How do you system link a ps3?

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JBird

I saw another topic mentioning system linking and i remembered i'd been meaning to get an answer to this for ages.

Me and some mates have been wanting to get together and spend all night playing games for a while, but not many games split the screen into 4 nowadays, and playing online is fun and all, but you can't order pizza and watch a dumass movie together. So how do you work the magic needed to system link.

Oh btw, If some crazy cables are needed please can you be super specific on what type they are and where i could get them (UK) I'm reasonable technically able, but i've had so many experiences of buying a slightly wrong cable for a job!

Cheers in advance.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer
@JBird: Hmm, seeing as nobody has answered your question yet i'll tell you what I think I know haha.

From what ive heard, system linking is as easy as connecting an ethernet cable between them, so just unplug the side that goes to your internet box and stick that in your friends PS3. Check the internets before though incase i'm wrong haha, but a friend of mine does this with his xbox and says it works, So I would assume the same thing.

Also I have worked at an electronics store and never saw any specialty cables anywhere, so I doubt they exist.

Alternatively, just both plug into your same internet with 2 cables, and just have a private match online? That way nobody else is there so you can fool around or whatever.

Good luck with all that =P