• 86 results
Posted by Demoskinos (15180 posts) 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: How do you take your Coffee? (188 votes)

Black as my heart 44%
With cream / milk only 15%
With sugar only 4%
Milk / Cream & Sugar 24%
Other (Specify) 12%

So as I sit here drinking a cup of Coffee I made this morning I was wondering how all your coffee drinkers out there take your coffee? Me? I'm a cream only kind of guy. How much depends on the quality of the coffee. If its shitty coffee more cream to cover up the taste if its good stuff I'll put less in so I can taste the actual coffee. And if you're asking why I would ever willingly drink shitty coffee well... sometimes a man needs a caffeine fix and all they have access to is the shitty coffee at work. So how about you guys?

#51 Posted by DoctorTran (1575 posts) -

I usually do milk and sugar, but I think I want to start doing black coffee with just sugar...

#52 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I like my coffee like I like my women; tepid, with a plastic spoon in them.

#53 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

with milk, and special coffee sugar, if anything.. the sugar makes it taste more like coffee

#54 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1093 posts) -

Black

#55 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

No coffee for me.

#56 Edited by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

I get hot chocolate instead....

#58 Edited by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

A'ight, dig.

It depends on what the coffee is. At home, I have a real dark roast coffee, so mostly I drink that coffee black. At work, I have two choices: A lighter roast, so I add a little bit of cream, and a pinch of sugar -- or the instant coffee sludge, which mostly consists of Equal and french vanilla creamer.

#59 Posted by sevenLiter (108 posts) -

I like the taste of good black coffee. But if it's morning and I just need to get caffeine into my system, I'll put in half & half so I can drink it faster.

#60 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

Orally, usually.

#61 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6405 posts) -

I don't want to come across as one of those Americans who drinks tea just to be a hipster, but I really do prefer tea over coffee. I haven't cared for the taste or the acidic nature of it. I do love a latte now and again, though - give me a blackberry or a caramel latte and I'm in heaven. Hell, I'll even drink those insanely sugary gas station "cappucinos" every now and again.

But as far as tea goes, just plain tea, no sugar or milk. I'll sometimes add a little bit of honey, but that's pretty rare. I'm mostly fond of regular ol' black and green teas, but my favorite of all time was Lipton's Honey and Lemon tea. Ohhhh man, that was the stuff.

#62 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6165 posts) -

Black unless it's a non chocolate specialty brand

#63 Posted by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

With Chocolate in it.

#64 Edited by VarkhanMB (161 posts) -

Ever since I bought an AeroPress, I don't feel the need to add anything to my coffee! Black is the way to go!

#65 Posted by DarthOrange (3909 posts) -

I usually drink Americanos so with lots of hot water.

#66 Posted by Vrikk (955 posts) -

One Splenda, and only to take the edge off of a pure black cup of coffee.

#67 Posted by Vrikk (955 posts) -
@bennyboy said:

I've been drinking black coffee daily for 8 months now and still don't really enjoy it.

Dumb question time! "Why do you drink coffee then?"

#68 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Black, the only right answer.

#69 Edited by MannyCalavera (105 posts) -

Black, no sugar. Because i enjoy the taste of coffee.

#70 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

Always black. Very seldom when I run across really shitty coffee will I add some sugar.

#71 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

Certified.

#72 Posted by 49th (2853 posts) -

Black because it's cooler.

#73 Edited by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

I never acquired a taste for coffee. I can wake up without stimulants, thank you.

#74 Edited by wrecks (2319 posts) -

#75 Edited by fetchfox (1364 posts) -

Black and strong (stovetop Mocha-pot). I do also enjoy a good macchiato, americano or cappucino though. Espresso is just my preference.

#76 Posted by Karkarov (3291 posts) -

Black. Sometimes with sugar.

#77 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6403 posts) -

Lots and lots of cream, preferably. I can get down with some black coffee though.

#78 Edited by Lumley (964 posts) -

I've only just started drinking coffee so I have it with milk and 2 sugars. Not the biggest fan yet but it's growing on me

#79 Posted by Hinamotto (66 posts) -

Black and without sugar. Being portuguese, I also always have an espresso.

#80 Posted by TobbRobb (4852 posts) -

I'm not a fan of coffee. But whenever I get some forced on me I take it black. Milk or Sugar just makes it taste worse and lessens the kick, which is the only enjoyable part of it. Never tried cream, but I don't actually like cream, so I think it's a safe bet that I don't want anything to do with that.

#81 Edited by razorzxz (180 posts) -

I'm still sort of testing the waters in the coffee domain. I just like to go with a conventional milk and sugar combo - it's been working so far.

#82 Edited by Winternet (8060 posts) -

Why does my heart have to be black?

#83 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1219 posts) -

Non-existent

#84 Posted by Sanity (1951 posts) -

Either black or with a bit of milk, no sugar.

#85 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@laszlokovacs said:

If you don't drink your coffee black then you don't like coffee.

Just like how if I put ketchup on my fries I don't like fries?, or if I eat oatmeal with some honey I don't like oatmeal?, or if I like blue cheese with my wings I don't like wings? I always find it pretentious when people are like "OMFG YOU PUT CREAM IN YOUR COFFEE".

This, who the fuck cares how you take it. Most people drink coffee for the effect not the taste.

#86 Edited by lclay (380 posts) -

Black is the only way to go.

#87 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3089 posts) -

In the garbage.