -

I am Puddy.

#35 Posted by Onno10 (405 posts) -

I kick the seat of the guy in front of me non stop.

#36 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -

Hijack the mother, then say jk! lolz and give it back

#37 Posted by irish (85 posts) -

Drink

#38 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3116 posts) -

Play with my vast collection of deadly, poisonous snakes.

#39 Posted by Gellrock (381 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad: YES! best answer by far!
#40 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3000 posts) -

I turn on my cv radio to see if it'll crash the plane

#41 Posted by Andorski (5367 posts) -

Sky Mall magazines.

#42 Posted by Clean (2359 posts) -

Hit on the flight attendant nonstop

#43 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I burst into the cockpit and share a few kegs with the pilot and copilot. Once we're drunk enough, I get everybody to take off their shirts, just so I can establish a "no shirts" rule for when the stewardess enters.

#44 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

i listen to music for the entire flight 

#45 Edited by Aaox (1657 posts) -

In total I've spent roughly 480 hours on an airplane in my lifetime, and most of that time would've been spent either on a handheld game system (Persona 3 Portable was a godsend on the most recent one) or more recently, listening to music. I once spent an entire flight in a state of half-sleep listening to Caramell Dansen. Sadly, that's a true story. I can never sleep on airplanes, though, even this one time when I drank a can of Drank an hour before takeoff.

#46 Posted by KaosAngel (13764 posts) -

Mile High Club, who's with me?  

*open high five*

#47 Posted by jkz (4061 posts) -

I go on a lot of 10+ hour flights, and most of my time on those flights I spend reading and listening to music. Occasionally I'll play games on my PSP or watch movies, but it's mostly music and reading.

#48 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I did 70 SuDoku puzzles between Manchester Airport and Atlanta International.

#49 Posted by piggles (9 posts) -
@Bobdaman18 said:
" pocket pool "
Word. 

Once that tray table's down, it's on.
#50 Posted by habster3 (3600 posts) -
@Bobdaman18 said:
"pocket pool "
/thread.