• 53 results
abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By abendlaender

Poll (How) Do you use Twitter? (225 votes)

Like a stalker. I want to know everything about them without them knowing....soon...soon 17%
I'm not as creepy as you but I generally just follow others as well 38%
Some people follow me so I tweet from time to time 18%
You can call me the Birdman cause I tweet all the time! 7%
When I was young only Birds tweeted, what is this "Twitter" you youngsters are talking about? 20%

I just now listened to the conversation the crew had on a Bombcast, where they talk about this "legit twitter followers" thing and how some people only use Twitter to follow others and not to tweet. Well, I'm such a person. It would be kinda weird tweeting cause for obvious reasons nobody is following me so I just follow the crew and some other folks (sometimes I attempt to be funny and tweet hilarious responses to stuff they say but....well at least they haven't blocked me yet. Rorie responded to me twice which made me feel important). So, how do you use Twitter? Like a normal, well liked and/or famous person with friends, or more like a stalker like me?

• 
Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't stand Twitter. Too much of a word limit. I have an account, and I'll read tweets from others, but even that I'm not real active about. I never tweet myself.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't use Twitter. Outside of occasionally looking at Giant Bomb tweets or if news agencies quote tweets, I have little interaction with them. I see the appeal, but it isn't for me.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tweet a bit back at people but I never told my friends my handle. I like to follow people who have interesting takes on things or funny stuff to say.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just use it as a glorified newsfeed, not important enough to be worth following. That and I can never be arsed to actually tweet anything anyways.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I've done a couple thousand tweets in the 4 years I've been using the service. I'm using it a lot less now that my computer is broken and I'm stuck in the hell that is the Android and Vita versions. I started out following gaming related stuff and music related stuff but eventually real people (both who I know and who I don't) started following me. I've stopped following music stuff though since it turns out no one in that group has anything to say other than "We're playing a concert tonight!" which isn't very useful or interesting.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By audioBusting

I picked "like a stalker" but I'm literally a stalker on Twitter.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mostly follow but I've been tweeting more lately. Got around 80 or so followers.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to use it a lot for work, so I'm on it pretty much all day. I don't post on my personal account very often though, other than retweets.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just read tweets.

excido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I use it to keep up with news and subjects I'm interested in. Professionally I tweet occasionally for my company on the company twitter but it's more for feature releases, etc. I hardly tweet personally but I would like to. I just don't think to even though I am reading twitter all day.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't really. I'll look at it when I'm board or during E3 but for the most part I'm hardly on it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Uh, I've got 35k+ tweets so I use it a good bit? I've met some cool people via twitter so I think its a neat service.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I powertwitter

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Generally I engage with those I follow and those that follow me. What would be the point of being on a social network if you aren't going to be social?

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

I've done a fair bit of Tweeting, though I've not a lot of followers. And I'm cool with that.
I do it more for my own benefit. I just like writing stuff and if I don't have time for a full on blog or whatever then a quick Tweet will do in a pinch.
That being said I do tend to use it more to follow folk and see what they're saying more than anything.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nezza said:

What would be the point of being on a social network if you aren't going to be social?

That's exactly why I don't use twitter.

Well, that and because I found little value in having a real-time feed of the inane minutia of people's lives and their dumb internet arguments.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By crusader8463

I don't use it. The character limit makes it pointless in my eyes. Besides that I don't know anyone that I want to know every dumb thing they are doing at all times.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaLe

@nezza said:

Generally I engage with those I follow and those that follow me. What would be the point of being on a social network if you aren't going to be social?

Uhh, to follow Jeff Gerstmann? ...and perhaps 19 other industry folk. Just because I don't tweet doesn't mean the service offers me nothing.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

If I have some weird thought, I'll tweet it.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

One time Ryan retweeted something I said, and it was the proudest moment of my life. Although it wasn't really something I said, I was quoting something that Ryan said on one of the Bombcasts. I had tweeted

One of my other proud Twitter moments was being able to elicit this reaction from John Drake.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#21 gamer_152  Moderator

I follow a bunch of people and tweet quite often, I'm a pretty big fan of Twitter.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

If I have some weird thought, I'll tweet it.

And if he does I'll tweet a weird thought back. That is if I'm paying attention to twitter that particular day. Sometimes I forget. That's about the extent of my twitter use.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@gamer_152: That you are.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Corvak

A bunch of people from a site I frequent use it as a giant IM service / chat room because none of us can be arsed to set up a forum or deal with moderating said forum.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel like I'm going to be a geezer before I turn 30. I'm already really jaded on how people and corporations and advertisers use Twitter and Facebook. I don't like it.

Back in my day advertisers had to put in some effort to advertise...

I'll let myself out.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, pretty much set one up just to follow people. But now that the GB guys' twitter links are on the homepage I just go there and read the responses.

slowhanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By slowhanded

Use it a ton to talk with friends and people in the industry I work at. Great way to follow the blogs/subs I have.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Twitter is a good way to advertise and answer simple questions. It's also a good way to get simple questions answered from people who most likely wouldn't respond otherwise.

Tweet. Tweet. Tweet it all out. These are the things that I tweet about. Come on. I'm talking to you. Come on.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bell_End

i just use it to follow a few F1 drivers, some comedians, some websites, and just some random shit.

i like it!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You start a feud with someone famous and then once you have the world's attention, blow them away with amazing jokes that you stole from George Carlin.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I only joined Twitter as an easy way of texting DuskVamp at the beginning of our relationship (we've now moved on to iMessages).

Through that I mostly follow people or tweet photos and updates from my overseas vacations to filter through to my Facebook for my friends and family.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I use it to follow a few people (mainly the GB crew) recently I have found that using it to get what you want from companies is a lot easier vs the support section.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By myke_tuna

I follow a lot of game industry folks and a few celebs (nobody super famous). Mostly use it to mass text my friends since I didn't have group texting capability for the longest. I have a couple followers, so my tweets (seemingly) get read. I don't actually tweet as much as I used to though.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HerbieBug

Twitter has increasingly become the fastest and easiest way to tell my ISP that they suck and how I am terribly saddened by their continued lack of competence. :)

Really. If I call of the phone, they might put me on call back and won't call me back for a couple hours. On the Twitter support I often receive a reply in minutes.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tweet tumblr images of quotes and only tweet in mysterious but cringe worth quotes.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's some people on twitter that are really, really, fucking funny. Big Ghost's feed alone makes it worth having an account.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I use Twitter all the time, it's how I keep up with the things I'm interested in. I use it as a news feed and in that regard it works well. I tweet a lot too, not really to anyone in particular, though I do have followers, but really I'm just thinking out loud. It's useful if you want to get something off your chest, or just pass the time.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't use twitter at all. I'm just not that type of relic.

Deadlydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't do twitter because most people just post cryptic bullshit that's really vague and makes no sense. It really annoys me.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

I usually only load my tweet deck during special events or if i have a question to ask. Recently i've discovered you can get twitter to send you text messages with selected accounts so i now use that as a way of sending me live stream updates.

Outside of that, still hate mass social media systems.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

i tweet pictures of puppies like this

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rorie: Man that puppy looks like he got one of them special milk bones if you know what I mean.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@rorie: You've retweeted some of the puppy links I've sent you, and that made me feel like an important, contributing member to society. So thanks for that :D

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have one set up to follow all of the gb crew mainly to keep up-to-date on site stuff (as well as read some hilarious stuff mainly coming from Jeff and Alex.)

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By Dalai

I'm more of a reader than a tweeter. I'm not nearly as active as most people I follow, but I get around.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimsey said:

I've done a fair bit of Tweeting, though I've not a lot of followers. And I'm cool with that.

I do it more for my own benefit. I just like writing stuff and if I don't have time for a full on blog or whatever then a quick Tweet will do in a pinch.

That being said I do tend to use it more to follow folk and see what they're saying more than anything.

Yeah this is pretty much where I am at with twitter as well.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have a twitter account that I have never tweeted with. I don't really see the point to twitter. It's a really truncated way to communicate with people. It works for delivering small bite sized news, but there are better ways of doing that. Pretty much the only thing it does well is allow semi famous people to make sarcastic dickheaded observations for people to read.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only post drunk Vines and never read anybody's tweets about anything ever.