• 86 results
Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: How do you take your Coffee? (188 votes)

Black as my heart 44%
With cream / milk only 15%
With sugar only 4%
Milk / Cream & Sugar 24%
Other (Specify) 12%

So as I sit here drinking a cup of Coffee I made this morning I was wondering how all your coffee drinkers out there take your coffee? Me? I'm a cream only kind of guy. How much depends on the quality of the coffee. If its shitty coffee more cream to cover up the taste if its good stuff I'll put less in so I can taste the actual coffee. And if you're asking why I would ever willingly drink shitty coffee well... sometimes a man needs a caffeine fix and all they have access to is the shitty coffee at work. So how about you guys?

#1 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

just milk (or soymilk). I don't think coffee needs to be sweetened, just... cooled down a bit.

#2 Edited by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

@toowalrus: Yeah I'm with you there. If you put sugar in it you just get further away from it tasting like coffee.

#3 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

Like my women: hot, black and without any pubic hair

#4 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

Usually with cream and sugar. But when I am really sleepy and want to wake up fast, then black, so the taste will punch me in the face.

#5 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

in the ass

#6 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

#7 Edited by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Coffee instead of water/milk in hot chocolate mix, instant & cheap mocha over $4 one from stores.

#8 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4162 posts) -

Strong French Roast, two sugar, half a creme.

#9 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (520 posts) -

Black, like my men.

Iced coffee gets a pass as well as cream and sugar. Unless it's an iced Americano, which I usually take black.

#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

However I can get it.

#11 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Cream only.

#12 Edited by Kidable (127 posts) -

With a bit of Swery

(I'm actually a tea drinker. Tea 4 Lyfe.)

#13 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Black.

I really don't enjoy extra stuff in my coffee, unless it's enough extra stuff that it becomes a different drink.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -
#15 Posted by obcdexter (580 posts) -

Kochendheiß und dunkelschwarz, Junge.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -
#17 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -
#18 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Black as midnight on a moonless night.

#19 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4303 posts) -

Milk/cream and an ungodly amount of sugar. Just freaking diabetic coma inducing levels of sugar.

#20 Edited by Video_Game_King (36071 posts) -

I don't.

#21 Edited by OldGuy (1517 posts) -

FK

#22 Edited by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

With about 6 milk/cream and 8 sugars.

I'm not exaggerating. I hate coffee and will only drink some 25 cent coffee from work when i'm in a dire need for something to stay awake and have no energy drink nearby.

#23 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6289 posts) -

Black but I prefer a Monster Rehab Red Tea when I wanna wake up. Shit is good.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

@pr1mus: Holy christ you must hate it with that much stuff in it I don't even think that is coffee anymore.

#25 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yeah but it works wonder to keep me awake! At this point though it's probably the sugar more than the caffeine.

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (14579 posts) -

@pr1mus: Yeah, for whatever reason coffee is the ONLY thing that works on me to keep me awake. Energy drinks? All day son and not a thing. Coffee? I'm wired.

#27 Posted by myketuna (1655 posts) -

I don't really drink coffee unless I need to do something very early in the morning. In which case, I take it black.

#28 Edited by djou (860 posts) -

When I brew my own, black since I'm on the threshold of being one of those coffees snobs. Sustainably sourced beans in a burr grinder brewed on a melita, etc. But if someone serves me coffee I just take it standard, milk and two sugars, since its masks lackluster bean flavor.

#29 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I have become a coffee brewing enthusiast in recent years thanks to Tested. My favorite is medium roast brewed pourover style with my Hario V-60. I like to put half a teaspoon of heavy 34% whipping cream, mostly to thicken up and increase oily consistency just slightly.

For plain old drip brewer swill I also do a small amount of cream. 18% table cream for that.

Never sugar. Makes coffee taste terrible to me when sugar is added. If shitty coffee is the only coffee available, I will drink tea. Tea bag tea is superior to bad coffee almost always.

#30 Posted by Hunter5024 (5551 posts) -

I take my coffee and pour it down the drain where it belongs. The only good coffee is the coffee you can't taste.

#31 Edited by Chop (1994 posts) -

Black. Although I don't really drink the stuff very often.

I'm more of a green tea man, myself.

#32 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

Cream only. Though I did go through a stretch of drinking it black, mainly because I was too lazy to get cream to keep at work for coffee. So I think putting cream in my coffee at home is mostly just habit really.

#33 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1532 posts) -

I'm lactose intolerant, but even if I wasn't I'd probably still drink black coffee. I've tried various dairy-free milks (soy, almond, rice, etc.) in coffee and never really enjoyed it.

I suspect black coffee's a bit of an acquired taste -- if you're not used to it, it might take some time before you start "getting it". This is a pretty coffee snobish thing to say, but I also have a feeling a lot of people who drink stuff like double-doubles (is that just a Canada thing?) don't actually like the taste of coffee, they just like sugar, fat, and caffeine.

#34 Edited by Bollard (5288 posts) -

@jams said:

in the ass

I was going to say, where is the butt option.

#35 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Morbid

#36 Edited by Brewmaster_Andy (520 posts) -
#37 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

cream. sometimes i'll take it black if im in the mood.

#38 Posted by Krataur (344 posts) -

I take my coffee as tea.

#39 Edited by Stonyman65 (2604 posts) -

With as much milk and sugar as needed to get rid of the bitter coffee taste. Not really a coffee drinker to be honest. I've tried buy I can't get into it.

However I do like those McDonald's frozen caramel Frappe things. those are pretty good, but I can only handle a small one maybe once a month or so.

#40 Posted by Sanaj (170 posts) -

I take my coffee with just milk.

#41 Edited by JadeGL (760 posts) -

Milk/cream/creamer and sugar. I like my coffee looking like a cup of beige paint.

Well, maybe not that light, but you get the gist. :)

Unless it's a fancy cappuccino or something at a restaurant or something, then I drink it straight. I really like getting a Cafe Americano when I can.too, and I usually don't add anything to that.

#42 Posted by Milkman (16540 posts) -

Just milk. Shocker, I know.

#43 Edited by mordukai (7140 posts) -

@milkman said:

Just milk. Shocker, I know.

I also changed to just milk (skim) about 2 years ago. Used to take it with sugar.

#44 Edited by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -

The idea of coffee with cream sounds fucking gross to me. Is that an American thing? I only drink it black cause I drink it for the taste, not for the caffeine. Coffee is good.

#45 Edited by bennyboy (328 posts) -

I've been drinking black coffee daily for 8 months now and still don't really enjoy it.

#46 Posted by PerfidiousSinn (732 posts) -

I don't really drink plain coffee. I'll take a macchiato, latte, or cappuccino. Never plain coffee, no matter how much cream or sugar is in it.

#47 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1140 posts) -

If you don't drink your coffee black then you don't like coffee.

#48 Edited by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

If you don't drink your coffee black then you don't like coffee.

Just like how if I put ketchup on my fries I don't like fries?, or if I eat oatmeal with some honey I don't like oatmeal?, or if I like blue cheese with my wings I don't like wings? I always find it pretentious when people are like "OMFG YOU PUT CREAM IN YOUR COFFEE".

#49 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

The blackest and the strongest, mmm yeah.

#50 Edited by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Just sugar. Which is by far the least popular choice for some reason.